Quantcast Best Scooter company to rent from

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Scooter company to rent from

MIL needs Scooter and looking for a company that someone can recommend. I imagine they all charge just about the same prices, so I would like some personal feedback, thanks!
    2012 MNSSHP
    2012 Tokyo Disneyland
    2012 Hong Kong Disneyland
    2012 WDW
    2011 Disneyland
    2011 WLV
    2009 WLV
    2007 SSV
    2005 WLV & AKL
    2003 Beach Club Villas/Grand Floridian
    2002 Wilderness Lodge
    2001 Dixie Landings
    2000 All Star Resort
    1999 Disneyland
    1998 Caribbean Beach

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've moved this thread over to the Guests with Special Needs forum, so you'll get more advice and reports.

We've rented from Buena Vista Scooter for my mom and were quite happy with it. The price was decent, it was waiting for her when we arrived at the resort, we had no issues with it all week and she just dropped it back off at bell services. We'll use them again.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We called Walker Mobility. They also deliver and pick-up at your resort. They have a much better weekly rate than Disney.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Here's my list in order of if I'd use them again:
    1) Walker Mobility - not the cheapest, but the best customer service, insurance available, and very new equipment
    2) Scootarama - least expensive, but didn't like the fact that their daily prices went 24 hours starting at 9 or 10 AM with no flexiblity. (We didn't arrive at or depart from WDW until 3PM and to keep the ECV for the full 24 hour period I would have had to pay for another full day. Other companies ask what time you need the ECV and you have until the same time the day of check out.)
    3) Care Medical Equipment - They were OK but their ECVs that I got and saw around the parks were very worn and beat up looking and they didn't run as well as the others.
    I now own my ECV and the cost of buying it was no more than what I've paid to rental companies renting them over 4 trips.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Scooter company to rent from

I have tried several and the best for us is Buena Vista Scooters. They deliver right to your resort and the scooter is there waiting for us when we arrive.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't used them myself, but I have heard people say good things about Apple Scooters. They have also been reported as the cheapest.
    Can I go "home" yet?
    Mickey where are you?

Post Thanks / Like

i've used Walker and Randy's Mobility.
    Walker was really nice...scooters were fine...I did run out of power one day and he came out and replaced the battery, but it toook a while...but other than that, no problem...they have access to the park, so if you need to, they can get in the park and fix it if you need to.

Randy's Mobility was awesome. It was much cheaper than Walker...for 9 days it was about $240 and Walker was over 300.
    the customer service at Randy's was awesome. they only deliver up until 5pm, and unlike wwalker will not just leave the evc at the resort, you have to be there to sign for it. We were arriving at 7pm, and Randy himself came out at 7 to give us the evc. The evc at randy's were kind of old, and worn out, but i'm not a princess, ha. as long as it ran i'm good....we had one day it broke down, i called and they couldn't access the park, so we had to push it to the entrance where one of their techs met us at 10pm and fixed it right there....

both were really good, but i'd go w/ randy's moblity becasue of their customer service, and the huge differnce in price...

having said that, when i go back in December we're using Apple. Just becasue it's even cheaper than Randy's. I'm getting 10 days and 9 nights for $219...so far the customer service has been unbelievable. I've only talked to them, but they say they have access to the park, and that all their scooters are 2009 models.

so i hope this helps a little.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

I used Apple for myself last month.
    I am a 300 lb guy and it held up well.
    I did the research and found Apple to be the best value,cost around $203 for 10 nites. They gave me the HD model for the price of a standard.
    Heard a load of complaints about Walker, breakdowns and lousy service.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I used Buena Vista Scooters in June. I had just recently torn my Achilles tendon so there was NO way I could do all that walking. The scooter was waiting for me on arrival. I had NO problems with this company. I will be using them again in 9 days as I just had a cervial fusion 12 weeks ago and am still weak from that.
    A dream is a wish your heart makes...

1980 - 1 day
    1985 - 1 day
    1987 - Christmas Trip - 4 days
    1998 - 7 days offsite
    2000 - 7 days offsite
    2003 - 8 days ASM (adoption celebration)
    2009 - 10 days ASM
    2009 - 7 days CB (adoption celebration)
    2013 - 7 days AoA (family reunion)

Salisbury, Md 14 hours, 21 minutes or 903.36 miles From Disney
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    i've used Walker and Randy's Mobility.
    Walker was really nice...scooters were fine...I did run out of power one day and he came out and replaced the battery, but it toook a while...but other than that, no problem...they have access to the park, so if you need to, they can get in the park and fix it if you need to.

Randy's Mobility was awesome. It was much cheaper than Walker...for 9 days it was about $240 and Walker was over 300.
    the customer service at Randy's was awesome. they only deliver up until 5pm, and unlike wwalker will not just leave the evc at the resort, you have to be there to sign for it. We were arriving at 7pm, and Randy himself came out at 7 to give us the evc. The evc at randy's were kind of old, and worn out, but i'm not a princess, ha. as long as it ran i'm good....we had one day it broke down, i called and they couldn't access the park, so we had to push it to the entrance where one of their techs met us at 10pm and fixed it right there....

both were really good, but i'd go w/ randy's moblity becasue of their customer service, and the huge differnce in price...

having said that, when i go back in December we're using Apple. Just becasue it's even cheaper than Randy's. I'm getting 10 days and 9 nights for $219...so far the customer service has been unbelievable. I've only talked to them, but they say they have access to the park, and that all their scooters are 2009 models.

so i hope this helps a little.
    I just used apple for 3 days and they were awesome. delivered it right to me gave me their card for 24 hour service if needed. and the scooter was a newer model. they also include the insurance into their rental price. where some of the others it is an extra fee.
    șoș Josette șoș
    ~*~Next up~*~
    November 2015
    Surprise trip(Pop Century)

Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it! -Jack Skellington

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

We have only rented from Randy's and we are definitely going with them again (already have the ressies). It turned out that my sister fractured her ankle shortly before our trip and we had to add on another chair. They were wonderful to work with and the cheapest we found (other than Apple). The chairs worked great but they brought us two different models. One of them was a lot bigger and we had trouble with the buses. We called and the next day they brought out a second one of the smaller ones for us. Another benefit we found was the smaller battery chargers. We could carry them around in the basket if necessary. I saw some from Walker that were the size of a car battery! The chairs didn't give us any problems. We are not good drivers (to say the least!) and after six days were still hitting things trying to get on the bus--I think it was just us since others adjusted rather quickly but the bus drivers were super patient and helpful. However, the basket on my mom's chair was bent all out of shape from a run-in with a seat. She was worried but when we met the guy to pick them up he just shrugged it off and said if that was the only problem/damage they were getting off easy. Many people in the parks and on buses asked us where we had gotten the ECVs and we always recommended Randy's.
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

We used Walker Mobility last trip and they were FANTASTIC.

This trip we are staying on-site and the convenience of having Buena Vista Scooters on the property made us switch.

Both were very helpful on the phone and had comperable equipment and prices.
    Me - Randy - 46 (Wheelchair User & ADA Expert) DW - Chris - 40 DS - Alex - 12 DD - Reagan - 6

DVC Members since 12/31/09 !!! (BLT)
    October 2006 - Offsite --Dec 2009 - Xmas - BLT -- Oct 2010 BLT

Disability is the only minority that anyone can join at anytime....Access is good for Everyone !

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: