Quantcast The Amazing Race 15 - Page 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess the other racers are teasing Big Easy now. Megan said this to Flight on his Facebook page:

Good job Flight Time. Ahhh so sad watching you guys lay on those steps. Cant wait to see you and Franz in NYC in a few days. Love you both!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I felt so bad for the Globe Trotters last night. I was hoping they would keep trying to solve the FRANZ puzzle, but it was not to be.

I was really hoping for the Bickering Brothers to get the boot. They get on my last nerve.

And what's with Lady Attitude? I know she's a beauty queen, but i don't know how Brian puts up with that.

I'm rooting for Megan & Cheyne because they are playing an excellent game so far.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    I thought the WDW thing was supposed to be for last season?
    That's what I remember too.

I could not believe that Big Easy could not solve that word puzzle and that the Globetrotters opted for the time penalty. Why not go out trying rather than sitting around on some steps for four hours???

Other notes--I think Brian and Ericka somewhat redeemed themselves on this leg. I was glad that Brian didn't give in to Ericka wanting to switch tasks after spilling all their beer on that first go-round. Can you imagine her trying to tote one of those whatever-they-were coated in plaster? Also I decided that Dan is mainly the one that annoys me on his team (although I did not blame him one bit for not telling Flight Time the answer--I mean, they're approaching the end of the race and no one should give it away to another team!)

The producers of the show have to have set up one of those "equalizing" situations (everyone waiting for the same flight at the airport, for example) for the last leg of the trip, otherwise it appears that Megan and Cheyne are a slam-dunk for winning. Wonder where in the states the race ends?
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    Aaaaaaah!!! I know I wasn't there, and I know at one time Big Easy said he'd been there 2.5 hours, but seriously? They didn't think he could get it in that 4 hour penalty time? Wow. It's a shame, because they were my favorite team. I'm pulling for Megan and Cheynne all the way now. They deserve it tenfold over the remaining teams.
    Yeah, I was pretty much slack jawed ( ) over that whole episode with the Globetrotters. For Easy to think he couldn't come up with that word in less than four hours ... that's just ridiculous. I hate to say it, but they deserve to go home after that decision.

Think about it ... he knew "F" was the first letter. From there it becomes a very simple exercise of just running down the balance of the combinations. I loved those guys, but they were not very bright. They struggled mightily any time there was a brain teaser involved.

Anyway, I'm totally behind Meghan and Cheyne now. They're running an incredible race and they far and away deserve to win over the other two teams.

At first I was kinda okay with Sam and Dan, but the truth is Dan now irritates me beyond belief and I'm actively rooting against them. I feel bad for Sam, because I think he's a really good guy. But Dan? Not so much ... plus they've been pretty shady these last two legs.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post

The producers of the show have to have set up one of those "equalizing" situations (everyone waiting for the same flight at the airport, for example) for the last leg of the trip, otherwise it appears that Megan and Cheyne are a slam-dunk for winning. Wonder where in the states the race ends?
    The trailer from next week's episode seems to indicate they end in Vegas.

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I was a little surprised too that the Globetrotters "gave up". In 4 hours surely they could of kept trying.

I really can't stand the "brothers"...sorry ya'll I'm an only child...no siblings...I really can't relate to the "shut up" garbage. They are NOT 10 and 12 they are grown men and it's time they start acting like it. I think they should have had a "penalty" for delivering a "damaged" product. Just for all their sniping I would have LOVED to seem them drag the "man" ALL the way back and start on a new one. If I was their mamma you can bet that's what would have happened.

Beauty Queen aka "Lady Attitude" was quite an embarassment. She was so RUDE. I'm trying to keep an open mind that she was "stressed" but...sigh. The people were SUPPOSED to hassle them...that was part of the challenge...did she really think it was going to be a "cake walk". I didn't mind HIM so much...he did well the whole day yesterday but HER...grrr.

Ugh...hopefully Meghan and Cheyanne are going to "take it". I like them...they get a bit snippy ever so often but at least they both apologized and admitted being "stressed".
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Big Easy says in an interview or two that he wrote "FRANZ" down on his list fairly early and thought it was one of the first few he submitted. Said he was exhausted and the ringing phones made it hard to concentrate.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJDad View Post
    Big Easy says in an interview or two that he wrote "FRANZ" down on his list fairly early and thought it was one of the first few he submitted. Said he was exhausted and the ringing phones made it hard to concentrate.
    I thought I heard him mention something about that during the show. I'm sad to see them go - they sure made the trip interesting!

Post Thanks / Like

I was bummed to see the Globetrotters out. If I remember his first letter was F so I figured he would get it really quickly. I told DH that's good he can now stick the R after it and get the word, but alas no.

What the heck were they thinking on taking the 4 hour penalty.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

I was sorry to see the Globetrotters get eliminated. I was hoping the brothers got the ax this week. Their golem had a broken arm; I wouldn't have accepted it!
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

All in all a very satisfying ending to a great season of TAR. This may go down as one of my favorite groups of racers.

Can't wait til next season starts ... should only be a little over a month!!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am jumping for joy - Megan and Cheyne came from behind and won the race. I thought they were done for when they couldn't figure out they needed the Monte Carlo hotel. Kudos to Cheyne for overcoming his fear of heights and doing the face-down rappel.

Hooray for Brian for keeping it together when Ericka had her meltdown on the flower-catching task, but he shouldn't have given in to her idea of switching out.

I was amazed at how difficult the chip-counting task was for two couples. Megan & Cheyne just blasted through it by cooperating, although she needed to shut up, just a little.

As for the Kilkenny Cats (aka Sam and Dan) - I'm surprised they finished 2nd. Their mother must be so proud.

Can't wait for the new season to begin. I love this show.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Kudos to Meghan and Cheyne, they were always respectful of each other and they never lost their temper with each other, unlike some couples from past seasons.

I think Brian should have bounced his wife right out the roof!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonsmom View Post
    Kudos to Meghan and Cheyne, they were always respectful of each other and they never lost their temper with each other, unlike some couples from past seasons.

I think Brian should have bounced his wife right out the roof!
    They fought .. and she complained and they made mistakes just like everyone. They were never my favorites but they sailed through the last task and totally deserved the win for they way they ran the race.

I like both the other teams and think that the stress of the race can make people do crazy stuff, that doesn't mean they aren't good people or didn't try. Dan and Sam ran the race, and did what they needed to do at the time ... they kind of changed the face of the race a bit. I always found it strange that the people tried to be so nice to each other.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I was totally satisfied with the ending--Megan and Cheyne worked hard the entire race and never gave up, as evidenced by how many legs they won. I still find Dan annoying (or maybe it's just his voice--kind of whiny), but he and Sam deserved to be there too. Ericka was a victim of her inability to handle frustration during that Cirque de Soleil task, but at least they eventually got it done. I hope that her family sees him (Brian) as a good guy, because I think he was pretty even-keeled and patient with her.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad Megan & Cheyne won. They were a very good team. I'm also glad that Sam & Dan didn't win.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15