Quantcast Dine with an Imagineer

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dine with an Imagineer

Has anyone done this? My dd (13) really would like to be an animator and I thought this might be a special treat for her. Any thoughts? It's very expensive and I'm not sure it would be worth $120, especially if we didn't get someone who could really talk art.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Doing it in October... Read some online reviews and everyone who has done it loved it.. I can't wait!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

We are doing this in a couple weeks for the honeymoon! Can't wait! I love the Brown Derby anyways, so the combo will work wonderfully!
    Jan. 99 AllStar Music ;Jun 01 AllStar Sports; Jul 2003 Dolphin;May. 04 -AllStar Movies, Jan 07 Wilderness Lodge; Jun 2007 Pop Century; Jan 2008 Port Orleans Riverside; Aug 08 Pop Century; Jun 09 Saratoga Springs, Aug 09 Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 10 Boardwalk; Oct 10 Saratoga Springs

Post Thanks / Like

I did this last year with my DS. We loved it. The imagineer was very interactive with my son, even though it would have been easy for him to be brushed aside by all the adults asking questions. Food at the Brown Derby was a little "froo froo" for my taste, but the experience was well worth it.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

This is one experience I really want to try.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

1) You do not know the person or their specialty until the meal.
    2) You can get
    . . . ride designers
    . . . park designers
    . . . animators
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Does everyone think this will be fun for a 13 yr. old? What types of things did you discuss?

Post Thanks / Like

we went in December. Our imagineer was the art director for MK....
    it was very laid back...
    the food was good. a soup, cobb salad (awesome), then the entree. and for desert i had the grapefruit cake... it was so good.
    there was about 10 people there..we toured the brown derby and then went to a back dining room to eat and meet him. like i said very laid back. we started by everybody introducing themselves, telling a little abouit themselves, and then a little about why we love disney...after that he just opened it up for questions... you could ask anything, but wouldn't answer everything..he was very strait forward...you could tell he really enjoyed doing these lunches...when he answered it he would lean back, and you could tell he thought about his answers so taht you got thte best answer possible. sometimes he would be strait forward and tell you he couldn't answer a certain question. everynow and then he would ask a question to the group, like what's your favorite ride. or what would you change...he told some great stories about behind the scenes stuff...he then autographed a clear plate. each autograph was personalized w/ a disney saying...
    all in all it took about 2 1/2 hours....so you're not short changed at all.

as for your 13 year old...yes, i think she'd like it. if she loves disney, she will love the stories...you might try to come up w/ some questions she might like to know. it's very interactive. we talk as much as he does.

do it...it's so worth the money.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! This is exactly what I wanted to know. I think she would love it!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: