Quantcast Mickey's Backyard BBQ - Opinions Please

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Mickey's Backyard BBQ - Opinions Please

Currently, first on our wish list for our 9/20-9/27 trip, is Mickey's Backyard BBQ on Sunday evening 9/20, our day of arrival.

This one of our "let's try places we've never been" choices. Last year we tried Hoop-De-Doo for the first time, also on our arrival day, and loved it.

So, to those of you who have eaten at Mickey's Backyard BBQ, I'd appreciate your review of your experience.

Thanks!!!!
    Marker from MO

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have much positive to say about Mickey's Backyard BBQ, sorry to say...

While the HDDMR is organized, the BBQ is not. You choose your own seats with a stampede of others all vying for the "best seats."

You serve yourself food (as in buffet of sorts).

Characters can be good, but can also be unorganized.

Music & dancing help... but not enough.

One of the few places we have on the "never returning again list."

I hate to be so negative, but really, this place is not something worth the money (in my worthless opinion!)
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Mickey's BYBBQ

Frank, we appreciate everything you told us. I was thinking of going there to Mickey's BYBBQ myself, just to check it out. I already did the HDDR, which we really enjoyed. I love the adventure of going over there by boat, it's great. Keep all the info coming.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

I've done Mickey's Backyard BBQ before, and I enjoyed it. The food is pretty good, and it's fun. I will be doing it again.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent's Dad View Post
    I don't have much positive to say about Mickey's Backyard BBQ, sorry to say...

While the HDDMR is organized, the BBQ is not. You choose your own seats with a stampede of others all vying for the "best seats."

You serve yourself food (as in buffet of sorts).

Characters can be good, but can also be unorganized.

Music & dancing help... but not enough.

One of the few places we have on the "never returning again list."

I hate to be so negative, but really, this place is not something worth the money (in my worthless opinion!)
    at what time are people getting seats? it just me and DD and would like front row if possible itll be easier to keep on eye on her
    WDW-All Star Movie~Aug. 2005
    WDW-All Star Movie~Aug. 2,2009

Post Thanks / Like

Our Ratings of Mickey's BBQ:

. . . food price value: C (if on DDP = F)
    . . . food quality: C
    . . . food quantity per serving: B
    . . . food prep speed: B
    . . . food selection: C
    . . . seating quantity: C
    . . . seating comfort: D
    . . . eatery atmosphere: C
    . . . eatery convenience: B
    . . . staff friendliness: B
    . . . staff helpfulness: A
    . . . Character interaction: C

NOTE: Tables are long picnic tables of about 40 people per table, so you sit with other families. No reserved seating, so the "mad dash" for seats can be interesting. There is no "front row", just the end of the picnic tables. Folks start lining up about 1-hr prior to the 5:30pm seating. Also, characters are there for dancing and front interaction, and do not go to tables - so, sometimes there is a long line trying to get to the charcters.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

We did it one year as a "Let's try something new" also. I have to agree that the mad rush to find a table was a little disconcerting, however we did find it enjoyable.

If you wait a bit you can then go thru the buffet line quickly, it seems everyone wanted to eat as soon as the line opened. The lines were absolutely insanely long. I did love the all you can eat The all you can drink was also enjoyable.

The entertainment was good. The dancing was really crowded and there were some very pushy people trying to dance with the characters.

I'm glad we did it. Would it be something we do again, probably not.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Did it once. Didn't really care for it and won't do it again.

HDDR we do every other trip. We love that one.

Post Thanks / Like

We loved it! Here's what I wrote on another thread:

The BBQ was an absolute blast. The only character that came around to the tables when we went was Mickey and it was very quick. Our girls couldn't have cared less though, because they were in heaven dancing with the characters! The music was great and there was a man doing rope tricks for part of the show. The food was good. As BBQ food goes, it wouldn't win any awards, but it was good. It was set up buffet style so you're sure to get filled up, the drinks were open for guests, so plenty of refills. There was an open bar, beer and wine only, but that's the first time we've seen alcohol included! The best part were the ice cream cases. The girls could not believe that they could just walk up and pluck out a Mickey bar.

We got there later and had seats on the outside, but I don't think there was a bad seat in the place. We could see the band just fine and there was a dance floor right by our table that the characters would come to. Hearing that there's a "mad dash" for good seats makes me feel better about having gotten there later. We also got through the buffet line quickly, so it makes sense that someone mentioned waiting.

Post Thanks / Like

I too enjoyed it. If you know what your getting into as far as the seatting and how things work- I think you will be ok. I liked the show and the character dancing. Good luck.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: