Quantcast WDW Raises Ticket Prices effective August 2nd

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy WDW Raises Ticket Prices effective August 2nd

Disney World raises ticket prices; one-day pass up 5.3% to $79, from $75
    By Jason Garcia

Sentinel Staff Writer

4:31 PM EDT, July 31, 2009

Even as it tries to lure recession-saddled consumers with deep discounts on hotel rooms and food, Walt Disney World is raising the price of its theme-park admissions to new heights.

Beginning Sunday, Disney will increase the base price of a one-day, one-park ticket to $79 -- up $4 or 5.3 percent. The price of a similar ticket for a child between the ages of 3 and 9 will climb $5, or 7.9 percent, to $68.

Prices for the resort's more popular multi-day ticket packages will also rise, climbing between 2.5 percent and 4.7 percent. In keeping with Disney's strategy of driving guests toward extra days in its parks -- rather than those operated by rivals Universal Orlando or SeaWorld Orlando -- the smallest increases are reserved for tickets good for four or more days.

What's more, Disney will raise the price to add a "Park Hopper" feature to any ticket -- which allows a customer to visit multiple Disney parks in one day -- to $52, up from $50. The price of adding a "Water Park Fun & More" feature, which allows admission to secondary venues such as water parks and DisneyQuest, will also rise to $52 from $50.

Disney spokeswoman Kim Prunty said the resort is confident guests will accept the increases. Disney last raised its admission prices in August 2008.

"We survey our guests regularly and, in our research, nearly 9 out of 10 guests rate the value of our theme parks as good, very good or excellent," Prunty said. "Our pricing is based on the high quality of experience we deliver to our guests, and our guests continue to agree that a ticket to Walt Disney World represents a great entertainment value."

Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder at what price point guest will stop accepting price increases? Personally, I don't plan on ever spending $75 for one day in the parks.

I agree, it's
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

If you are paying for a package now will it make the prices go up on it too?
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

This should keep the riff-raff out.

But seriously, when I think of how much 'tickets' to WDW were when we first started going, I am amazed. I've never graphed it, but I have to believe it outpaces inflation big-time.

For the past 4 years, we have not paid, due to DD's psuedo-employment status (college rep for WDWCP). She is no longer doing that, so now we will have to pay - and how! Crud.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Springs View Post
    But seriously, when I think of how much 'tickets' to WDW were when we first started going, I am amazed. I've never graphed it, but I have to believe it outpaces inflation big-time.
    Well in 2000 an adult one-day pass was $46. This year it's going to be $79, which represents an increase of 73% over 9 years or 8.11% per year.

Inflation is typically forecast at around 2% annually so heck yeah ... they've outpaced inflation big time.

I think once again they're misinterpreting their guest surveys ... "good value" doesn't mean "please raise prices!"
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TiggTigg5 View Post
    "We survey our guests regularly and, in our research, nearly 9 out of 10 guests rate the value of our theme parks as good, very good or excellent," Prunty said. "Our pricing is based on the high quality of experience we deliver to our guests, and our guests continue to agree that a ticket to Walt Disney World represents a great entertainment value."
    Not on any survey I've taken!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bethis26fan View Post
    If you are paying for a package now will it make the prices go up on it too?
    These increase do not affect you if you have already bought your tickets.

A single day pass is going up 5.3% or exactly $4. Depending on the length of stay, multiday passes are increasing 2.6%-4.7%, the longer the stay the lower the %. So, for example, a 7 day pass increases by approximately $7 or $1 per day. Not exactly back breaking. Really, the price increases are pretty modest. I had expected nearer double digits.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Inflation is typically forecast at around 2% annually so heck yeah ... they've outpaced inflation big time.
    Well, that logic would work if inflation was the only factor in the equation. But, the pricing will also depend on how much the various union contracts are increasing, increases from suppliers, maintenance costs etc. etc. There's a lot more that goes into setting price than just inflation.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

We all knew prices were going to go up... This happens every year... And everyone complains... And everyone who complains still goes... So, why complain??? just stop going, ya know??
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    We all knew prices were going to go up... This happens every year... And everyone complains... And everyone who complains still goes... So, why complain??? just stop going, ya know??
    As a matter of fact, we won't be renewing half our family's season passes this year. And I refuse to pay for anything less than a pass, so my wallet is doing the talking.

As for complaining, I'll do it whether I go or not because I just don't like the increases!
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

I get room only reservations with triple AAA dicount and buy our tickets when we get there. I called Kathy at Magical Journeys today and told her to go ahead and charge the tickets now so we could avoid the ticket increase although I didn't want to charge them until we got there in Oct. Oh well

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

We all knew this was coming not saying I am happy about it Just glad I updated to an AP in June The only way we will see ticket prices drop for anything is if people stop going. I tell people the same thing when they complain about sporting events and concerts. Ticket prices keep going up because people keep paying the increased prices. Watch how fast ticket prices would drop at baseball games if only 10% of the stadium was full. You would see all kinds of deals and discounts for the tickets. Most places do not make their money from ticket sales they make their money from concessions.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm I never knew, "Yes, I am having fun here." Was taken to mean, "Please charge me more!"

Glad to see Disney is thinking about the little guys and the bad economy and all...

Post Thanks / Like

I read that renewals on AP's will now be good for 15 months. Has anyone else heard the same? That would certainly make up for the increase.

dizneefan67 Guest

Default My 2 Cents Worth...

I agree with most if not all the posts...we all knew that a ticket raise would most probably be forthcoming, but in the back of my mind I was thinking that the prices would stay the same! Boy, that was wishful thinking! On the other hand, being a former Cast Member, as a CM I would be POed when WDW raises ticket prices but hardly ever raises the minimum wage for CM's. For an example, if Epcot holds 10,000 people and say about 75% of them pay an adlt price of $79.88(2009), that would mean a profit of about $106,559.95 PER DAY!/$3,196,797.60 PER MONTH! And this is just for ONE park, imagine the total for all four parks, then add the extra revenue outside of the parks! So where is the logic in paying CM's less than $7 an hour? You would hink that working for Disney would be a decent living, but it was hard living with roommates to even exist! I would hate to see how it was for those living alone and devoting their time and talents to the DREAM JOB they alwas wanted!
    I am not complaining but just a little inside info on tinking about where all the money is going to! I thought Disney was at the top of the cap for ticket prices? If so how can the charge any more!?

BUT I STILL LOVE DISNEY! AND IT WAS MY DREAM JOB I WISH I WAS STILL THERE! DESPITE THE MONETARY ASPECT!

Will

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    As a matter of fact, we won't be renewing half our family's season passes this year. And I refuse to pay for anything less than a pass, so my wallet is doing the talking.

As for complaining, I'll do it whether I go or not because I just don't like the increases!
    Not buying speaks louder than coming online and complaining

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck1117 View Post
    Hmm I never knew, "Yes, I am having fun here." Was taken to mean, "Please charge me more!"

Glad to see Disney is thinking about the little guys and the bad economy and all...
    again, don't go anymore...

What are you all going to say when Universal and Sea World follow suit... They always do...

Post Thanks / Like

Not buying speaks louder than coming online and complaining
    Yeah, but this is a DISCUSSION forum, complaining about it provides some relief from the annoyance. While most everybody agrees that it stinks, most of us will still make plans within the year to pay the mouse and return for our "fix".

It will be interesting to see where they stand in a year from now. Having just reported a 26% drop, I really have to wonder if raising prices during the worst economy in decades sends a positive message to their intended guests. If profits are still down in a year will they retreat, or just raise prices again?
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

So, why complain??? just stop going, ya know??
    I will not be as those who spend the day in complaining of headache, and the night in drinking the wine that gives it. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

first, no one here no matter how hard we complain will stop going and they know that.

second, at the beginning of the year they said that prices wouldn't be raised this year because of the economy. Did anyone really believe that?

Third, maybe they should include on their survey a question asking guests if they thought raising their prices each year has an effect on them or if they like it, or love it.

I guess I might be tempted if asked to take their survey to tell them no and to tell them the reason is that the survey is skeewed to make it seem like everyone wants to raise the ticket prices and for nothing more.

We must always also remember that each and every first sunday in august will always be known as Black Sunday in Disney.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: