Quantcast "To go" options at the Boardwalk?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default "To go" options at the Boardwalk?

We are staying at the Boardwalk for the first time in 11 months (already counting down). I was wondering what kind of take out food options are available there? My son has far from mastered the art of sitting quietly in a restaurant and it turns into a stressful situation. Do any of the restaurants like the ESPN cafe offer a take out option that we can bring to our room? Thanks!
    Cast: ME39, DH36, DD 6, DS1
    Oct 04/Oct 05 - offsite at Westgate Vacation Villas
    May 06 - offsite at Westgate
    Aug/Sept 07 - first time on property - POFQ
    Oct 4 - Oct 13 2008 - Westgate Vacation Villas
    Oct 3 - Oct 10 2009 - off site timeshare
    May 1 - May 8 2010-Boardwalk Villas

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the Beach Club and ate at Spoodles on the Boardwalk, excellent. I would think you should be able to order TOGO at any of the restaurants, but who knows! Consider the short walk to Hurricane Hannah's - an outside counter service restaurant near the pool at Beach Club - very kid friendly, as is the diner at the Beach Club - Beaches and Cream. Enjoy
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

There is a pizza take out window just to the right side of the ESPN CLUB, sort of in between the bakery and Spoodles. Have used it many times; if your kids are up to it, you can order the pizza and sit at one of the tables outside on the Boardwalk and enjoy the night time activities. When we have done that, the kids will eat and get up and walk around and not bother anyone. Worst case, you order the pizza and you go up to your room!

Post Thanks / Like

The pizza window may well be closed by the time you travel to the Boardwalk, as the restaurant that offered it, is changing hands and will no longer be Spoodles.

There are several counter service options at the Boardwalk, including the Bakery (breakfast sandwiches, regular sandwiches and panninis), the various kiosks on the Boardwalk itself (not terribly nutritious food though and not the biggest of selections).

As Jillirose mentions, you can also go over the Beach Club where there are more CS offerings such as Hurricane Hannah's and the Beach Club Marketplace.

If you're on the DDP or the DxDP, you can order room service, but it counts as two TS credits.

Good luck! I feel your pain. After a restaurant disaster when my DS was 2-1/2, we didn't go back to a sit-down restaurant until he turned 5 (and that was at WDW).
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: