Quantcast Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (opens March 5, 2010)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (opens March 5, 2010)

Am I the only one that didn't know Tim Burton is making a live action Alice in Wonderland?

I cannot wait! 2010 release, filming now.

Here is the IMDB link: Alice in Wonderland

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

As if Alice In Wonderland wasn't creepy enough....

I'm not much of a Burton fan, unless Johnny Depp is in his work! I feel that a string of freaky films by a quirky director doing a Disney classic is interesting. The only 3 movies of his that I liked were the least darkerst films of his career (except Sweeny Todd) Those films were...

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    Edward Scissorhands and
    Sweeny Todd

I think that Tim Burton is a GENIUS at what he does but I just don't like what he does. It is WAY too dark and morbid for my taste.
    All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them- Walt Disney

What time does the 3 o' Clock parade start?

Post Thanks / Like

Tim Burton and Alice and Wonderland? Wow, how'd we miss that? That should be great.

WDWFreak, you were all over the place. First you said you didn't like him, then you said you like Sweeney Todd, then you called him a genius. I didn't mean yo question your post to please don't take offense, it just seemed odd.

What's not to like about Tim Burton? So many classics like Pee-Wee's Big Adventure and Sleepy Hallow.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFREAK101 View Post
    The only 2 movie of his that I liked were the least darkerst films of his career. Those films were...
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and
    Edward Scissorhands
    I did however enjoy Sweeny Todd which had to have been his darkest.

I think Charlie and Edward were VERY dark, maybe not in set lighting but in content. Charlie was just plain CREEPY!

I am a big fan of Big Fish if you haven't seen it you should check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

I am SO excited for this! Alice in Wonderland is my favorite disney movie!!!!
    I wonder if Johnny Deep is playing the mad hatter!

Dec 27- Best of Both Worlds Tour, Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus with Jonas Brothers
    Mar 21- Look Me In The Eyes Tour, Jonas Brothers with Rooney
    Aug 27- Burnin' Up Tour, Jonas Brothers with Demi Lovato, The Veronicas, and BIG ROB!

march 09 SENIOR TRIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post

WDWFreak, you were all over the place. First you said you didn't like him, then you said you like Sweeney Todd, then you called him a genius. I didn't mean yo question your post to please don't take offense, it just seemed odd.
    When I said that I liked Sweeny Todd, I meant that I liked the movie, I'm still not much of a fan as other people are. When I called him a genius, he really IS a genius at what he does otherwise his movies wouldn't be successful and people wouldn't like him. I just don't like some of his stuff. I don't see how I was all over the place.

Charlie and Edward were dark but not as dark comparing to his other stuff.

Maybe I'm looking into this with farther depth but I can't relate to Beetlejuice as well as I can with say, Peter Pan. Sweeny Todd has an acceptable plot. It made sense, a person who was wrongfully accused is thrown in jail and his family is killed and he seeks out revenge. A perfect plot! It make sense, I don't like to watch a movie where creatures just come out of nowhere and then a bunch of random stuff happens.

Some people like that, I don't. He is a GENIUS at what he does otherwise his movies wouldn't be successful and people wouldn't like him. I just don't like his work as much as other people do. Remember I did like Sweeny Todd and I did enjoy Batman, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Edward Scissorhands. Yes they were all dark but not as dark as say, Corpse Bride or Beetlejuice or The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Redoing a classic Disney film with all the wonder and Imagination (Yes I know, Alice In Wonderland was a really dark story before Disney came in and made it a little more happier) and giving it to Tim Burton, he will just give us a dark, creepy land with a bunch of scary creatures which don't get me wrong, it might work. Look at Pan's Labyrinth. That film was FREAKY! But I loved it! It is a great movie but absolutly bizarre!
    Look at the innocent Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory. A CLASSIC FILM! I LOVE IT! Charlie and the chocolate factory came out and it was darker and freakier then the magical Willy Wonka. Alice In Wonderland is going to make a BUNCH of money only because of Tim Burton. I wouldn't mind this if it was happening with another director but now I find out that it is being directed by the same person who did Sweeny Todd where a barbder kills people and blood is spilled all over the floor and then bodies are sold in pies. (Which was a good movie because it made sense. It made a lot more sense then Beetlejuice where a couple dies and then a bunch of weird stuff happens.)

Redoing it with a Tim Burton twist might be good but I'm not looking forward to it unless Johnny Depp is in it. If that guy is in it then you can forget every word I just said! I'll have to make my final judgement when I see it.
    All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them- Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

First things first, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is a 19th century novel written by Lewis Carroll, NOT an original Disney creation. True, most are only familiar with the cartoon, but this is not a "remake," it's just a different adaptation. It was the same thing with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... "Willy Wonka" was a fairly non-faithful adaptation of the book that shared the name of Burton's adaptation, which also took liberties but was slightly more faithful.

Now, onto Burton. I like Burton 9 times out of 10. I didn't like Beetlejuice or Corpse Bride, but I've liked everything else. Nightmare is one of my all time favorites.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Sweeney Todd is based on a story written in the 1800's, and then of course it was made into a Broadway musical, so that can't be placed on Tim Burton's shoulders.

And Alice in Wonderland is actually a dark tale (especially if you read about Lewis Carroll) to begin with, and Through the Looking Glass is darker still. I have to admit that, while it is my favorite Disney movie w/ my favorite characters, it's really because of the book. I read the book (both parts) when I was 10 and fell in love with it. I didn't see the Disney movie until after this. So to me, AIW exists as an entity outside of the Disney realm.

I think Tim Burton will do a great job presenting another view of this classic story. I'm really looking forward to seeing it!
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

If y'all are interested in a dark retelling of the Alice stories (but not TOO TOO dark!), I suggest checking out "The Looking Glass Wars" and "Seeing Redd" by Frank Beddor. They're really good (especially the first one!) They're also supposed to be making a 3rd, and I think a 4th book as well.

Now in regard to this movie business, I have to admit I'm not a big Tim Burton fan either. I liked Big Fish which is probably the least Burton of the Burton movies. I also like Nightmare, but more for the music and the fact that it's really one of the only non-scary kid-friendly Halloween movies out there. However, I think I can see him doing Alice really well. And I agree that Johnny Depp would be a FANTASTIC mad hatter!!
    Janine
    -----------------
    Disney World: 87, 89, 92, 96-97, 99-00, 02-05, 07-14
    Disneyland: 05, 10-14
    RunDisney: 13 (Princess, Dumbo, ToT), 14 (Dopey, Tink, Glass Slipper, Dumbo, Wine & Dine, Avengers), 15 (Dopey, Rebel Challenge)
    DVC Member: 07-NOW

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alice in Wonderland

I think the Carroll novel is amazingly creative and I think Burton is a good match to direct a movie based on this novel. The casting should be interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J9 View Post
    And I agree that Johnny Depp would be a FANTASTIC mad hatter!!
    Wait, Johnny Depp will be in this? If he is in it then forget everything I just said! I LOVE JOHNNY DEPP!!!! One of my favorite actors. It doesn't surprise me if he was going to be in it anyway considering the fact that Burton and Depp made like 8 films together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFREAK101 View Post
    Wait, Johnny Depp will be in this? If he is in it then forget everything I just said! I LOVE JOHNNY DEPP!!!! One of my favorite actors. It doesn't surprise me if he was going to be in it anyway considering the fact that Burton and Depp made like 8 films together.
    Whoa, whoa! Hold on a second there, tiger!!! LOL!

We don't know who the cast is yet! We're just speculating!!! (But I agree, given their histories it wouldn't be a surprise AT ALL if Mr. Depp was in the film!)
    Janine
    -----------------
    RunDisney: 13 (Princess, Dumbo, ToT), 14 (Dopey, Tink, Glass Slipper, Dumbo, Wine & Dine, Avengers), 15 (Dopey, Rebel Challenge)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie Imagineer View Post
    I am SO excited for this! Alice in Wonderland is my favorite disney movie!!!!
    I wonder if Johnny Deep is playing the mad hatter!

sorry, I think I started a rumor that JD was actually in the movie-we don't know yet!
    Can't wait for this movie!!
    Dec 27- Best of Both Worlds Tour, Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus with Jonas Brothers
    Mar 21- Look Me In The Eyes Tour, Jonas Brothers with Rooney
    Aug 27- Burnin' Up Tour, Jonas Brothers with Demi Lovato, The Veronicas, and BIG ROB!

march 09 SENIOR TRIP

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait for this!!
    --- Brittany

Disneyland annual pass since 1994, but I've never been to Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

I'm kind of eh on Tim Burton's style (don't love it, don't hate it), but Alice seems perfect for him. Should be interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait either! Love most Tim Burton movies (haven't seen them all, but have liked what I have seen) and Alice!
    5/04 - Caribbean Beach
    5/05 - Caribbean Beach
    11/06 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Honeymoon)
    6/07 - Caribbean Beach
    10/08 - SSR (for DS's 1st B-day)

DVC Owners @ AKV as of 4/08
    Next Trip: 6/09 - SWW!

Post Thanks / Like

FYI "Confirmed" today by Ain't It Cool Movie News...

Johnny Depp = Mad Hatter

Just thought you all might like to know!
    Janine
    -----------------

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait!!! I love Alice in Wonderland and just loved the Grand Floridian because of it.
    TINKinTXTINKinTX

'04 Beach Club
    '06 Grand Floridian
    '08 Timeshare

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting this. I really like Tim Burton and this sounds like a great project for him. I can't wait!!
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Let me just say, I CANNOT WAIT!!!! Tim Burton and Danny Elfman... Johnny Depp as Mad Hatter... This is going to be huge...

Check out this link for some Alice art...

Burton's Wonderland
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: