Quantcast POR Never again!....maybe all of Disney for that matter.... - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry your trip was so bad.

We stayed at POFQ for our honeymoon and since then have stayed at CS, All Star Sports, and Pop. POFQ was hands down our favorite, I just hope it hasnt gone down hill since then.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I find the vomit incident particularly upsetting and just flat out disgusting. Definitely write and let us know what happens. You are right to be outraged.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering, was this perhaps your first stay at a MOD? The first time we went below a delux was a scary site. We had a horrible experience but worst of all the the CMs on-site didn't seem to care or even desire to help, infact they were rude.
    I wrote a strongly worded letter to disney guest relations, and I atleast got some sort of satisfaction. I got a apologetic phone call, an assuruance that the resort manager would be made aware of the situation, and 50% of my full room rate credited back to my card. None of this could make up for the fact that this was the worst vacation of my life.
    I guess the lesson I took away from it is : It's only logical to put your better servers @ Victoria & Alberts vs. putting them at the Crystal Palace, and furthermore it's logical to put your better staff @ the hotels that cost more. It's not fair, but it's logical. We've come to love disney again, but only when we stay deluxe, which is unfortunate but that's the way it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyNut4Life View Post
    We had one instance at the pool, where a little boy about 5 or so, walked up to the pool and pulled down his pants and relieved himself! UGGG YUCK!! His father laughed and thought it was funny....GROSS
    We all got out of the pool and I called the front desk, they were apologetic, and then someone called me back to say they had checked the levels in the pool, and they were safe but we decided to stay out!
    I hate to be the one to say this, but what difference is there between the one child who does this from outside the pool and the 5,000 people per day that do it inside the pool?
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Offsite - 2000 (First with DW)
    Pop Century - April '08
    Wilderness Lodge - Jan '10
    Pop Century -1st WDW Marathon - Jan '11
    Wilderness Lodge -2nd WDW Marathon - Jan '13
    Disneyland - 1/2 and Halloween - Sep & Oct '15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_Barbie View Post
    Just wondering, was this perhaps your first stay at a MOD? The first time we went below a delux was a scary site. We had a horrible experience but worst of all the the CMs on-site didn't seem to care or even desire to help, infact they were rude.
    I wrote a strongly worded letter to disney guest relations, and I atleast got some sort of satisfaction. I got a apologetic phone call, an assuruance that the resort manager would be made aware of the situation, and 50% of my full room rate credited back to my card. None of this could make up for the fact that this was the worst vacation of my life.
    I guess the lesson I took away from it is : It's only logical to put your better servers @ Victoria & Alberts vs. putting them at the Crystal Palace, and furthermore it's logical to put your better staff @ the hotels that cost more. It's not fair, but it's logical. We've come to love disney again, but only when we stay deluxe, which is unfortunate but that's the way it is.
    Actually, there have been many here, both CMs and lay people, who have asserted that hotel staffing does not appear to work that way at the Disney resorts. That is why customer service seems to be hit or miss at any of the resorts. Customer service-wise, our stay at Pop Century exceeded our expectations, while I encountered a very rude concierge staff member at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I'd still prefer to stay at AKL over Pop, but it's not because of the level of customer service.

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

There are always going to be good and bad experiences no matter where you go or where you stay...Disney or anywhere else.

The level of overall service at WDW has significantly declined over the last 10 years. I no longer look for or expect the high level of service that used to be associated with Disney. Now I find myself pleasantly surprised if I get a "good morning" or a smile.

The main thing is that if you have any issue, bring it someones attention and also put it in writing....don't be afraid to send an email to the highest mouse on the food chain. If only use intercotees hear the complaints and no one at Disney, nothing will ever change.

Most of my stays have been great, some have been not so great...musty smelling rooms, puddles on carpets, lack of mousekeeping....we try not to let little things mess with our vacation. But hearing some of these stories...I just want to say "speak up folks and make sure those who have the power to do something, actually do something".

Ok, I'm off my soapbox and counting down to my next journey to the world Nov 17 for conference
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. We went first two weeks in Sept and stayed at POR and NEVER AGAIN! I would rather rent a home in Orlando and NOT deal with Disney. The staff was horrible, from maids walking in on us and waking us up at 8am to the resort being ratty and dirty looking. The lifeguards were downright rude. We had told the manager our kids were allergic to the room, they all broke out in rashes from whatever was on the comforters. We asked to be moved to a diff. resort. We were told this was not possible. We fixed the problem when the comforters were removed but were told they hypo allergenically cleaned the room. They did not because there was year old dust behind furniture and under the beds. There was even candy under the beds that didn't belong to us. Talk about gross! We didn't get the building we requested 6mths in advance, however, a family who booked their trip in two weeks had the building I asked for; finding that out made me livid. Bus drivers were inconsistent to where we started using our cars cause they were so rude about us bringing folded strollers onto the front/back whatever part of the bus. I really wish they could get their act together cause we are really getting tired of having bad experiences here. We will just camp cause that way we have no expectations out of their resort staffs.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thumperbug View Post
    There are always going to be good and bad experiences no matter where you go or where you stay...Disney or anywhere else.

The level of overall service at WDW has significantly declined over the last 10 years. I no longer look for or expect the high level of service that used to be associated with Disney. Now I find myself pleasantly surprised if I get a "good morning" or a smile.

The main thing is that if you have any issue, bring it someones attention and also put it in writing....don't be afraid to send an email to the highest mouse on the food chain. If only use intercotees hear the complaints and no one at Disney, nothing will ever change.

Most of my stays have been great, some have been not so great...musty smelling rooms, puddles on carpets, lack of mousekeeping....we try not to let little things mess with our vacation. But hearing some of these stories...I just want to say "speak up folks and make sure those who have the power to do something, actually do something".

Ok, I'm off my soapbox and counting down to my next journey to the world Nov 17 for conference
    I have never in my life, and ive gone on 2 vacations per year with my family since I was 5, seen so many things go wrong on a vacation as I have at Disney World. Yes you will have good experiences and bad, but I never remember my parents being so livid about food being so gross or being unhappy with a hotel room or being disappointed at the end of a trip and feeling a desire to complain. We always came home with a very warm feeling inside.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We have stayed at POR 5 or 6 times and prior to our trip last June the OPs report would have been shocking.
    But not anymore. We had requested 1st floor in Parterre Place for medical reasons (my M-I-L has very bad arthritis in her knees & another person in our group has severe asthma). Not only did we NOT get anywhere in that building, they stuck us out in the Bayou about as far away as you could get from anything. After 15 minutes of getting nowhere trying to work with the front desk CM who had very limited English language skills, I got to a supervisor that spoke perfectly good English, but had zero customer service skills. After wasting another 10 -15 minutes trying to explain why we needed to be closer I was pretty much given a "take it or leave it" choice.
    At that point my wife told me to just let it go since it was obvious that the CMs just didn't care.

We fully intended to give ourselves a week to cool off when we got home and then write a letter expressing our disappointment, but I ended up having surgery and frankly that put our poor experience into perspective and we just weren't that upset about it any more.

But you will be able ice skate on Bay Lake in July long before we ever stay at POR again...
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

That's too bad, we didn't stay at POR but did stay at POFQ and had a great experience. My wife and I both loved it there. The mousekeeping was nice, we would leave the do not disturb thing in the door cause we didn't need the room cleaned everyday and someone would call us just to make sure we didn't need anything and a different day they left a bag on the door with towels, toiletries ect. The only bad part was they were redoing all the gardens so there was some noise and mulch all over the areas they were working on but the gardens they were done with looked very nice. We will definately stay at POFQ again.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside in 2005 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. I have NO complaints whatsoever at all. It was a great stay in all areas. In fact the entire Disney trip was wonderful with the exception of a small incident that occurred at Columbia Harbour House when our food sat waiting on the counter for about 15 minutes while the CM's just kept pushing it around even though I brought it to their attention several times that it was our food. That was the one and ONLY problem we had on the trip...and a very small problem at that. I do hope our upcoming trip in April will be as enjoyable as we will be there celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary on April 12. Will let you all know how it goes.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Ooooh, some bad situations no doubt. With 11 days, I am hoping the overall stay at WDW was fun from the eats, rides, weather etc.

It seems the issues were centered around the resort and some apparently poor CM service. I would definitely consider following up with both POR and Disney to express your disappointment.

Hopefully you get some response....and I'm sending you a bit of pixiedust to hopefully bring back some of that Disney magic I'm sure you've experienced in the past.

Good luck....

March '99 - POFQ
    February '04 - WL
    February '05 - POLY
    November '05 - CB
    October '06 - POLY
    November '07 - POLY / BC
    November ' 08 - BC
    March '10 - WL
    November '10 - POR-Riverside
    November '11 - CSR

Dear departed brother Dave, he chased a bear into a cave

Post Thanks / Like

I'm shocked by some of these stories. We've stayed there twice, the last time being last December and thought it was wonderful both times. I guess it is really hit-or-miss at any resort, depending on circumstances. Our only complaint was not getting Magnolia Bend - but service is always fine. (I won't say they go over and above in any way, but we got what we paid for.) The girls at Fulton's, in particular, were very friendly and helpful about getting packages to our room, etc - and accomodating me even after I'd lost a receipt.

Post Thanks / Like

I am totally shocked by these stories as well! We stayed at POR this past summer and absolutely loved everything about it! The customer service was amazing, the rooms and grounds were very clean and beautiful. The food was great. We arrived early (about 11 am) and not only were we able to check in right away, but our room was ready as well. We had many interactions with CMs and found every single one of them extremely helpful and nice. In fact, after our stay this summer, we decided that this was going to be our resort-of-choice from now on. My only complaint was that there were not towels at the quiet pool and you had to go to the main pool to get them.

Post Thanks / Like

Been there on our last 3 trips and never had a problem. I hope our good luck continues. Honestly, very surprised to hear the bad reports.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Wow, it is sad to say, but I think the times are showing at WDW. Our trip in August to AS Mo was pretty much the same. The doors were being painted at check in and we couldn't drop off our stuff to go to the parks. The rooms were extremely dirty: I found Goldfish crackers under the bed and someone's underwear in the drawer. The pic of Toy Story was deliberately hung upside down by previous guests and complaining to the front desk did absolutely nothing. I asked for a different room and they said they were booked up. I was incredulous. Unfortunately I felt that I got what I paid for and I will not be going to a value again.
    Grovesnor Hotel 2000
    Off Property 2004
    Carribean Beach 2005
    Contemporary 2006
    Wilderness Lodge 2007
    Polynesian 2008
    Pop Century 2008
    Beach Club 2009
    All Star Movies 2009
    WDW Swan Apr. 2010
    POR Aug 2010
    Beach Club 2011
    Poly 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Default Por

Sorry to hear that you had such a bad chain of events.
    We just got back from a week at POR. Our experience was wonderful. We have stayed at POR for the last 12 years and have had a pleasant experience every time. This trip I had requested building 14 ro 18 because I have trouble with my knees. We were assigned building 80. I expalined the delema and our cast member checking us in excused herself and went in the back for a few minutes and returned to tell us we were now in building 18, the room we had last year. Wow! some Disney magic. Everyone was pleasant, the room was excellent with towel characters each morning. We will be returning next year.
    Richard L

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: