Quantcast Moms Panel accepting applications

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Moms Panel accepting applications

Hello fellow Intercotees: for those interested, just wanted to let you know that the Disney Moms Panel will be accepting applications next month for new members.

I'm sure it will be announced to Mickey Moms Club members and other avenues, and if interested, I can post here once the application process is open.

Good luck to everyone who applies!
    Proud mom to Monorail_Red and goofhook and DD Jenn!
    Proud member of the magical Disney Parks Moms Panel family.

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Can't believe it's that time again ... so tell us LottaLubes, how has the experience of serving on the Mickey Mom's Club been?
    Any words of inspiration for those of us who will try out for a spot next month?
    Journey into your...LegoŽ Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I'm a member of the Mickey Moms Club but serving on the Disney Moms Panel. But the journey has been incredible! It's been way more than I ever anticipated and it started from the moment I was selected and continues every day. One of my personal highlights happened during our training trip last December when panelist Cathy was selected to stay in Cinderella suite. She was super generous and selected 5 additional names out of a hat and I was one of them. What better place to have a slumber party with friends you've just met? LOL

Probably the best part of the entire experience is the people I've met...especially my fellow panelists. We are in touch daily and we do feel like a happy family together.

In addition to the training trip, there are PR opportunities where Moms will be flown down for a mini PR trip. The Disney leaders are very good about roatating the Moms (and Dad!) in and out so everyone eventually gets a turn.

And of course you all know there is a reward trip involved, I will be taking mine in December and I've decided to stay at the Grand Floridian.

I think if you are interested in this opportunity you should apply! What do you have to lose? I do know what it's like to apply and not be selected as this happened to me the first time around. Made it to the top 26...but it wasn't good enough. Things happen for a reason.

As far as advice, just be yourself. Don't try and write what you think Disney wants you to write, they are looking for applications that stand out. I can remember when I applied last year I was trying to answer one of the questions so perfectly. But my first two ideas that I thought they'd like didn't fit nicely into 100 words. So I basically gave up and just typed from the heart and I think that helps.

Anyway, wishing you all the best of luck! Diane L

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.

Post Thanks / Like

Diane,

Thanks for the advice & incite - the Mom's Panel sounds like a wonderful opportunity! I'm planning to "throw my hat in the ring" this year for a third time, hey - you never know!
    Journey into your...LegoŽ Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

Please let us know when it is open.
    Trish

Next Trip Jan 2015 1 night POR, then BWV renting points
    Sept 2013 BWV renting points
    Nov 2012 BWV renting points for my big 4-0
    Sept 2011 BWV renting points
    Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update! I am looking forward to applying again!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

I think that its great that you had a great experience with it...I want to try again but I have not ever gone anywhere with it after the application part of it...Are you able to do it again or do they leave it for new Moms every year?
    Amy
    80 Camping şoş
    89 Offsite şoş
    05 ASM şoş
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR şoş

Post Thanks / Like

I've never even heard of this, but I'm very intrigued...!

I'm a MOM and I love DISNEY; would anyone mind telling me a bit more about this interesting club? THANKS so much!

-Sarah

Post Thanks / Like

How do you apply for the panel? I would love the opportunity. Thanks
    Never underestimate the power of pixie dust!!

Post Thanks / Like

Got an email from the Mickey Mom's Club today about the Illuminations Party on the 23rd. Sure wish they hadn't waited so long to put this out. We are going to be down there on the 23rd but have dinner reservations at MK that night. Bummer! If we had known before making our ADRs we might have been able to arrange this. I would love to attend and meet others in this group.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Is the Moms Club the same as the Moms Panel that answers questions, or are they two different things? Is there a link to join? Thanks!

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    Is the Moms Club the same as the Moms Panel that answers questions, or are they two different things? Is there a link to join? Thanks!
    The Moms Club consists of those who were not selected to be on the Moms Panel. I believe that it is all those who made it past the first round of the application process.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    Got an email from the Mickey Mom's Club today about the Illuminations Party on the 23rd. Sure wish they hadn't waited so long to put this out. We are going to be down there on the 23rd but have dinner reservations at MK that night. Bummer! If we had known before making our ADRs we might have been able to arrange this. I would love to attend and meet others in this group.
    I got the invite too! I am lucky as I happened to have booked an early BOMA dinner that night and we were at AK that day so we do happen to have the night open after dinner and we can attend. How cool! Something for free at Disney... that doesn't happen very often (besides the magic, of course)!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    The Moms Club consists of those who were not selected to be on the Moms Panel. I believe that it is all those who made it past the first round of the application process.
    Thanks! How will I know when they're accepting applications? Is there a site I can keep checking?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LandFan View Post
    I got the invite too! I am lucky as I happened to have booked an early BOMA dinner that night and we were at AK that day so we do happen to have the night open after dinner and we can attend. How cool! Something for free at Disney... that doesn't happen very often (besides the magic, of course)!
    I went online to RSVP today and it said the site was no longer taking submissions. It was supposed to be good through Aug. 16th. Guess they filled up quickly. I was going to decline because of our other plans but was going to tell them why and hope that if they do this again, they give a little more notice since most people have already planned everything this close to the date. Still sad we can't go.

August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone...sorry - I haven't been near a computer too much over the last couple of days.

Just to clarify - the Mickey Moms Club is for anyone who applies to be on the Moms Panel (whether you make it or not). It does seem like the party filled up quickly and I will share feedback that you would like to see this happen again.

Second - the date has not yet been announced on when applications will be accepted. All we were told is 'next month' so hopefully more news will be coming out soon. I believe there will be a link off of the Moms Panel site, similar to last year. Just to be safe, I will post back here when the application process opens just to be sure everyone knows.

Good luck! Diane L

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! The party must have really been limited in number because I find it hard to believe that many people were going to be down there that particular week and didn't already have plans for dinner, etc. in that time frame. Maybe I'm wrong. But if they have something like this again, it would be nice to have a little heads up before so plans can be changed if we want. I would love to meet some of the members. Looking forward to applying again for the panel.

August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Diane,
    Thanks so much for the information. I am really excited, and nervous, about applying again. Good luck to everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Diane!!! I would love to apply for this! I always seem to just miss the application date! I guess September is a little busy.
    ~~Allison~~ °O°
    Snarky will miss VMK!!!

Happy DVC BWV owner since 1998!!
    PoTC: Rusty Saber, a Proud Seafury!

Post Thanks / Like

More info can be found here...good luck everyone!

www.disneyworldmoms.com/2010

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: