Quantcast Uk Premier League Thread ( Soccer ) - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Post Thanks / Like

Important for Spurs to get that 4th place. Even more important for them to get through the qualifier and into the CL proper.

Always difficult for me to see Chelsea winning the title.

However it was a great season and I expect next season to be even better.

Man City owners will demand a top four place and will spend whatever to achieve that. Chelsea will consolidate but I feel Man U will go into decline much like Liverpool have this season. As for Liverpool, the future does not look good and their CL days are surely at an end.

Spurs will do well to emulate this season and it will be interesting to see how Arsenal cope.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Benitez leaves liverpool

FOR YOU DAVY

.Benitez leaves Liverpool
    Spaniard departs Anfield after six years at the helm

Benitez: Liverpool exit

I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone.Rafa Benitez.
    Quotes of the week

..Liverpool have confirmed that manager Rafa Benitez is to leave the club by mutual consent after six years at the helm.

The Spaniard had found his position under severe scrutiny after a miserable season which saw the Anfield outfit finish seventh in the Premier League, missing out on UEFA Champions League football next term.

Benitez's relationship with American co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett had become increasingly strained and rumours began circulating that he was to be shown the door on Wednesday evening.

It emerged negotiations were under way behind the scenes to agree a severance package, with the former Valencia boss having only recently signed a lucrative new long-term contract.

And Liverpool finally broke their silence over the issue at 3pm on Thursday with confirmation that the man who secured the Champions League trophy in 2005 and the FA Cup the following season was heading for the exit.

Fresh start
    Several names have already been linked with the post, including Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill, Fulham manager Roy Hodgson and Guus Hiddink, who recently signed a deal to manage the Turkey national side.

Benitez's departure leaves the club in an even greater state of flux, with Hicks and Gillett keen to sell their stake to new owners and doubts persisting over the future of star players such as Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres.

Reds chairman Martin Broughton saluted their outgoing manager but claimed that a change at the top was necessary after a miserable season on the field.

He said: "Rafa will forever be part of Liverpool folklore after bringing home the Champions League following the epic final in Istanbul but after a disappointing season both parties felt a fresh start would be best for all concerned.''
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER View Post
    FOR YOU DAVY

.Benitez leaves Liverpool
    Spaniard departs Anfield after six years at the helm

Benitez: Liverpool exit

I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone.Rafa Benitez.
    Quotes of the week

..Liverpool have confirmed that manager Rafa Benitez is to leave the club by mutual consent after six years at the helm.

The Spaniard had found his position under severe scrutiny after a miserable season which saw the Anfield outfit finish seventh in the Premier League, missing out on UEFA Champions League football next term.

Benitez's relationship with American co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett had become increasingly strained and rumours began circulating that he was to be shown the door on Wednesday evening.

It emerged negotiations were under way behind the scenes to agree a severance package, with the former Valencia boss having only recently signed a lucrative new long-term contract.

And Liverpool finally broke their silence over the issue at 3pm on Thursday with confirmation that the man who secured the Champions League trophy in 2005 and the FA Cup the following season was heading for the exit.

Fresh start
    Several names have already been linked with the post, including Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill, Fulham manager Roy Hodgson and Guus Hiddink, who recently signed a deal to manage the Turkey national side.

Benitez's departure leaves the club in an even greater state of flux, with Hicks and Gillett keen to sell their stake to new owners and doubts persisting over the future of star players such as Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres.

Reds chairman Martin Broughton saluted their outgoing manager but claimed that a change at the top was necessary after a miserable season on the field.

He said: "Rafa will forever be part of Liverpool folklore after bringing home the Champions League following the epic final in Istanbul but after a disappointing season both parties felt a fresh start would be best for all concerned.''
    So the inevitable finally happened. I think it was the right decision by both parties. Rafa can go and manage Inter, but I have no clue who LFC will get, or attempt to. A fresh start is what the club needs. Hopefully we can turn it around and get back to playing good, consistent football.

Thanks for the memories, Rafa! Good luck in the future!
    "When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

"There's no rest on planetary duty." -Paul Watson

You'll Never Walk Alone - Justice For The 96!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Strong rumour is that Roy Hodgson is going to be announced Liverpools new manager next week
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Strong rumour is that Roy Hodgson is going to be announced Liverpools new manager next week
    I'd be fine with Hodgson taking over at Liverpool. I think he did a great job with Fulham (my second favorite EPL club) last season. Hopefully he'd be able to get us back to playing quality football again! And maybe he can help keep all of our guys healthy!
    "When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Davyjones View Post
    I'd be fine with Hodgson taking over at Liverpool. I think he did a great job with Fulham (my second favorite EPL club) last season. Hopefully he'd be able to get us back to playing quality football again! And maybe he can help keep all of our guys healthy!
    I think he will do very well with them ,a proven manager who doesnt need to have a big budget to get results which is how Liverpool are now in . He will fit into the Liverpool regime and ethos very easily
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Default Davy this for you ( Liverpool )

News from our press

Roy Hodgson poised to become new Liverpool manager

Hodgson has also been linked with the England manager's job
    Roy Hodgson is set to be appointed Liverpool's new manager by Thursday, BBC Sport understands.

The Reds were granted permission to speak to the 62-year-old two weeks ago by his current club Fulham.

Hodgson has also been linked with the England manager's job following the team's humiliating exit from the World Cup but Liverpool have acted quickly.

The Englishman will replace Rafael Benitez in the Anfield hot seat after the Spaniard left at the start of June.

"Hodgson has always been the number one target of the board at Anfield to replace Benitez," said Ian Dennis, BBC Radio 5 live's senior football reporter.

"After Fulham granted Liverpool permission to speak to Hodgson, it was just a matter of the clubs agreeing a compensation deal for him."

Hodgson has been in charge of Fulham since December 2007 and signed a new 12-month rolling contract in December 2009.

Although he suffered a difficult start to his tenure, winning only nine points from his first 13 league matches, he saved the club from relegation in 2007-2008, securing survival on the final day of the campaign.

The following season he steered the club to seventh place in the Premier League - their highest finish - and a place in the Europa League.

His achievement in guiding Fulham to the final of that competition, with wins over Juventus and Wolfsburg en route, resulted in him being named manager of the year by the League Managers Association in May.

Hodgson has also managed Italian giants Inter Milan, Blackburn and Switzerland, who he guided to the last 16 of the 1994 World Cup.

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill, former Real Madrid coach Manuel Pellegrini, ex-Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink, Croatia coach Slaven Bilic and former Manchester City manager Mark Hughes have all been linked with the Liverpool post.
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

News from our press

Roy Hodgson poised to become new Liverpool manager

Hodgson has also been linked with the England manager's job
    Roy Hodgson is set to be appointed Liverpool's new manager by Thursday, BBC Sport understands.

The Reds were granted permission to speak to the 62-year-old two weeks ago by his current club Fulham.

Hodgson has also been linked with the England manager's job following the team's humiliating exit from the World Cup but Liverpool have acted quickly.

The Englishman will replace Rafael Benitez in the Anfield hot seat after the Spaniard left at the start of June.

"Hodgson has always been the number one target of the board at Anfield to replace Benitez," said Ian Dennis, BBC Radio 5 live's senior football reporter.

"After Fulham granted Liverpool permission to speak to Hodgson, it was just a matter of the clubs agreeing a compensation deal for him."

Hodgson has been in charge of Fulham since December 2007 and signed a new 12-month rolling contract in December 2009.

Although he suffered a difficult start to his tenure, winning only nine points from his first 13 league matches, he saved the club from relegation in 2007-2008, securing survival on the final day of the campaign.

The following season he steered the club to seventh place in the Premier League - their highest finish - and a place in the Europa League.

His achievement in guiding Fulham to the final of that competition, with wins over Juventus and Wolfsburg en route, resulted in him being named manager of the year by the League Managers Association in May.

Hodgson has also managed Italian giants Inter Milan, Blackburn and Switzerland, who he guided to the last 16 of the 1994 World Cup.

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill, former Real Madrid coach Manuel Pellegrini, ex-Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink, Croatia coach Slaven Bilic and former Manchester City manager Mark Hughes have all been linked with the Liverpool post.
    I believe he'd be a good choice as manager for LFC. I'm not sure who would be the best though. I think Guus Hiddink would be a great choice as well. Lots of pressure on whoever takes over at Anfield!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default hodgson name liverpool mangaer official

Liverpool have confirmed the appointment of former Fulham boss Roy Hodgson as their new manager.

The 62-year-old has signed a three-year deal at Anfield to replace Rafa Benitez following the Spaniard's departure last month.

Hodgson ,who has been touted a possible successor to Fabio Capello should the Italian leave his role with England, has been Liverpool's top target for some time and they have now finally got their man after agreeing a compensation package with Fulham.

Hodgson's stock has risen sharply since guiding Fulham to the final of the Europa League last season and he was named manager of the year by the League Managers Association in 2009/10.

The former Inter Milan and Blackburn boss is relishing the prospect of taking over at Liverpool describing the job as the 'biggest in club football'.

Honoured
    "This is the biggest job in club football and I'm honoured to be taking on the role of manager of Britain's most successful football club," Hodgson told the club's official website.

"I look forward to meeting the players and the supporters and getting down to work at Melwood.

"I am both proud and excited at the prospect of working as the Liverpool manager.

"I don't think there are many jobs that would have tempted me away from Fulham, to be perfectly honest.

"I had such a good relationship with the chairman and the chief executive, the players were magnificent to work with and everything was as good as it gets, but on the other hand when there was a chance that Liverpool wanted me, and they asked to speak to me, I asked the chairman for permission.

"He wasn't too happy to give it but fortunately for me this job came about and I am really happy to be here.

"It'd be foolish to compare but it'd also be dishonest to say anything other than it's going to be a highlight of my career.

"I have worked long and hard to reach the level I have reached."

He is likely to be joined at Anfield by his trusted assistant Mike Kelly, although Sammy Lee - brought in by Benitez because of his coaching credentials and links to the club's successful past - is expected to be given a role somewhere in the new set-up.
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Liverpool have confirmed the appointment of former Fulham boss Roy Hodgson as their new manager.

The 62-year-old has signed a three-year deal at Anfield to replace Rafa Benitez following the Spaniard's departure last month.

Hodgson ,who has been touted a possible successor to Fabio Capello should the Italian leave his role with England, has been Liverpool's top target for some time and they have now finally got their man after agreeing a compensation package with Fulham.

Hodgson's stock has risen sharply since guiding Fulham to the final of the Europa League last season and he was named manager of the year by the League Managers Association in 2009/10.

The former Inter Milan and Blackburn boss is relishing the prospect of taking over at Liverpool describing the job as the 'biggest in club football'.

Honoured
    "This is the biggest job in club football and I'm honoured to be taking on the role of manager of Britain's most successful football club," Hodgson told the club's official website.

"I look forward to meeting the players and the supporters and getting down to work at Melwood.

"I am both proud and excited at the prospect of working as the Liverpool manager.

"I don't think there are many jobs that would have tempted me away from Fulham, to be perfectly honest.

"I had such a good relationship with the chairman and the chief executive, the players were magnificent to work with and everything was as good as it gets, but on the other hand when there was a chance that Liverpool wanted me, and they asked to speak to me, I asked the chairman for permission.

"He wasn't too happy to give it but fortunately for me this job came about and I am really happy to be here.

"It'd be foolish to compare but it'd also be dishonest to say anything other than it's going to be a highlight of my career.

"I have worked long and hard to reach the level I have reached."

He is likely to be joined at Anfield by his trusted assistant Mike Kelly, although Sammy Lee - brought in by Benitez because of his coaching credentials and links to the club's successful past - is expected to be given a role somewhere in the new set-up.
    I think that this is a good move for LFC and will get us back on track! Sorry for Fulham's loss, but good news for us! Hopefully he can get us back to playing Champions League football again next season!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Davy ....a Liverpool buy

Davy
    Liverpool last night got Joe Cole from Chelsea.
    He should do well there if Torres and Gerrad stay
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Davy
    Liverpool last night got Joe Cole from Chelsea.
    He should do well there if Torres and Gerrad stay
    Another injury prone player.

He is quoted to saying the he doesn't want a move up north but wants to stay in London.
    Both Arsenal & Spurs were not going to pay him £100k a week but Liverpool are.

So he goes to Liverpool but says it wasn't for the money.

Of course not Joe! Spurs & Arsenal can offer you Champions League Football & the chance to stay in London. So why go all the way up north?????

Oh yeah, sorry. £100k a week.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the Cole signing today. That's good news. I like the qualities Cole brings in as a footballer; I'm not sure what his qualities are as a person, though, as R. Dog pointed out. I think it also helped sway Gerrard into reaffirming his commitment to the club. Hope it will convince Torres to stay as well.

I do like all the moves Hodgson has made so far. I hope we get back to playing consistent, quality football this season. *keeps fingers crossed*

Post Thanks / Like

After speaking with a few of Intercot's European football fans, I know that the 2010 season is about to start. So, I'm going to close this thread and you all can start a new thread for the 2010 season.

Enjoy !
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: