Quantcast Our Birthday Grand Gathering in the Rain Pt 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our Birthday Grand Gathering in the Rain Pt 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now we are set. The resort ressies are made, Yay. We just need to plan our days and our meals. That is when I checked the resorts on the Disney website and realized that 6 adults and 3 boys (two of which are over 6 foot and the other 5 feet) could not sleep in double beds and and trundle. (I'm the shortest and I would get the trundle. YCH. I found the resort of resorts. CSR. New rennovations, new queen sized beds. Who could ask for more. Ok, so now once again we are set. Kinda.

We knew we would arrive Saturday afternoon, get to the resort in time to turn around and go to MCO to pick up the out of state group. Remember it is a surprise for DD one. She had no idea we were going to be there.

So we planned on MK Saturday night, MK Sunday, AK Monday, Epcot Tuesday, MGM (sorry) Wednesday, Epcot Thursday and Friday where anybody wanted to go.

Our meals chosen were Chef Mickey's Sunday evening, Ohana breakfast Tuesday (the actual day of the birthday son in law), Planet Hollywood lunch on Wednesday and Hollywood and Vine with Fantasmic on Thursday.

So since I have already changed resorts would we be able to keep the rest of the plans made?

We are getting close to our deadline now and I don't know if any of you have ever flown Allegiant Air but they charge for checked bags. We thought the six of us could get by with 2 checked and 4 carryons. Well let me tell you. You can't. We have a brand new terminal in our fair city and it is like a stones throw from our house. So one morning DD two was going to work and I didn't go in till 10 that morning so we decide we would take our carry-ons to the airport to be sure they fit in the basket provided. Not a one of them fit. So I get home call the airline and pay for 2 more bags. If you pay when at the airport is like double the fee. So now we have 4 checked and 4 smaller carry-ons.

DD two has all of her laundry done and keeping things stashed so her family won't use it up again. Lucky me I keep throwing things on the spare bed.

We had received some dining coupons from the cruise line back in December at various restaraunts so I get the big idea to cash them in for a couple of places in Orlando. So I do one for BB Kings. Spend $100 get $50 off.

All of our paperwork came to my house. So I overnight the package to the out of state group so DD one's DH can surprise DD one anyway he wants for her birthday. And I keep the other two packages.

DD one's birthday is on Thursday May 21 and her DH chose to tell her on that day they were going to Disney on Saturday. She was totally surprised because I had been telling her she was going camping for the past 2 weeks. Her 10 yo son told her they were going to San Diego. Who knows where he came up with that because he didn't have a clue.

DD two and her hubby were driving around one day and DD one called her to talk. Her DH knew he was going on vacation that week but thought we were all going to DD one's for the week. He shouts out "I'm in vacation mode" and DD one says what is he talking about. DD two told him to shut up he was too loud and told Dear Sis he was having an out of body experience and ignore him.

Now I have informed you before how close I am to my daughters. The one that lives blocks from me and I are together at least 5 times a week. We text or call the daughter out of state every day. Saturdays are girls day out for DD two and my sis-in-law and a mutual friend we have. So our plane DD one a reason we can't talk to her this morning.

Friday night before we leave I cook dinner for the six of us and we make plans to leave around 8 am for our long drive out of state.

DH and get up around 6 and I finish packing. We need to be at the airport at 8:30. This is a 3 minute drive for us. If we would cut through the field we could walk it.

DD two wakes up at 5:15 and stares at her DH till 6:15 and can't stand it any longer. She wakes him up with those famous words. "Get up, we are going to Disney World." Oh happy day. They shower and get ready then get their boys up to get them ready. DGS two didn't believe them whatsoever. Of course DGS one already knew.

We end up having to go to DD two's house to help them pack luggage in our car as DGS one has taken over their home car (they have 2 work cars) and he has a huge Boom Box in the trunk. This was the first that her DH knew we were going too.

We arrive at the airport on time and go to the counter. Guess who had 2 bags over 50 pounds. Yes, right there in the middle of everything we are unpacking and repacking luggage. Don't ya know everyone loved us. DGS two got picked for the full body search. Too funny. You have to be 15 and his birthday had just been 2 weeks before. He had to dig out his driver permit to prove his age.

We get all checked and now waiting for boarding. I send a text to DD one to let her know that we were all going for massages and would be tied up for a couple of hours or so. I knew what time she was leaving on Saturday and of course where they were going. I was such a good actor and liar.

We have an uneventful trip to the Sanford airport and arrive around 1:15. It was raining on arrival and continued throughout the day.

We head out to find food and groceries. We are starving since our new terminal doesn't have much food so not a lot of breakfast.

We drove and finally found a Chili's. Not our favorite but there was a grocery store near by. Then lo and behold in the same parking lot was a Firehouse Sub. Now I don't know if any of you had had there food, but let me tell you DELISH!! We don't have one in our area but always looking for one.

So after a yummy meal (the two boys had 2 large sandwiches. Oink, Oink) we head off to the grocery store for snacks, beer and water. We do know our priorities.

Finally we arrive at CSR. By now it is 4:00 and we have to be back to MCO by 7:30. So we get all checked in. Those wonderful CM's put us in Cabanas 8A. Three rooms in a row. DD one, us and DD two.

Lucky me, I get the corner room with two windows. The rooms are just great and not one picture do I have. My DH has it all on video. We were practically across from the Big Dig. The kids all love that.

I fell the Monday before we left as I was taking trash out to the curb, carrying the bag in front of me. Almost to the trash can and the bag splits open from the bottom. I trip on the trash and BOOM I am down like soft butter all over the drive. First landing on my knees (losing my shoes) then my hands then knowing my face was next I turn to the left so only my right side gets it. (Aren't I the brilliant one?) So one black eye, concrete burn on cheek and forhead I manage to pick up the trash, find my shoes and stumble into the house to see the damage. Yes, I am a faller. I have now fallen 4 times this past month. 3 years ago I fell on the concrete in front of the building where I work and blackened the left eye. At the lake in June I was jumping off the boat and jabbed my thumbnail in my right eye and blackened it again.

What are we going to do with klutzy me?

We had arrived at CSR and unpacked. The kids went and checked out the pool and the rains continued. Not just a sprinkle but a downpour. They had told us at the airport they had had 12 inches of rain in the past 3 weeks. How much more could we add to the week?

I have texted to DD one numerous times during the day and gave her a bunch of fluff of how nice the massages were and where we ate lunch (of course I said her favorite place), she was jealous. She informed me her plane was late so they wouldn't get out till 5:00 pm. Arrival time was to be 7:30.

It is now 6:45 and we need to head to MCO to pick up DD one and her group but first we need to make a sign. Sorry no picture but it says Welcome _____ family. And has Mickey ears on it. We park the cars and head into the baggage claim area.

We checked the boards and they said their flight was delayed so we sat and took it easy for awhile.

About 7:45 they stated their plane was on the ground. It was so late they wouldn't let them pull into the gate because another plane that arrived on time got it. They finally start to unload at 8:10. We sent DGS one up to the tram area to take a picture. The idea was to im the picture to them and she would see it and try to figure out what was going on.

Silly DD one forgot to turn her phone back on so didn't get the picture till later. So they come down the escalator and DGS two is holding the sign and DGS three sees it and yells "Hey Mom it is ______". She says don't be silly. So again he yells " It is ______ and Aunt ______ and they are holding a sign."

So by 8:30 after the hugging and kissing and surpise factors we get luggage and head to the cars. We are all starving at this point so we get out the trusty GPS and find a Golden Corral. By the time we get done eating it has started pouring again We get back to to CSR to unload luggage and hit MK. Remember Commando DD two is on a mission to get to a park TODAY! And it quit raining. Luckily they have EMH till midnight. By this time DD two's DH was too tired to go so just the other 8 of us head over.

Would you believe not a one of us took a camera and we could not locate one photopass person.

Spectro was going on so we cut through the crowd and get to POTC. No line whatsoever. Lucky us. We are on a ride at MK. Finally. After this was over we head to our next favorite ride HM. Again no line. We were on a roll.

By now it is 11:30 and the day is starting to hit all of us. DD one still had all of her unpacking to do and I had a book that needed a read. We head back to CSR to start again another day.
    Ginny

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be far more likely to head to bed than to a park at the end of such a day! Glad to hear everyone met up and are where they are supposed to be!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Great reporting, & co-ordinating!
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR
    DL 1971 to now - too many times to count, DL AP holder & Disney stockholder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    I would be far more likely to head to bed than to a park at the end of such a day! Glad to hear everyone met up and are where they are supposed to be!
    My commando daughter would have had a major meltdown if we had not made it that night. I admit, I would have too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicster View Post
    Great reporting, & co-ordinating!
    It was a lot of effort keeping secrets. We saw the out of state daughter probably 4 times before we left and we chat/text everyday. I was amazed I could keep my big mouth shut.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBrad View Post
    Thanks for reading. The next update actually has pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Love that you went to a park at night, after a full day of travel!

Great report!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls View Post
    Love that you went to a park at night, after a full day of travel!

Great report!

Julie
    I can't imagine being there and not getting to the park. It was such a magical time. And since DD one's DH and son had not been it was a good start to their trip. Get a taste of what was to come.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR