Quantcast Beach Club Babe's Gotta Getaway Part III

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beach Club Babe's Gotta Getaway Part III

Emily had wanted desperately to go in the pool last night, but we had to keep her new princess hair in tact for the last of her surprises. It was breakfast with the princesses in Norway. So it was off to Epcot for us this morning. I had made this ADR well before Rose and Theresa had decided to join us, and I could not get another ADR to include them, but they said they didn't mind. Couple that with the fact that Rose was having trouble making it from the bus stop to the parks and the bus stop to the room. It seems that renting the ECV in the parks was not going to work for her this time. She decided to rent an ECV for the rest of the week from K&M rentals. They would be bringing it to Pop Century this morning for her. So that sort of coincided with our plans, so all was well.

As for the rest of us, we were up early with Emily's hair still in perfect tact and her Aurora dress on. She still had no idea. Our ADR was for 10:30, so we had time for another ride on Spaceship Earth. No matter how many times I ride it, the sound of Judi Dench still grates on my nerves, I'll never warm to this. Next we hopped over to Mousegears to get Emily some shoes to match her dress. Sneakers or crocs just would not do for such an occasion. While I was purchasing the shoes, Courtney hopped over and picked up Fastpasses for Test Track for later. Afterwards, we didn't really have enough time to see any more attractions, but we were still a bit early for our ADR's. We walked over as slowly as we could, checked in, and waited just inside the doorway of The Puffin's Roost to keep out of the heat. Other families soon joined us, so it was a relief when they called our name.

I said to Emily, "Here's the rest of your surprise, breakfast." To which she responded, "you've got to be kidding me, breakfast, BREAKFAST, what a stupid surprise!" I had a good laugh at the look on her face, which was soon replaced by a whole other look as we entered and she saw Belle in her yellow dress waiting for us to take pictures! She was so excited. We have not had an ADR with Princesses in a very long time, I'm not sure if she would even remember that. We were seated right near where the princesses made their grand entrances, so we were the 2nd ones to get pics. First came Aurora, yay! She was especially excited to see her. Next was Snow White, who's voice was so high, we couldn't understand a word she said. Cinderella was up next and rounding out them all was Ariel, who we had never seen in a dress. This was our 2nd time at this princess breakfast, the first coming way back when they first started it here at Akershus. This time was a much better food experience, although still way overpriced imho. All in all worth it for Emily, but not something that must be done every time.

After breakfast, we boarded the Maelstrom since we were there after all. Emily of course, wanted to ride Gran Fiesta Tour, but we decided to save that for later. Instead, we made our way back to Future World and rode Figment. Just after we had disembarked, Rose called, and she and Theresa had just arrived. I told her we would meet her by the dancing fountain. Actually, I sent courtney up to collect them, and she brought them to us, so we could visit with Nemo and Friends. After the ride, of course Emily wanted to do some fish watching, so everyone but Rose, Ron, and Ashleigh headed upstairs to the viewing tanks. the dolphins were especially playful today, as well as the sea turtle. I've never seen a sea turtle play around so much, not even Crush! We had a great time watching. As we moved to the other tanks, we spy some scuba divers,but the 3rd one was no ordinary diver, it was Mickey Mouse! Everyone gathered around to watch and Mickey swam up to the window to wave. He took notice of Hallie sleeping in my arms, and made a rocking motion, followed by a coochie coo motion, and when he realized she was indeed asleep, he held his finger up to shush everyone around. It was all very sweet.

From there it was on to use our fp's from earlier. Ron, Matt, Em, and I rode first, followed by the others using the rider switch and remaining fp's. I took Hallie to the BCC, and the rest met me there when they were finished. Just then the clouds opened up and we were stuck there until it subsided. We were due to eat at the Hollywood Brown Derby, but we were still too full from breakfast. Instead, we headed back to the room for a break and a change of plans.
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Emily's initial reaction to the rest of her surprise was too funny!

Very nice start to your day!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I love the reaction to breakfast, that is something my DD would do too!

Glad you enjoyed it though, we much prefer it to CRT
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so happy to be reading your reports. How neat to see Mickey in the tank. And he provided a great story for you to tell Hallie when she is older! Looking forward to hearing more!
    Sandy G.

First Vacation Trip-DXL, August, 2000
    Last Trip-Yacht Club December 2017
    Next Up-The Swan December 2018
    Many In Between

Post Thanks / Like

Waiting for more Heather!

Post Thanks / Like

I got a good chuckle out of Emily's reaction to her 3rd surprise. Sounds like a great day so far.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

What a great surprise visit from Mickey!
    Hopefully, someone was able to snap a few photos! Looking forward to your next installment.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

That must have been so sweet to see Mickey swimming with the fishes, um, so to speak.
    Off to read more.
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

We too are trying Akershush this trip around. Mainly to eat with the princesses. Hope we enjoy it as much as Emily. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

what a great day! lol..her reaction to her surprise is too funny..but glad she ended up enjoying herself!!
    that is sooo awesome you got to see mickey scuba diving!!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reporting.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

we saw mickey in the tank last year- that is a fun experience
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet little Hallie being touched by the Disney Magic!

Princess Emily had a good day too!

Thanks for sharing Heather! As usual your crew is having a great time!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Emily's reaction to breakfast would have made a great youtube video. I agree with you about Spaceship Earth. Bring Back Walter Cronkite or Jeremy Irons!
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone gathered around to watch and Mickey swam up to the window to wave. He took notice of Hallie sleeping in my arms, and made a rocking motion, followed by a coochie coo motion, and when he realized she was indeed asleep, he held his finger up to shush everyone around. It was all very sweet.
    Awwwww - what a wonderful memory of Mickey and Hallie's first meeting!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: