Quantcast Disney/DVC Customer Service - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: How do you view Disney's customer service

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disney provides Exceptional Customer Service

44 69.84%
  • Disney provides service about the same as everyone else does

16 25.40%
  • Disney provides mediocre/poor customer service

3 4.76%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Priority Four View Post
    While i certainly believe ya'll have had problems, its hard for me to imagine.
    I understand why you feel that way. Obviously, most people do.

Rather than you being lucky, maybe I'm just unlucky ... I dunno.

But I can tell you that I've had no less than four instances in the last five years that have been so horrible it's prompted me to write to the CEO of the company.

And I'm not talking just "not up to Disney standards" kinda stuff. I'm talking, "Not up to Motel 6 standards ... Not up to Wal-Mart standards ... "
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Rather than you being lucky, maybe I'm just unlucky ... I dunno.

I guess I am right with you in the unlucky bunch

Actually I was thinking about this and I average about 2 or 3 trips a year to WDW. I just think by going so often doesn't burn me out on WDW but just gives me more oppurtunity to notice more of the decline. I think it ups my odds in running into a rude or unhelpful CM. I also feel that since I know routine and how things should be done it really stands when then they aren't doing something right.
    A good example of this was on my recent trip when I was trying to explain to bell services that I wanted the bags I was leaving with them delivered to my room when my Magical Express bags arrived. Now this is something I have done since I began using DME and this CM had no clue what I was asking and couldn't or should I say wouldn't perfom this simple task.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Some WDW employees are still doing a lot of the little things that got them their reputation for excellent customer service such as replacing the Mickey Bar for a child (or adult) that accidently drops it. Some still go out of their way to make it right when something big goes wrong.

The problem is that a growing number of employees are as bad, if not worse, than even a bad Wal-Mart employee. For example, the check-in clerk we had that loudly proclaimed our credit card was "NO GOOD", only to find out she was trying to put our Visa card thru as a Diner's Club card. When I insisted that it was valid she reluctantly got her supervisor, who quickly figured out the problem. Never got so much as a half hearted apology from either of them.

I think the good experiences still outweigh the bad, but if we don't take off our Mickey colored glasses and start insisting on the level of service we are paying for things will continue to go downhill.

Why would people complain about a screwed-up order at McDonald's that cost $10, but be willing to accept poor service on their WDW vacation that costs thousands of $$$?

I just don't get it...
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    A good example of this was on my recent trip when I was trying to explain to bell services that I wanted the bags I was leaving with them delivered to my room when my Magical Express bags arrived. Now this is something I have done since I began using DME and this CM had no clue what I was asking and couldn't or should I say wouldn't perfom this simple task.
    Actually, from conversation I had recently, the DME people are different than the bell services folks, or that's what I was told. This would explain why they deliver them differently.

I had DME bags delivered seperately from my carry-on bags left with bell services delivered seperately from my grocery delivery. I had to be there for two out of the three, probably becuase they wanted a tip. But that's more speculation...

This goes back to, I don't really care WHO does it, but it's not me, and since I'm staying at a Disney property, I think it's safe to assume it's "Disney" that's doing it. It should be seamless, however it's not.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess my family and I are also in the "lucky" category.

We've been going to disney at least yearly since 1994. Became DVC members in 2002 and then started taking more than 1 yearly trip.

We have never encountered rude CM's. In fact they seem as pleasant as ever.

My husband and I took a weekend trip last September and stayed at the BCV. Out flight arrived late and we didn't get to the resort until 11:00pm. When we were told that it would be a few minutes for our room to be ready, I nearly started crying.

But we were in our room within 10 minutes. The next day, the manager sent us a chocolate treasure chest filled with expensive chocolates surrounded by chocolate-covered strawberries.

The attached card(with ballon!!) stated that management was sorry for any inconvience they may have caused us the night before.

Just a small example of why we think disney service is excellent.
    November 2009- Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani
    May 2009- Old Key West
    November 2008- Old Key West
    September 2008- Beach Club
    October 2007- Saratoga Springs
    July 2006- Old Key West
    October 2005- Old Key West
    August 2004- Old Key West
    May 2003- Boardwalk
    October 2002- Old Key West

Post Thanks / Like

I only joined last year and have yet to see /sample what the DVC experience holds until later Dec . However Disneys staff and service overall cant be beaten compared to the other parks such as Busch Gardens , Universal ...

I know people will have stories of rude cast members ( myself included to which you will always get one bad apple ) but overall Disney is way ahead of everyone
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: