Quantcast snacks for diabetics

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default snacks for diabetics

What kind of snacks is out there for diabetics. My mom will be with my family DH and kids next month for our vacation(7 days). She is a diabetic. I am worried about that she will not be able to find things on the snack credits.(free dining plan )
    Any sugestions?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Fresh fruit
    popcorn
    soft pretzels
    frozen choc covered banana (I don't know sugar count but you can check it out)
    frozen fruit bar (also from the ice cream carts)
    sugar free choc brownie (I believe I saw them at CS venues)

If you haven't already - call your ADR restaurants ahead of time and ask if the chef can suggest something or even if s/he can prepare something especially for your DM.

Have a fantastic (and tasty) trip!

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on if she's type-1 or type-2. If she uses insulin to control her diabetes then she can eat most things as long as she knows the carbs. While that info can be difficult to come by in WDW, many of the packaged snacks (like Mickey Bars) do have the carb info on the packaging. If she's controlling it with diet that can be much, much tougher. PM me for some resources.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

When I took my dad who is diabetic a couple years ago we had no problem finding things for him to eat at the restaurants and for snacks. Some of the snack carts even had sugar free ice cream.
    KSS

Post Thanks / Like

Default snacks for diabetics

With this information I feel more comfortable about her going with us. She controls her diabetes by diet and pills.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Snacks for diabetics

Both DH and DD are diabetic. We have been going to WDW for several years now without any problems finding snacks. What we keep in mind is the heat and the amount of walking or exercise we / they do while we are there. Most often an ice cream snack or ice cream bar are good for them to keep their blood sugar at a number we are comfortable with. They seem to have to take less insulin due to burning off the sugar while we are there.

Post Thanks / Like

Every quick service/ counter service food area has a diabetic dessert offering. Because the meals are more than enough food, we often collected our desserts and packed them in our bag. We used them later as snacks. My mom's favorite was the sugar free brownie. It packed well too!!! All the seated dining has diabetic desserts also. www.allears.net has a section to access all the menus, including kiosk offerings.
    -------------Kim

Post Thanks / Like

They actually had sugar free fudge in Germany-
    it was very good, i could not tell the difference.
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

We use our snack credits for the $4 large waters in the resort gift shop.
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR
    DL 1971 to now - too many times to count, DL AP holder & Disney stockholder

Post Thanks / Like

I know the Biergarten has a sugar free cheesecake for desert you might be able to get a piece at the QS counter. You can always ask.

It was very good too. My mom & I both agreed that it tasted like the one we make @ home that isn't sugar free. The waitress even asked my father if he wanted a 2nd piece but he was full though.

There is also a place in the animal kingdom that you can get a sugar free smoothie.
    Just got back. Unless we win the lottery or some long lost rich relative leaves me a bunch of money we won't be back for 5 years.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: