Quantcast new TTA audio - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: new TTA audio

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Why?!

Yeah the first time I rode it I thought it was a rollercoaster and I was freaking out but then when it was done we rode it for like ever! And the voice grew on me. And hearing that I have to listen to Stitch when I'm riding on it makes it worse.(I'm kinda freaked out by him.)
    P.S. When you said they added Stitch and Monsters Inc. you didn't mean we'll see part of there show/ride did you ? (just curious)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AvonleaCF View Post
    As of today the TTA has new audio. Sounds like the guy who narrates the cartoon section of Spaceship Earth.

But no more "paging mr morrow" or anything else.

I just got off and expressed my disappointment to a Cast Member.

Sad times.

P.s. Space Mountain currently looks like a train wreck. The grounds are blocked by a fence but you can see them on the TTA.
    I was wondering about this because we were at MK on 10/2 and noticed it seemed different and things were missing. Just wasn't quite the same.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    I just read this in a blog Jack Spence posted on the All Ears site about the TTA audio:

"I was told the Imagineers will monitor guest reaction to gauge how this change is received."

Maybe we should send Disney some e-mails regarding our disappointment, just in case they really are going to see how the change is received?
    I will definitely send an email, and might include a link to this thread. I'm not under the impression that it will help, but...well, you never know.

Post Thanks / Like

Will be there in a couple of weeks and we will ride it and see for ourselves. I'm sure it will feel different but for is change is just change. Things have to change sometime to keep fresh. Heck, Walt Disney started changing Disneyland the day after it opened. Yes, actually the very next day he changed things.

Over 51 years of going to Disney I've gotten used to change. Some is great, some is average, some is poor, but at least there has been change. I wouldn't have kept going to DLR and WDW if they didn't change, how boring would that be? (Very)

So TTA changed. No big deal, its just change. If it lasts, history shows that in 5 years or whenever it changes again there will be a lot of complaining about that too. Any change feels unusual so feels wrong.

Me, I'm going to wait until I've seen it a few times and it gets normal rather than make my mind up on the first feels of 'oh I miss that'. Could be it just feels unusual not that its actually bad. Did that with Stitch, and it was still bad, but because I gave it a real chance it proved itself as bad for me after a few tries and not just on my first impressions.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also very disappointed to hear about this. how could they change the audio to have nothing to do with "tomorrow?"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brookview View Post
    P.S. When you said they added Stitch and Monsters Inc. you didn't mean we'll see part of there show/ride did you ? (just curious)
    Nope. Just as you pass by the attractions they're mentioned (when you can see their queue). Kinda like how when you pass the Speedway they mention traffic conditions.

(By the way, I've been a member of this forum for about five years and this is the first time a thread I started reached more than two pages. Whoohoo!)

Post Thanks / Like

So TTA changed. No big deal, its just change. If it lasts, history shows that in 5 years or whenever it changes again there will be a lot of complaining about that too. Any change feels unusual so feels wrong.
    I don't disagree with your points about change in general, but I always look at the quality of the change. Some changes I love, because I think they greatly improve things. But I don't like when things I enjoy change to things I think are just "eh." The old TTA track had charm, and it was amusing. More than being just a tour to tell you what other rides you could go on, it had a definite theme of its own and felt like an experience that could stand on its own. I'm all for positive change, but not for change for change's sake or to promote other rides in the park that are not huge hits while leaving out all the wit and originality. Changing things just because it's been awhile and not because anyone has a great idea about how to make it better is a very fast way to lose a lot of charming things.

Post Thanks / Like

Well that's so disappointing. I always looked forward to the TTA audio, and now it's gone. Sad.

Jeff
    Disney Vacation Club Member

The Beach Club
    Remember the Magic!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so I just watched the video with new spiel...ummm, honestly, I kind of forgot to listen to the audio...

..I JUST WANT TO BE THERE!!!!

62 days and counting.

Oh, and the audio really isn't THAT bad...not as good as the old, but not terrible.
    Eric

ASMusic 4/22
    POFQ 1/22
    AKL 9/21
    POFQ 1/20
    Pop Cent 6/19 & 11/19
    POFQ 3/19
    B Resort 11/18
    ASMusic
    3 & 7/18
    ASMusic 3/17
    Boardwalk 7/14 & 6/16
    Swan 3/13
    Solana Villa 3/11
    Grand Flo 12/09
    ASMov & Grand Flo 3/08
    Vistana 3/06
    AKL 3/05
    WL 6/02
    Off-Site 10/00
    ASMusic 3/98
    Poly 6/86
    LBV Villas 6/83

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frakers View Post
    OK, I just watched a video of the updated version with the audio. I really wasn't bothered by it at all. Oh sure, I missed hearing Mr. Johnson in the Skyview 1 Hovercraft but it really wasn't bad at all. I read the posts on here about the entry in Stitch on the ride but was relieved that all he said was "I don't think so" in answer to a comment about keeping him under control. That's it. Thank goodness.
    The audio also includes Mickey Mouse commenting on Star Traders and Buzz Lightyear.
    The majority of the ride is quiet with interspersed comments from the narrator. That's fine with me. I liked the audio before but, aside from expecting certain commenst at various points, I was pretty much there for the relaxing ride.
    Y'all had me scared on this thread. This wasn't nearly as bad as it was led up to be. We go in 24 days and I'll sit back and relax and enjoy as I always do. I love the TTA......
    I also heard the new audio, and I totally agree with you (except for your Stitch comments....for me, there's never too much Stitch).

But, you're right...the new audio isn't bad at all. It's not the faux future announcements, but it's fine. Really, it's not like there was THAT much audio before...most of the ride was quiet. We just know where the announcer was going to say his spiel, and it will be a little weird not to hear it anymore.

I still look forward to enjoying the TTA when we go in December. It's still fun, and with Stitch, it's awesome!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to "sidetrack" the thread, but I was just reminded of another small "tomorrow" part of Tomorrowland I miss. The video that played inside Space Mountain (the "futuristic" TV station, with fashion reports, traffic, "Crazy Larry" commercials, etc) was fun. Sure helped kill time while I waited for my then favorite ride.
    Past versions of Tomorrowland played so well into my hopes and dreams of the future -- space travel and exploration, advanced technology, etc. I loved the feeling of "going" somewhere else, to a land of tomorrow. I felt like I was transported to the future, just like crossing the bridge to the sound of jungle drums took me to exotic locales in Adventureland. Tomorrowland feels like a part of a theme park now, and this is another lost piece of the magic.
    Here's to hoping for more good change on the horizon (uh oh, opened another can of worms there...sorry)
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I could not care less if this were the most well thought out, articulate spiel ever created at Disney. My gripe is that they "fixed" something that wasn't broke. I'm going to miss what we no longer have.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

To look on the bright side...At least WDW still has the PeopleMover. Unlike DL where they ruined it beyond repair (or to expensive to repair).
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

TTA is one of my favorite WDW attractions and am so disappointed that there's an entire new audio track.

I loved hearing ORAC 1 Commuter Computer, the female and male (Pete Renaday?) narrators, and the witty / cheesy jokes, as well as the nod to previous Tomorrowland attractions.

I'm ok with Stitch and Monsters Inc. being added to the audio track - after all, the TTA is designed to let TTA travelers about what's available in Tomorrowland, but don't like how the entire TTA narration now sounds like a commercial.

I miss the variety of voices that were on the previous TTA audio - made it more interesting.

Horizons - gone.
    World of Motion - gone.
    Spaceship Earth - Jeremy Irons narration gone (and current narration now seems to have been dumbed down IMHO).
    TTA - ORAC 1 narration version gone.

Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Advertising gone awry!!!!

We also complained to the cast member at the ride after being HORRIBLY disappointed at the audio. Not only is Tom Morrow gone, it sounds like they are ADVERTISING to the passengers on the RIDE!! Its really AWFUL. I can't imagine the meetings that must have taken place where ANYONE sat around thinking that was going to be a pleasant ride experience. Seriously, by the end of the ride, you're almost expecting to hear, "and that's not all Wal-Mart shoppers!! We've got great discounts on Billy-Bob-Joe's shoe-shine cream!" etc. Ok - that's maybe going a bit far - but if I wanted to be advertised to I'd stay home and watch tv. Why couldn't they just replace it with something 'modern' space-y - describing the rides - not ADVERTISING them!! I mean, the voices are terrible. It was more like a TOUR of Tomorrowland before - interesting - engaging - now its well - its like TV.
    Last edited by PinKy; 11-22-2009 at 09:16 PM. Reason: better description
    PinKy
    Upcoming trips: July 2021 Big Family trip to Disney!
    Most Recent Trip: October 2020 MNSSHP Family Weekend away!
    DVC Members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Default No more Tom Morrow

No more Tom Morrow???? NOOOoooo.... I can't believe it. Of all the lines they got ride of...That stinks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    I could not care less if this were the most well thought out, articulate spiel ever created at Disney. My gripe is that they "fixed" something that wasn't broke. I'm going to miss what we no longer have.
    RIght here with you! I'm really disappointed! Glad I just happened to read this before it hit us by surprise Saturday! My husband is going to be disappointed, too.
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

The reason why the Disney faithful go back year after year is because of those special nuances that make the visit predictably enjoyable.

The little things that create atmosphere is what I enjoy best and I'd be amiss if the crab and seagull were to be removed from POTC.

I understand that sometimes rides are removed to bring new entertainment vehicles so the 'new' Disney faithful can create their own memories.

Look at Winnie the Pooh ride? How many of the 'new' faithful aren't aware it was once Mr. Toad's Wild Ride?

I loved WTP until I went to Disneyland and went on MTWR.

It's all relative to when you became a Disney faithful.
    '92 - August, Disneyland<br />'96 - April, WL<br />'97 - October, offsite<br />'98 - Sept., Dixie Landings<br />'99 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Oct., All Sports<br />'01 - Jan., All Sports<br />'01 - May WL<br />'01 - July All-Sports<br />'01 - Sept. CBR/Poly<br />'01 - Nov. Dixie Landings<br />'02 - Jan. All Sports/WL<br />'02 - May Poly/All-Stars (I really didn't enjoy this trip)<br />'02 - July POFQ <br />'02 - Sept All Sports/WL<br />'02 - Dec Movies<br />'03 - Jan POFQ<br />'03 - Sept POR<br />'03 - Dec WL

Post Thanks / Like

I am not pleased with the new TTA audio. There really was no need to change it.
    TTA is a classic ride that does not have much to tweak to begin with.
    The previous narration was fun, futuristic and authoritative like it should be. It was listenable over and over without being annoying or overbearing.
    Well, seems that Disney has found a way to mess up a great thing.
    The new audio is too much about promotion and baby talk. I understand that a lot of kids ride it, but there is no need for the irritating tone and the overbearing tone that the attractions are being promoted with.
    Tommorrowland is about the future. The previous narration used the futuristic tones and sterile voices that made it seem like you were part of the experience.
    The new narration reminds me of Spaceship Earth's new narration. It is not as good and sounds like a kindergarten teacher speaking to her class.
    Not fun and definitely ruins rerideability.
    DigitalDaredevil
    VMK: EpcotRay

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to add that it would be nice to have the option of different audio tracks on certain attractions. Similar to picking your mode of transportation on Horizons.
    But for now I will have to use my Ipod.
    DigitalDaredevil
    VMK: EpcotRay

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: