Quantcast MLB Playoffs 2009 - Page 20

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Eh ... he did fine in his last outing at Yankee Stadium. He wasn't perfect, but if he had gotten even a semblence of run support in that game he would have won it.
    And if my Aunt had different apparatus she'd be my Uncle.

Can't go by "ifs" bro.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Well ... I'm not sure that's true in this case. I mean Pedro pitched well. That's the point I was trying to make. Whether or not he got run support really isn't relevant to how he pitched. I was just mentioning that as an ancillary point to expound on his 0-1 record.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you were saying.

CC gives up 4 hits and 2 runs in 7 innings in game one and you said he was "off"

Pedro gives up 6 hits and 3 runs in 6 innings in game two and you say he pitched "well".

Bottom line...he lost.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Yeah but dude ... you're comparing apples and oranges again! CC is your ace. Pedro is our third starter. You basically just proved my point.

What you expect out of CC and what we expect out of Pedro are two totally different things.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Actually...in this series he's your second starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Actually...in this series he's your second starter.
    Okay Mr. Hair Splitter ... He was our fourth starter during the regular season, so I'll split the difference with you and be right.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I have been following this "discussion", and am neither a diehard Yankee or Phillies, but in all sincerity, hope the Yanks get spanked in the next two games. I am really getting sick of all the excuses which are made for anything the Yanks do or don't do. The Yanks are the best team money can buy (?), and that reason alone is enough for me.

GO PHILLIES!!
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

In regular season 9 starts he was 5-1 (.833 win %) with a 3.63 ERA, 37 strikeouts and only 8 walks. In the two post season starts, he's 0-1 in two starts (because he got no run support) with a 2.08 ERA, 11 strikeouts and 2 walks.

By contrast, in 32 starts this regular season, Pettitte was 14-8 (.636 win %) with a 3.91 ERA, 148 strikeouts and 76 walks. In the three post season starts, he's 3-0 with a 3.24 ERA, 15 strikeouts and 5 walks.
    Thanks for the stats. Any free time on hand?

Post season pitching is all about the strikeouts and walks. Those who can strikeout batters and not walk anyone are going to be your successful pitchers.

Both these guys tonite ave. about 5 K's <2 walks per game. When a pitcher can get somebody out without having a ball put in play is key. Conversely we have seen in this series when you walk somone they will score. (most times)

Now as a batter going into this game the scouting reports will show that and you will know to expect alot of strikes so be ready to swing, b/c the ball will be around the plate. That is where the "pitching" comes into play on how they set different batters up with the pitch that will ultimately get them out. The OUT pitch is needed. In order to get there they need to throw strike 1 on pitch 1. That is why getting ahead early in the count makes a big difference.

Still looks to be a great game. Can't wait for tonight.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

What you expect out of CC and what we expect out of Pedro are two totally different things.
    That's funny...I thought we both expected a win out of our starting pitchers.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    That's funny...I thought we both expected a win out of our starting pitchers.
    Come on, bro. Now you're just being ridiculous. I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Aw c'mon now Ian...one you know I'm yanking (no pun intended) your chain, and two you know that you and dignity don't belong within a country mile of each other.

Post Thanks / Like

NY Yankees

(this is not sarcasm)
    Philly, thanks for working so hard to get to the series, you put quite a scare into many ny fans. you played well.

Also thanks to everyone here for making this posting as fun as it has been.

I really like these fan forums

Post Thanks / Like

GODZILLA!!!! I know the Japanese are going crazy today.

Congrats to the Yanks! I have a very happy 9 year old this morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

They should be going crazy! Godzilla had a ... err ... monster of a game. Not to mention MVP.

Hey what can I say, man. Someone forgot to mention to the Phillies there was a game tonight. I mean, who knew Pedro was Japanese? He must be, though, because Hideki Matusi is definitely his Daddy!

The Phillies couldn't buy a clutch hit last night, I thought Manuel made some questionable managerial decisions, and the Yankees were just all over it. They're a really, really talented ball club.

So my hat's off to them. We'll get ya next year!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Very good series.

Godzilla did issue a "beatdown". Congrats to the Yanks. Are they going to resign Matsui? That may be a dumb question, but being a Brewers fan, we are used to high performers leaving.
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

I mean, who knew Pedro was Japanese? He must be, though, because Hideki Matusi is definitely his Daddy!

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes, the better team actually does win..Phils need at least one more starter, a little more pop from 3rd base, a right handed bat off the bench.

Congrats to the Yankees, they were the best team all year. Congrats to the Phils for at the very least getting back to have the chance to defend their WS title.

I have to admit, slightly off point here...it was pretty strange watch a Christmas commerical during the World Series.
    Jerry

"I only hope we never lose sight of one thing..that it was all started by a mouse."--Walt Disney

Our favorite trip...the NEXT one!

Post Thanks / Like

The Yankees played an awesome series. I was so glad to see them win at home.

I honestly do believe they didn't really try that hard during game 5, and wanted to finish up back at home. It would have been no fun to win in a stadium filled with fans that hated them so much.

Matsui was incredible last night. And, of course, Mo rocked as usual. I love how they play Enter Sandman every time he takes the field.

Congrats Yankees!!!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to the Yankees. It just goes to show that 162 game regular season will have its ups and downs. Remember those $2000 seats that were empty to start the season when the Yanks were terrible? Enjoy the ticker tape parade and heroes welcome for your team b/c ticket prices just went up.
    Happy for A-rod actually having a ba this post season. Now he can leave NY when his contract is up w/ a ring. Jeter was the reason I was pulling for this team (along w/ Posada, Rivera, and Pettite) these guys can actually close their careers soon and be remembered for this series not 2001.
    Can't wait 'til next year when the Cubs finally win it!!
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Missy_Mouses_Dad View Post
    Very good series.

Godzilla did issue a "beatdown". Congrats to the Yanks. Are they going to resign Matsui? That may be a dumb question, but being a Brewers fan, we are used to high performers leaving.
    They're saying that Damon will be resigned but not Matsui. I hope they reconsider. Zilla's been one of my favorite players since he joined the team.

It was a great series, and the Phillies were never out of any game. Even last night I was worried when Howard parked one.

Hats off to the them and their fans. Let's hope for a rematch next season!

Wow...first my Pens win the Cup and then my Yanks take the Series. If only the Dolphins were good enough to win the Bowl, I'd never have to watch sports again cause it would never be this good!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: