Quantcast Project Runway - Season 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Project Runway - Season 6

FINALLY the much delayed season 6 debuts tonight on Lifetime. I've got my DVR all set (yay - I can say that now!). Should be interesting on a new network and in a new town.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you all think? I was just so happy for it to be back--I was literally beaming. I hadn't realized how much I missed it.

Initial thoughts--I knew Ari was going to be the first to go, Logan should be a model himself, I love Louise's personal style, Ra'mon's dress was my favorite, and Lindsay Lohan really didn't add (say) much to the judging.

šOšprprincessšOš

WDW-75, 79, 89, 91, 98, 04: Offsite; 01: ASMs & CSR; 02: Dolphin; 03: GF & POR; 06: POFQ & BC; 08: WL; 09: CBR
    DL--97-98: AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

How fun was that! I was so happy that they were given the opportunity to do something nice/pretty tonight instead of using garbage or some other strange thing. And still they had to have one person who made a garment that looked like an oven glove. I did feel sorry for the guy who went by the measurements they had given him, but on the other hand could he not have found enough material to make a bikini to wear under that thing?
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

I was glad Mitchell didn't go home. An inch off, maybe...but 5 inches! Apparently, on the model show afterwards, that model was fired. I don't know how much longer he will last but I hated for him to go because of that.

Looks to be an interesting group. The one guy with the odd hair made me laugh. "There aren't words to describe my look...the vocabulary hasn't been created yet".
    Christina - DVC member
    SOG, VWL, OKW, AKL, ASMu, PC, POFQ, CSR, POLY, POR, BWV,SSR, CR, CBR, AKV, BCV
    Next trip- Nov 28- Dec 6

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't had a chance to watch Models of the Runway yet but I watched both P.R. Allstars and the premiere... I thought that Korto got robbed on All Stars. But, to me, Project Runway despite being on a different channel and in a different city feels pretty much the same! I didn't like Lindsay as a guest judge... I don't get the reason for it, maybe if she were to wear the winning dress, but she was there for no reason apparently. I don't have a favorite yet.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

We used to have a hoppin' Project Runway thread, but I think some of those members are no longer regulars
    Anyone still here that watches?
    The whole thing with Johnny was crazy- I can't ever remember Tim being so short with someone who got eliminated. Johnny really offended him by making up that story about the iron. I really hope Nicholas goes next. I don't have a favorite yet.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I am liking the show -- however, it does seem weird to me that there are still quite a few that get hardly any air time -- maybe they are boring or not being dramatic enough? Weird.

I was glad Johnny got Auf'd -- and i loved that Tim was so mad that he lied! I love Tim Gunn!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Anyone still here that watches?
    I'm here and still watching! I was a little bored at last week's show, but this past week's was much more interesting with Johnny lying and the newspaper as fabric. Overall, I was quite impressed with the creations. So far, my favorites are Louise, Ra'Mon, and Carol Hannah. Not crazy about this woman who fills in for Nina, though. Her comments rub me the wrong way.

šOšprprincessšOš

WDW-75, 79, 89, 91, 98, 04: Offsite; 01: ASMs & CSR; 02: Dolphin; 03: GF & POR; 06: POFQ & BC; 08: WL; 09: CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prprincess View Post
    Not crazy about this woman who fills in for Nina, though. Her comments rub me the wrong way.
    Being the reality show junkie that I am, I saw her on "Running In Heels" and at that time she (Zoe ??? maybe) it seemed that she was very far down the chain of command at MarieClare. It was a surprise to me when she replaced Nina as I thought Project Runway would have picked someone with a lot more fashion experience behind them.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    Zoe ??? maybe
    Yes, that's her name. She'd said something about how thankfully, one of the models wasn't a designer and then something about NYC being full of cockroaches. Totally unnecessary. Don't mean to sound oversensitive, but alot of her little snide comments have nothing to do with the subject at hand.

šOšprprincessšOš

Post Thanks / Like

I just think it's amazing that anyone can sit down and sew up an outfit from scratch in a couple of days that would take me 3 months to complete.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I think the show transitioned to Lifetime just fine. I still enjoy it very much. I love Tim Gunn. I think there re several good designers this season, but I have to admit that my favorite to look at is Logan. I really enjoy the Model show that comes on after each episode. It is fun to see things from the model's perspective.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipnDaleGal View Post
    I think the show transitioned to Lifetime just fine. I still enjoy it very much. I love Tim Gunn. I think there re several good designers this season, but I have to admit that my favorite to look at is Logan. I really enjoy the Model show that comes on after each episode. It is fun to see things from the model's perspective.
    I agree, the transition has been seamless. Still a great show, although I'm ready for Michael and Nina to be back this week. I've really missed them!

I didn't start watching the models show. Can't....watch....anymore....tv!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Except for Michael Kors & Nina Garcia missing so many episodes, it feels exactly the same as the Bravo show.

Does any one else think this season is sort of lack luster? There's no real stand out. Most of the designers left design/create nice garments but overall I am feeling eh about the season.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seasonscraps View Post
    Does any one else think this season is sort of lack luster? There's no real stand out. Most of the designers left design/create nice garments but overall I am feeling eh about the season.
    I agree. For me, it's a combination. I don't like Lifetime at all, so right off the bat, I wasn't happy. For most it's been a seamless transition, but for me--I just can't shake that it's on the channel that airs all of the hokey, dramatic movies.

Then, Nina and Michael missed several episodes, and then all of my favorite designers (and I can't even say that I liked them because of their designs, I mostly liked their personalities), except for Chris are gone. And I hate to sound shallow, but what's been up with Heidi's hair and outfits this season? She always looked flawless, but this time around, I don't know.

I hope it gets better!

šOšprprincessšOš

Post Thanks / Like

To me what is lacking is personalities. They have given us no one to hate or love or laugh with or to admire their background. None of them look over the top different or have very strange haircuts or dress like a bag lady or something out of a horror movie. Some of them do lovely work but for creative people they have got to be the plainest, nicest, most boring blah group on any reality show I've ever seen. Boring.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI

Post Thanks / Like

To me what is lacking is personalities. They have given us no one to hate or love or laugh with or to admire their background. None of them look over the top different or have very strange haircuts or dress like a bag lady or something out of a horror movie. Some of them do lovely work but for creative people they have got to be the plainest, nicest, most boring blah group on any reality show I've ever seen. Boring.
    That's for sure! Considering his aesthetic, I thought Nicholas would be more interesting but nope.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Nani- John was watching with me last week and when Heidi came out he said, "That's Heidi Klum? Wow, she's getting old!"
    I shushed him but he was right... something is just off.

I LIKE this season but I don't LOVE it. I was totally missing Michael Kors and his snarky comments and his overly orange face. He totally makes the runway portion of the show.
    I don't really have a favorite... I wanted to see more from Louise... We shall see.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Was Heidi pregnant during the filming of this season? If so that could very well be why she doesn't look so wonderful. When I carried my 3 I was always a horrible shade of green and the shape of my face changed, not to even touch on the subject of hurling for 9 months non-stop.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI

Post Thanks / Like

Was Heidi pregnant during the filming of this season? If so that could very well be why she doesn't look so wonderful. When I carried my 3 I was always a horrible shade of green and the shape of my face changed, not to even touch on the subject of hurling for 9 months non-stop.
    I thought about that because I too was sick for most of my pregnancy. So that might account for why her hair looks off. But the outfits have been weird too. What was with the chain link t-shirt two weeks ago?

šOšprprincessšOš

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: