Quantcast Pop Review

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pop Review

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pop Review

Just got back from a week at Pop Century (Sep 26 - Oct 03).

First time at a value and it was quite a nice experience.

Check-in was efficient. We had done the online check-in, so it was just a matter of getting our key. We received our room key exactly 90 minutes after landing at MCO (we used Magical Express).

We were in an 80s buildings on the ground level, kinda facing the lake, on the other side (but fairly close) to the computer pool. No walk-by noise at all.

Room was efficient. We rented a fridge to keep bottled water cold and for leftovers.

Mousekeeping came around 3pm every day; would have preferred earlier in the morning, as we liked to come back to the room for a break, but they did a nice job. Left two towel animals (which we didn't notice at first cause they were on the windowsill).

We noticed the shower curtain was slightly ripped the first night, but didn't say anything, but then magically it was replaced the next day. Water pressure left something to be desired.

Toilet pressure was a little over the top, which leads to our only complaint: you could hear the toilet flushing in the room next door. Very, very annoying late at night and early in the morning.

Otherwise the room was good.

Everything Pop was just fine; never too crowded when we were there (never went to breakfast, though). We only had lunch there the day we checked in; otherwise we just picked up muffins on our way back at night for breakfast the next morning.

The giftshop was well stocked, though we were surprised there wasn't any Pop specific merchandise.

The grounds were very well maintained.

Buses were mostly efficient; just very crowded. Most mornings, for the Magic Kingdom, a bus would fill up, but another would be right behind it. We liked how the bus lines had ropes like in the theme parks; at other resorts this organization doesn't exist (at least the resorts we visited for dinners). Never waited more than 15 minutes for a bus; usually it was more like five though.

Upon check-out the guy told us no charge (we prepaid through Magical Journeys). We told him we rented a fridge and had to pay for it, but he just smiled and said, "You're all set; have a magical day." That was a nice surprise (or just a nice mistake, haha).

I'd give the place an 8/10 and would stay there again, just cause it's such a great rate.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We love POP and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. It does not matter if it is value or very expensive the best thing is you are staying on Disney Property!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had a great time!

Post Thanks / Like

Funny about the toilet pressure, it reminded me of our stay last year at All Star Movies the first time I flushed I almost had a heart attack

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at POP for the first time last year and loved it! We had previously stayed at ASmu and ASMox2. We'll be back at POP in 3 weeks! Cannot wait!!
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

We also love Pop...I will stay there again in the future but got a great deal at CSR this next trip so we will be trying that out.

Glad you had fun!!!
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

We loved the pop when we were there in april/may...it was our first time at a value too..and to be quite honest....we will be going there again for our trip next year...though we love the moderates and want to try a deluxe, we had such a great experience at the pop....why spend more. Plus this year it was fun to shop at the World of Disney with the money we saved!
    POR April/May 2007
    POR April/May 2008
    POP April/May 2009
    POR April/May 2010!!!!!!
    POR Feb/March 2011!
    POP May 2011!!!!!!!!
    POP DEC 2012
    OFF Property May 2013
    POP NOV 2013
    CSR JAN-FEB 2014 (they upgraded us from POP)
    POP MAY 14
    I love my Pens!

Post Thanks / Like

We love POP, we were there from 9/9-19th of September and it was our 4th time staying there. We requested a ground floor room facing the Hippy Dippy pool and we got it. The pool noise was just about non existant. I do agree about not enough POP orientated merchandise in the store at the resort and I do love the food court there. Glad to hear you had a pleasant experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Love Pop it is literally my home away from home lol!!!
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pop Refridgerators

i have looked everywhere on this site to see if i could find, but what does the cost of the refridgerators in the rooms rent for? And i see no mention of microwaves, do these exist?

Salisbury, Md 14 hours, 21 minutes or 903.36 miles From Disney
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Travel View Post
    We stayed at POP for the first time last year and loved it! We had previously stayed at ASmu and ASMox2. We'll be back at POP in 3 weeks! Cannot wait!!
    we Stayed at Pop last year for the first time ever as well. We loved it so much is now our Disney Home. We also will be back in 3 weeks or just shy of 3 weeks actually.
    ºoº Josette ºoº
    ~*~Next up~*~
    November 2015
    Surprise trip(Pop Century)

Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it! -Jack Skellington

Salisbury, Md 14 hours, 21 minutes or 903.36 miles From Disney
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donnak01 View Post
    i have looked everywhere on this site to see if i could find, but what does the cost of the refridgerators in the rooms rent for? And i see no mention of microwaves, do these exist?
    the fridges last known were 10 dollars a day, Don;t think you can get a microwave.I think I saw microwaves in pictures of the family suites at ASMU
    ºoº Josette ºoº
    ~*~Next up~*~
    November 2015
    Surprise trip(Pop Century)

Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it! -Jack Skellington

Post Thanks / Like

Default pop questions

we have been to disney several times, but have never stayed onsite. we found several rooms for 40-50 dollars off site, we know we will only be in our room to sleep, but are just wondering if the perks are worth the extra $. we want to spend our money on the extra things in the park, and are just curious what you think..i am not bragging, but we have a friend who works for disney and will be getting our family of 4 in free for 4 days, so we are traveling on a budget. what are your thoughts on perks vs. price, etc.?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donnak01 View Post
    we have been to disney several times, but have never stayed onsite. we found several rooms for 40-50 dollars off site, we know we will only be in our room to sleep, but are just wondering if the perks are worth the extra $. we want to spend our money on the extra things in the park, and are just curious what you think..i am not bragging, but we have a friend who works for disney and will be getting our family of 4 in free for 4 days, so we are traveling on a budget. what are your thoughts on perks vs. price, etc.?
    I def think the perks are worth the extra cost. I love WDW transportation and using ME. There's money saved right there by not renting a car or using a service. And the WDW transport is easier and closer than parking at most of the parks when you drive in or take an outside resort shuttle.
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

We love POP. We also love the All -Stars.

There are no microwaves, but there are microwaves for use in the food courts.Refrigerators are $10 a day presently.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

So glad to hear all of the good reviews about the POP. We will be staying there for a few days in December.

I am looking forward to it!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TiggerD View Post
    We love POP, we were there from 9/9-19th of September and it was our 4th time staying there. We requested a ground floor room facing the Hippy Dippy pool and we got it. The pool noise was just about non existant. I do agree about not enough POP orientated merchandise in the store at the resort and I do love the food court there. Glad to hear you had a pleasant experience.
    ....gotta' agree with the non-existent pool noise comment! We ALWAYS request ground-floor poolside in the 60's buildings...and have been accomodated 95% of the time. There's no noise and the convenience to the pool and the main hall is unbeatable. POP is a really fun place to stay!
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

We were in bldg 1 from 9/4-9/13.
    Our only complaints were the extremely low water pressure in the sink,shower had good pressure,the ice machine on our floor never worked the whole time,and that the medical refrigerator had no freezer. To keep my insulin packs frozen I had to go to luggage services for them to put in their big freezer, which I feel was an inconvenience .
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

We'll be staying at POP on our trip to the World in Nov. We had hoped to get matching POP tee shirts for a group picture. Were they even available?
    Grammie

July 1988 Disneyland
    Aug 1997 Dixie Landings
    July 2003 off site
    Dec 2004 Day trip to Epcot
    Nov 21-Dec 1, 2007 CBR
    Nov 18-28, 2009 POP
    Nov 18-26, 2016 POP

Post Thanks / Like

this will be our second time staying at the pop. (in december). we loved it last year, and looking forward to it again.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: