Quantcast Loosing Disney World

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Loosing Disney World

HELP! My fiance and I are getting married August 15th and I planned a honeymoon at WDW (of course). I made reservations at CBR and paid. Ok, Ive been to the world once a year or more since birth (31 trips), she has never been, and she thinks that its not worth the money, that it doesnt sem like much of a place for a honeymoon! She wants to go to a beach somewhere, anywhere, any just relax. The reservations are now canceled! So I picked my jaw up off the floor, and am writing this... How can I convince someone who has never been to the world that its perfect for a honeymoon? That its worth the money? I still have time to save this honeymoon (and marraige) but I need help now!
    Sao Feng... He's alot like me, absent my merciful nature and sense of fair play.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not suggest a cruise, like a Disney cruise. You can do the four day cruise and three days at the parks so she can get the beach part of the honeymoon on the cruise and you get the parks. Also, it can expose her to the parks and just how much there is and what you will miss only having three days in the parks so she will want to go back.

That is what I would suggest. Compromise is the key. Married almost 21 years and it is still work but well worth it.
    ROBERT

PROUD FATHER OF A DAUGHTER FIGHTING AND BEATING LEUKEMIA. PROUD FATHER OF A GREAT SON EXCELLING IN ALL HE DOES. PROUD HUSBAND OF THE BEST AND MOST SUPPORTIVE WIFE A MAN COULD HAVE.

HURRICANE KATRINA SURVIVOR

Post Thanks / Like

The first time the dw started working me to go to Disney, I had the same reaction..wasn't worth the time or money...after a dozen or so trips, I experience something new and exciting everytime. The atmosphere of Disney alone is enough to envelope anybody. Now we have gone with our 13 year old 10 years in a row for her birthday, and are leaving in two weeks for her 14th. Did you order the vacation planning dvd?
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parrothed26 View Post
    How can I convince someone who has never been to the world that its perfect for a honeymoon?
    Remind her of the Love, Honor and OBEY promise.

{No flames, just kidding.}
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

This is not ddb, this is her Dear Husband, anyway , you should knock her in the head and drag her to the World while she is out.Just kidding, but how about half Vero beach and half Disney? That would be a very good compromise, and it shows that she is willing to work with you and if she doesn't then maybe it's not meant to be, I'm not saying that Disney is the be all and end all but the compromise is what I'm getting at. Reality smacks you dead in the face. Have a good time working it out and good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the land and sea suggestion. She gets what she wants and you get what you want, just a little of both. That way she can see that Disney is a fun place to go for future trips.
    Coreen

Post Thanks / Like

How about suggesting your CBR for the first part of you Honeymoon and then a short drive to New Smyrna Beach for the wind down, set on the beach and relax. Nice beach South of Daytonia that used to be my spot for days off at Disney. After a days stay in the World, she may not want to leave. Make sure to do the easy going, not in a rush to catch Splash Mountain approach.
    • Set on the beach at the Poly and watch the watercraft go by.
    • Take a hand held walk on the boardwalk the the Boardwalk Resort.
    • Get a table with a view and watch WISHES from a top the Contempoary Resort.

THEN GO CATCH SPLASH MOUNTAIN!

My DW and I will be celebrating our 25th in less than 100 days, just confirmed our 10 night stay yesterday and will be making my ADR on Friday.
    NO WHERE ELSE WE'D RATHER BE!

1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Splitting the trip sounds like a great idea and you both get what you want. Maybe even try something non Disney for half the vacation, Sanibel Island maybe? There are many great places you can go and get some great beach time and still show off your love for Disney.

Good luck!
    Brian

December 9 -December 18, 2015 POR
    Sept 24 - Oct 4, 2009, POFQ
    September, 2008 - CBR
    April, 1988-offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I suggest calling guest services and explain the situation to them. See if Mickey has time to give her a call explaining how he has always wanted to meet her.

Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me of 1988...................DW had never been to the world--she could not see spending $160 per night for the poly. She thought that Disney was just an overhyped Six Flags. Boy was she surprised. Her jaw dropped when we pulled in -- and she had a fantastic time. Saw both parks and took the bus to the LBV Shopping Village. It was too cold for River Country though. I am glad that I stuck to it.

The Land/sea option does seem like a good compromise though.

Thanks
    Scott C
    Aug 73 - Jun 74 Off Site
    Jun 75 - Jul 84 Dutch Inn
    Oct 78 - Nov 88 Poly - Honeymoon(88)
    May 97 - May 99 - Jul 00 - Jun 05 - Sep 11
    Sep 16 - Sep18
    Dixie Landings
    Feb 02 CBR
    Feb 03 WL
    Jun 07 POP by MJ
    July 09 POFQ through Magical Journeys
    Sep 10 OKW MNSSHP by MJ
    Sep 13 Poly

Post Thanks / Like

I think you have had great responses already. We did the Disney Cruise years ago and it was fantastic.

Also, just splitting it among a local beach and Disney would be great as well.

Compromise is a good way to start the marriage.
    Lori Ann
    Mother of twin 9 year old girls
    Dixie Landings 11/96 (honeymoon)
    Dixie Landings/Cruise 12/2000
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ - 11/2007, 9/2008, 9/2009
    CSR 5/2010, AKL 5/2010 (split stay)
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

Post Thanks / Like

OMGoodness! If you have been 31 times does she not realize that you are a WDW freak! Maybe this would be a great exercise for her to learn more about you. I too had to wheedle my DH to go to WDW, he griped and all that. Now he loves it, we actually went to Vegas in March (neither of us had been) instead of our romantic long weekend at Disney and he still says we should have gone to Disney! Love it!

We comment about how if we had known that Disney was so awesome (and surprisingly affordable if you do it right) we would have gone to the world for our Honeymoon instead of a basic beach vacation 12 years ago. I agree with other posters that a Disney cruise would be fantastic! Also, a couple days of Disney and a couple days at Vero Beach would be way cool!

Congratulations and good luck! It will all work out fine, God would not have brought both of you together if she could not be persuaded to see the "light"!
    Autism Awareness-Solve the Puzzle
    June 1989-Off Site
    May 2002-Off Site
    October 2006-All Star Movies
    March 2007-All Star Sports
    March 2008-Pop Century
    September 2008-Pop Century
    October 2009-All Star Movies
    February 2010-Dolphin

November 2010-Birthday & Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!! Can a Disney Nut and a "non Disney " coexist?

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Rookie mistake booking a vacation---HONEYMOON without her permission. My husband, even when trying to surprise me, still checks to see what I might like to do. The land/Sea combo sounds like a good combo--if you like boats. I myself am afraid to take a cruise, but have heard the Disney Cruise is great. How can someone not be happy in the Happiest place on earth. I am never in a bad mood there. You might want to show her some of the more adult areas in Disney....Epcot, Downtown Disney, It is not all rides. There is shopping, dancing, shopping, water sports, shopping. Seeing a theme here:-) Good Luck converting your Fiance.

Post Thanks / Like

My DH and I had our honeymoon in WDW. It's very romantic. Here are some things we did:
    • Spend a day relaxing by the pool having fufu drinks
    • A romantic carriage ride at Port Orleans Riverside with champagne
    • Romantic dinner at Narcoossee's
    • Watch Illuminations from Rose & Crown while having a nice dinner & drinks
    • Dinner at Ohana's and a romantic stroll around the resort after dinner
    • Wear the bride & groom mouse ears. Have them personalized and wear them around the park. You'll receive special treatment.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

I think you have gotten some great ideas, but I just want to add something you might not get from this awesome board.

I can't stand WDW. Neither can my DH. We hate every second, from the booking until we get home. I have 4 children who love it, so we have been three times and will certainly go again. The kids have no idea how much we loathe the whole thing and hopefully never will. Now, I am not saying Disney isn't great. It certainly is, but not my thing at all. If my DH had taken me there on our honeymoon I would have been suicidal. Some people just don't "get" the magic and given how expensive it is, it makes it very hard to take.

Maybe you could go for a quick trip before the wedding? She might fall in love with WDW and you'd be all set. On the other hand, if she hates it, well, not the kind of memories you want for your first days/weeks as a married couple.

Good Luck!
    Feb. 2004 WL
    Feb. 2005 Polynesian
    Feb. 2007 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Jafarsgirl: Well - even though you loathe WDW, at least you are staying at some GREAT resorts!!!!

I have to agree that even though it's hard to imagine anyone NOT loving WDW (and let's face it - if you are on these boards, more than likely you are a fanatic!) there ARE those out there where it's just "not their thing". My sister is a great example - hates crowds and can't imagine doing WDW - got almost nutty just going to the Omaha Zoo!!!!

That being said - you've gotten some great ideas on how to balance it out and compromise. Best advice is to talk it out so it's a win-win. It doesn't have to be "all or nothing". Best of luck to you.

(and - I'm still trying to figure out the loathing part of WDW when you stay at WL or Poly! ha ha)
    Melinda

Trips:

Offsite - June 1997
    WL - October 2008
    POFQ - April/May 2010

RPH - Universal - May 7th-11th 2014
    POFQ - Sept. 27-30, 2014 (just the two of us!)
    Royal Pacific Hotel - Universal - June 27th - July 1st, 2015
    POFQ - Sept 2017

Post Thanks / Like

1) communication is key-talk EVERYTHING out
    2) DW is ALWAYS right
    3) Vero Beach is Beautiful
    4) DW is ALWAYS right
    5) Fort De Soto is Beautiful
    6) DW is ALWAYS right

DH and I have been married 12 years this Sunday. He has lots of hobbies (hunting & fishing primarily) and knows that WDW is mine. See if she'll do a compromise trip, if not don't force it. I go to WDW and he goes on hunting trips-separately. I'm not suggesting separate honeymoons-of course but down the road that may be an option. You could plan your honeymoon to Vero and ask if a 1 day stay would be acceptable before you return home just so she can get a little taste of the Happiest Place On Earth...

Whatever you decide: DW IS ALWAYS RIGHT. JK Good luck!
    ~~~~~~Stephanie~~~~~~

December 3-7, 2010 Poly LVC
    April 13-18, 2009 Poly LVC
    Feb 8-11, 2008 Poly LVC
    March 07 - Poly LVC
    December 06 - Poly LVC
    October 05 - CR
    June 04 - Grosvenors
    March 02 - Off Site
    November 00 - CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I am having a similar problem. I have only been to Disney World once in my life (when I was 10 years old, I am now 22). But I have always been a MAJOR disney fan and longed to go to Disney again. Now I finally have the chance to go and I am beyond excited. I'm planning like crazy and talking about it constantly. My boyfriend has never been to Disney and he is less than enthused. He is going to make me happy, but he is worried that he will be bored and not enjoy himself. He seems to think that a week standing in line and seeing a giant mouse is going to be fun for my daughter but painful for him. This is SOOOOO frustrating for me. I keep telling him that he better go with an open mind and let himself have fun, because he really will enjoy it if he isn't so negative. I'm trying not to let him get me down, but I'm secretly worried that his negativity will ruin our trip.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"

Next Trip: Sept. 5-12!!!!
    Celebrating my princess's 5th birthday!

Post Thanks / Like

My husband had never been to WDW and had no interest in going until I booked a trip to take our daughter who had just turned 4. He ended up liking the fact that SHE liked it, but he never did come around. I love it, grew up in FLA, so went often, and we have gone every two year since, but he just goes b/c the family likes it. Would not have been a great choice for us as honeymoon. Of course his idea of a good honeymoon would have been a hockey game somewhere.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: