Quantcast List of Rumored Character Meet and Greets

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Default List of Rumored Character Meet and Greets

Here is a list of the rumored changes and additions for meet and greets. Most of these are confirmed. Only a few are rumored. Hopefully we can get this as a sticky thread. If anyone hears any other rumors, or news, please feel free to post. Thank you and remember, if it is a rumor, I state it. Also, these characters have other meet and greet areas. These are just rumored/confirmed additions, changes, or relocations.

MAGIC KINGDOM - LIBERTY TREE TAVERN - Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale (January/February 2010)

MAGIC KINGDOM – LIBERTY BELLE RIVERBOAT - Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen and Louis the Alligator (Princess and the Frog) Rumored start date: October/November 2009 (confirmed)

DISNEY HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS - Captain Rockhopper and the Blue Penguin (From Club Penguin) No start date as of yet but should appear as regular character meet and greets. (prettyy sure this is confirmed and may have already started)

MAGIC KINGDOM – ADVENTURELAND – Lilo and Stitch Adventureland Veranda. (confirmed)

TIMON and RAFIKI leaving Adventureland. (Confirmed)

Captain hook and Mr. Smee will no longer be doing meet and greets. (confirmed)

EPCOT- WORLD SHOWCASE – GERMANY – Snow White just received a themed meet and greet area. Very well done. In operation now. (in rotation now)

EPCOT – WORLD SHOWCASE – MEXICO – Donald Duck is rumored to be receiving the Snow White treatment: a themed meet and greet area in or around the Mexican pavilion. (rumored, but pretty much a guarantee)

MAGIC KINGDOM – FANTASYLAND – Belle (as part of the leaked Fantasyland make over plans) Announcement expected at D23. Start date: unknown. (at this point rumor)

MAGIC KINGDOM – FANTASYLAND – Cinderella (as part of the leaked Fantasyland make over plans). Announcement expected at D23. Start date: unknown (at this point, rumor)

MAGIC KINGDOM – FANTASYLAND – Ariel (as part of the leaked Fantasyland make over plans) Announcement expected at D23. Start date: Unknown (currently doing meet and greets at Ariel's Grotto until further notice) rumor at this point.

MAGIC KINGDOM – FANTASYLAND – Aurora (as part of the leaked Fantasyland make over plans) Announcement expected at D23. Start date: Unknown (Rumor at this point)

MAGIC KINGDOM – FANTASYLAND – PIXIE HOLLOW – Disney's Fairies (as part of the Fantasyland make over) Announcement expected at D23. Start date: unknown (rumor at this point)

MAGIC KINGDOM – FANTASYLAND – 100 ACRE WOODS – Play are removed, Winnie the Pooh meet and greet added as part of the Fantasyland make over. Expected announcement at D23. Start date: unknown (rumor at this point)

Dr. Facilier from Princess and the Frog meet and greet. Start date: unknown, currently casting. (rumor)

EPCOT – FRANCE – Marie from Aristocats will be appearing. Not sure how long she will be out there though. (confirmed to be happening)

ANIMAL KINGDOM - Thumper will be appearing at the entrance gateway. (confirmed)

MNSSHP - No new charcaters added.

Removal of the character meet and greets in Toontown's Judge's Tent as part of the Fantasyland expansion/make over.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    disneyphilip Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    FYI, Miss Bunny, Thumper's girlfriend, is going to be there too.

emmetlovesmaleficent Guest

why?????? why cant tiana meet NOW!!! nd why does every1 have 2 go??? nooooo!!!!! smee just got madeover????
    Last edited by ChipnDaleGal; 08-23-2009 at 07:34 PM. Reason: cursing slang

disneyphilip Guest

Another bit of characters news:

Terrence (Tink's male fairy friend) is going to be added to the Disney Fairies room at the Toontown Hall of Fame this fall.

Post Thanks / Like

Oooooohhhhhhh.....I am so THRILLED about Thumper!! I love him!! That is one character I won't miss in December!

NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks GothMickey good work!
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

I am going for the Haeen party... Too bad they aren't adding anything new....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow- so much news, some good some sad...

I love character hunting! One of my favorite parts of the trip!

I'm really glad I finally got to meet Timon and Rafiki finally together on my last trip (I always see rafiki, but never timon!)

Very bummed about Capt. Hook and Smee leaving...I've met them quite a few times though...but I'll miss Smee,
    he was ma buuudy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I am going for the Haeen party... Too bad they aren't adding anything new....
    LOL look at me.. can't spell.. HALLOWEEN!!! lol
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyphilip View Post
    Another bit of characters news:

Terrence (Tink's male fairy friend) is going to be added to the Disney Fairies room at the Toontown Hall of Fame this fall.
    yayayay what about vidia ??? they must b too busy w?the ice shows 2 mng

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post
    Thanks GothMickey good work!
    No problem. Glad to do it.

By the way, if anyone visits WDW and sees the above listed characters, please come in and state so. That way this thread remains updated as much as possible.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

No problem. Glad to do it.

By the way, if anyone visits WDW and sees the above listed characters, please come in and state so. That way this thread remains updated as much as possible.
    im going in 12 skewl days (add weekend and labor day) ill do a full report. only there 4 2 days tho. in june were goin 4 a week!!! the trip was soo last minut it was like godd morning u wanna go 2 dis next month? well sure, why not??? once i was suprised at the airport going 2 " nyc"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emmetlovesmaleficent View Post
    im going in 12 skewl days (add weekend and labor day) ill do a full report. only there 4 2 days tho. in june were goin 4 a week!!! the trip was soo last minut it was like godd morning u wanna go 2 dis next month? well sure, why not??? once i was suprised at the airport going 2 " nyc"
    Well, enjoy your trip. If you notice any of these rumors I posted are really true and happening already, please let us know.

Post Thanks / Like

Bummed about Timon--he's one of my favorite characters. Will he be going anywhere else?
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I'm bummed about him too...I'm glad I finally caught him on my last trip, I think they should keep him and rafiki there instead of bringing in Stitch anf Lilo, those two are alerady very common characters

If this does happen I would think that Timon will probably start turning up at the toon town train station or maybe town square?
    DisneyLand
    1998 ---off site---
    2003 ---off site---

WDW

Jan 2006---Sarotoga Springs (we don't belong to the club, we just went with friends)
    Oct 2006--- off site---
    Sept 2008--- Port Orleans (French Quarter)

Well, enjoy your trip. If you notice any of these rumors I posted are really true and happening already, please let us know.
    aww ur soo nice!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great list, thank you! I love hearing about new characters coming out. It's such a shame they're taking Hook and Smee out though.

Post Thanks / Like

I can say as of right now, the Club Penguin characters have not come back out (and I haven't heard anything about them returning any time soon).
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a list of the rumored changes and additions for meet and greets. Most of these are confirmed. Only a few are rumored. Hopefully we can get this as a sticky thread. If anyone hears any other rumors, or news, please feel free to post. Thank you and remember, if it is a rumor, I state it. Also, these characters have other meet and greet areas. These are just rumored/confirmed additions, changes, or relocations.

MAGIC KINGDOM - LIBERTY TREE TAVERN - Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale (January/February 2010)

MAGIC KINGDOM – LIBERTY BELLE RIVERBOAT - Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen and Louis the Alligator (Princess and the Frog) Rumored start date: October/November 2009 (confirmed)

DISNEY HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS - Captain Rockhopper and the Blue Penguin (From Club Penguin) No start date as of yet but should appear as regular character meet and greets. (prettyy sure this is confirmed and may have already started)

MAGIC KINGDOM – ADVENTURELAND – Lilo and Stitch Adventureland Veranda. (confirmed)

TIMON and RAFIKI leaving Adventureland. (Confirmed)

Captain hook and Mr. Smee will no longer be doing meet and greets. (confirmed)

EPCOT- WORLD SHOWCASE – GERMANY – Snow White just received a themed meet and greet area. Very well done. In operation now. (in rotation now)

EPCOT – WORLD SHOWCASE – MEXICO – Donald Duck is rumored to be receiving the Snow White treatment: a themed meet and greet area in or around the Mexican pavilion. (rumored, but pretty much a guarantee)

MAGIC KINGDOM – FANTASYLAND – Belle (as part of the leaked Fantasyland make over plans) Announcement expected at D23. Start date: unknown. (at this point rumor)

MAGIC KINGDOM – FANTASYLAND – Cinderella (as part of the leaked Fantasyland make over plans). Announcement expected at D23. Start date: unknown (at this point, rumor)

MAGIC KINGDOM – FANTASYLAND – Ariel (as part of the leaked Fantasyland make over plans) Announcement expected at D23. Start date: Unknown (currently doing meet and greets at Ariel's Grotto until further notice) rumor at this point.

MAGIC KINGDOM – FANTASYLAND – Aurora (as part of the leaked Fantasyland make over plans) Announcement expected at D23. Start date: Unknown (Rumor at this point)

MAGIC KINGDOM – FANTASYLAND – PIXIE HOLLOW – Disney's Fairies (as part of the Fantasyland make over) Announcement expected at D23. Start date: unknown (rumor at this point)

MAGIC KINGDOM – FANTASYLAND – 100 ACRE WOODS – Play are removed, Winnie the Pooh meet and greet added as part of the Fantasyland make over. Expected announcement at D23. Start date: unknown (rumor at this point)

Dr. Facilier from Princess and the Frog meet and greet. Start date: unknown, currently casting. (rumor)

EPCOT – FRANCE – Marie from Aristocats will be appearing. Not sure how long she will be out there though. (confirmed to be happening)

MNSSHP - No new charcaters added.

Removal of the character meet and greets in Toontown's Judge's Tent as part of the Fantasyland expansion/make over.

I had heard rumors that Hades would be added to MNSSHP?? I guess they weren't true.

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post
    Oooooohhhhhhh.....I am so THRILLED about Thumper!! I love him!! That is one character I won't miss in December!

I agree! We've never met any of the Bambi characters and I love Thumper. Now if we could just have Flower too, I would be on ! We love hunting for characters and getting pics and autographs.

I have a question...is Capt. Hook and Smee going to appear anywhere? It looked like they could add in something special with them on photopass pics and I love Smee so they were on our list to find again.
    şoş Tiffany şoş

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: