Quantcast Knoebels in PA

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Knoebels in PA

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Knoebels in PA

Has anyone been there recently? Looking for a day trip this week and was wondering what it was like. We did Hershey last year and wanted to try something new.....

BWV & HH

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I was there 3 years ago and have been there at least once every 5 years since I was a kid. I personally love it there but some of that is nostalgia. It is an old timey park with some newer rides, but I will always love it for it's one of a kind or unique rides. They have great campground facilities on site (and Camp Glory nearby is nice but not as great as staying on site and walking to the park in the morning dew). They have amazing fudge and great food, both counter service and sit-down. This is NOT a park for a group of all out roller coaster enthusiasts or people who need thrill rides every three feet to be happy. It is more for families with young children who can enjoy a beautiful and fun park surrounded by pine trees and wildlife. It is free to walk around the park (unusual I know) so you buy your tickets for rides as you need. They have a beautiful large pool that is open seasonally. This is a park that averages about 2 days to complete.

One point of advice - try to go during the week for the lowest crowd levels.

ENJOY!

9-1983 - Fort WIlderness Campground in an RV

10-1988 - Off property

1991 - Off property

12-1999 - All-Star Movies

03-2003 - Port Orleans - Riverside

12-2009 - Coronado Springs

I look forward to my next trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I have so many memories of Knoebels as a kid! Unfortunately I haven't been there since I was maybe 12 years old, but my dad took my sister and me a few times on vacation. We loved the younger kids rides and once we were older we could go on the "big kid" roller coasters. It's a small and very kid-friendly park. One tip- be aware that the haunted house is VERY scary (nothing like Haunted Mansion) and it really affected my sister and me. Even when I was 12 I rode next to my dad with my eyes completely shut through the entire thing. I'm 26 now and probably still wouldn't go on it.

Aside from that, I hope you have a great time!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information.....it seems like a nice place.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Knoebel's is great! We go at least once or twice a year.

As a PP said the best part is that there is no admission fee. So you can pop over just to enjoy some of their great food! And, if you only want to ride a few rides you just use your tickets, and hold on to the rest for the next visit.

It also helps that Elysburg, PA is one of the most beautiful areas you could put a park like this.
    2011 - Planning phase!
    2009 - DD's First Trip - PO Riverside
    2003 - PO Riverside
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge (honeymoon)
    1998 - Polynesian
    1995 - Off-Site
    1991 - Polynesian
    1989 - Polynesian
    1987 - Ft. Wilderness Campground

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: