Quantcast So much to do…and so many to do it with! Pre-Trip report

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Cool So much to do…and so many to do it with! Pre-Trip report

CAST: Me (Jennifer), DH (Brian aka CanadianWDWFan), DS11 (Harry) and DS5 (Euan)

WDW holiday Saturday August 22 to Saturday September 5, 2009 (Pop, Boardwalk, Old Key West)

We’ll be driving from my office in downtown Toronto to WDW in two weeks time. Our goal is to leave downtown at about 2:30pm and go a little further than 1/3 of the way down, which we estimate will get us into South Carolina by about 9 or so. We will then get up early on Saturday morning, and complete our journey to the World – and hope to check into Pop by about 8. Our children are fabulous travelers, especially when they see the prize at the end, so along with some DVD’s , CD’s, Gameboys and books, we anticipate a decent voyage south to the land of the Mouse.

We will be staying only one night at Pop, and are hoping to meet up with some friends who will have checked in there earlier in the day. Our goal is to get up on Sunday, leave our luggage with Bell Services to transfer to the Boardwalk, and head off for some quality time at MK, after picking up our AP’s at Will Call. Later in the day, we will go over to the Boardwalk to check into our 2 Bedroom Villa overlooking the Boardwalk. This is our first ever DVC stay (although we stayed at the BWI a couple of years ago), so we pulled out all the stops! This vacation is a little bittersweet, as our original plan was for my parents to join us for this first part of our stay (hence the 2 bedrooms), but my dear mother passed away at the end of October. However, my dad will still be flying down, and staying with us from Sunday night through to Friday morning. Other than checking into the Boardwalk on Sunday (and picking Dad up from the airport of course), our only other hope for the day is to spend some time with our friends, and to hopefully see Spectromagic!

We have some more friends flying down from Brooklyn on Monday, and they will be staying at the Boardwalk too… and we have other friends who have recently relocated to the Disney area, and we are hoping to spend time with them as well….Lots and lots of giggles and hugs and fun for sure!

During our first week at WDW, Harry and Brian will be doing the AquaSeas tour at Epcot in the Living Seas. This is another first for our family...They will be snorkeling in the fishtank, and they are both quite excited about it! Brian will be doing DiveQuest the following week (Harry is not certified), and although he has done this dive in the past, he is really looking forward to going again, and waving to the boys through the glass!

The boys have a to-do list for their Grampy which is quite simple; Lunch in the Castle, Breakfast at Chef Mickey’s and Dinner at ‘Ohana. They also want to get him on Everest, Rockin’Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, Splash and Mission Space.

On Friday, my dad heads home, and we will be checking out of the Boardwalk, and transferring over to Old Key West for the balance of our holiday. OKW is another first for us, and we are really looking forward to our stay here. The Florida feel to it is quite appealing in contrast to the hustle and bustle of the parks!

On Saturday , we will be meeting up with all of our friends at the Garden Grill for a farewell dinner. They will be returning to their homes on Sunday, and we will stay on for another week. We love the Garden Grill, but have only done lunch in the past, so this is another first!

We have a couple of new dining reservations during our second week; Olivia’s, Jiko, Chefs de France, and The Wave, as well as a couple of old stand bys; The Brown Derby and Teppan Edo. We will also be attending the first night of Mickey’s Not So Scary Hallowe’en Party on Friday night. Euan is the only one planning on dressing up this year, as Indiana Jones (Harry is 11 and “too cool”, and we aren’t organized enough for it this time). We love the party, and are looking forward to seeing the parade and Hallowishes again! Then on Saturday, it is time to pack up for our return home. We plan on getting home on Sunday, and then we’ll have Labour Day to recuperate before the boys head back to school on the 8th of September.

We haven’t been to WDW since March ’08, and are really Jonesing for this visit. We went to Disneyland last year, which was fun, but we have really missed our time at the World! Just a few more sleepies!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am on board to hear all about the wonderful trip you have planned. We are off to WDW on September 10-19th and staying at POP. I have got to get my pre trip report done, it will be my first. Have a wonderful, safe, and happy trip, looking forward to reading all about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to hear all about your trip! Looks like you have a nice, long trip planned with lots of friends and family joining in the fun!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Jenn, I love all the extra stuff you have booked and can't wait to see pics of so much of it!

The cool thing does get in the way but as long as they come with us its ok right?
    I'm waiting to hear all about it!! (Ok and be there for some)
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

We live outside of Buffalo Ny, how will you make it to South Carolina in 6 1/2 hours? Which way are you going?

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you have a wonderful trip! Looking forward to the reports
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by betteratmk View Post
    We live outside of Buffalo Ny, how will you make it to South Carolina in 6 1/2 hours? Which way are you going?
    It was a typo, we mean to hit WV before stopping for the night.

We are heading down the I-79/I-77 Route after passing through Buffalo.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Wow lots of friends to visit with and a wonderful time with your dad. I hope all goes well and wish you lots of magic. We too will be at the first MNSSHP- there are nine of us going and we will be dressing up as Snow White, 7 dwarfs and my DS6 will be prince charming. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to read the reports.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! So many great things planned! I can't wait to read all about it.
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so excited for your trip!!!!!!

Do tell more about the garden grill farewell dinner- does one hafta be LEAVING in order to attend?

(just kidding)
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Jenn, I'm so excited for you guys!! Your trip sounds awesome, I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back, and see pics of course!! I especially want to hear about the AquaSeas tour, as we're considering it for Julia and I. That sounds SO cool!! I hope you guys have just the BEST time, you deserve it!! (and we'll miss being with you all!! )
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like its going to be a wonderful vacation!! lots of time at disney and lots of guests to visit and spend time with..i hope you all have a great time..and i cant wait to read all about when you get back!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time planned Jenn! If you happen to drive thru Ohio at all and stop at that Timmy's in Monroe.. call me.. I'm only a hop and a skip from there!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianWDWFan View Post
    It was a typo, we mean to hit WV before stopping for the night.

We are heading down the I-79/I-77 Route after passing through Buffalo.
    So does this mean Jenn's not navigating?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    So does this mean Jenn's not navigating?
    I am. You stay out of it. ... Don't know why I wrote South Carolina....Wishful thinking perhaps?!

Thanks for the well wishes folks!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great time.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

I am so excited for your trip (and ours ). All I can say is: "Is it time yet??"
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Ellen wouldn't the correct phrase be "are we there yet?"
    Just a thought.

Seriously I'm hoping you have a wonderful vacation you've earned it.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great time. DH and DS17 (16 at the time) did the Aqua Seas Tour and loved it. DS said he wants to go back just to do that. But he has this thing called school that he needs to go to as he is a senior this year and can't be missing any days for a vacation.
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a Great time!! Have fun!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: