Quantcast BCV bad review??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default BCV bad review??

We are staying at BCV for the first time in May and was reading in the "unoffical guide" book about the villas. They don't really seam to give it a very good review. It says that you can find nicer and quieter accommodations elsewhere in Disney. The location leaves much to be desired because its situated between parking lots, noisey roads and canals. Did I make the right choice in staying there? I did it because of the location near EPCOT and DHS. What would be the quietest part with the best view?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed there a few times and it's very nice. In fact, it's probably the hardest DVC property to get into. It's always booked. The location, along with the exclusive Storm-a-long Bay pool complex make it very awesome. I wouldn't worry. As far as noise I have never found it to be noisy. I can't recommend any particular section but maybe someone will be along shortly with more insight on that.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bcv

You're gonna love it there. Only noise I heard was my wife snoring after a long day at Epcot.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

I'm at BCV right now!

We're in a 1-BR on the 5th floor on the Epcot side. It's quiet and we get to watch the fireworks every night.

BCV has a great location and Stormalong Bay!
    DVC Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default BCV bad review??

Location is actually one of the best features while staying at BC. I have never found it to be noisy.

Post Thanks / Like

We have never had a problem with noise at BCV. The rooms facing Epcot also face the loop road (Epcot Resorts Blvd) that provides access to Booardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan, Dolphin and Fantasia Gardens mini-golf. Traffic is pretty light - it is not a road day guests would use.
    WDW Visitor since 1973, DVC member since 2000

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at BCV several times and never had any noise issues. I agree with the previous posters - Stormalong Bay, the location and the ambience all make BCV a great resort!
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

We've never had any problems at BCV except for one night when the people in the room next door got very loud at 1am! But that can happen at ANY resort.
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I know people who stay at BCV every year.

southern Indiana - 16 hours away from paradise
    Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at BCV for the first time this summer and LOVED it. At first we thought we would be disappointed in the location of our room. (We always drive and had requested a room near the parking lot which we didn't get...THANK GOODNESS) We loved our room...We could see Epcot fireworks from our balcony and it was amazing! The location to Epcot is awesome and Stormalong Bay can't be beat. We didn't have any trouble with noise.
    I think you will love BCV and you made a great choice. Have a great time!
    °0° Lori °0°
    '13--Pop and BCV
    '12--Pop and OKW
    '11--POR and AKV/BLT
    '10--POR
    '09--Pop and BCV -- Our first trip "home"
    '08--Pop and Poly-1st P&PP
    '07--Pop Century - 1st MNSSHP
    '07--ASMu--First family trip
    Many, many trips as a child with my parents

Post Thanks / Like

It was my second favorite resort second only to the Grand Floridian when I stayed there in January 2008. The location is prime. You can take a boat to the Studios. Walk right into EPCOT and take a monorail to MK (if you want to walk through EPCOT to catch it). Plus you get Stormalong Bay use and have a quick walk to the Boardwalk. I don't think you can get a better location in all of WDW.

In terms of noise, you either overlook a nice garden or EPCOT over an access road. We overlooked EPCOT. Occasionally a truck would come down the access road and make a little noise but it wasn't too bad. I think you'll enjoy it.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

While I'm sure the 'unofficial guide' has some good tidbits for you, I'm confident that a very large majority of familes who stay at BCV will disagree with their generalization. No place is perfect, but BCV is amazing. The location is a positive at BCV, not a negative. It is not noisy, but is actually quite peaceful and relaxing. I feel very confident you will enjoy your stay there. Have a wonderful trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Thanx post above. While there is no way 100% of the people will agree on anything, BVC is awesome and we don't want to even try anyplace else. We've stayed there a few times and have no issues to complain about. Location, Stormalong Bay, decor, etc. are all perfect. I'm surprised by that review because everyone we talk to loves it. To each his own I guess.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with all the positive comments. Also do not forget about the private quiet pool by the villa. Great after a long day.
    Restaurants of the Beach Club and Yacht Club are all very good. Character dining at Cape May. You may want to look at the Captains Grill in the Yacht Club which is very good.
    And who could pass up Beaches N Cream?
    Only problem is that the theme parks seem to get in the way of all of the time you will want to spend at the resort
    A dream is a wish your heart makes!

Post Thanks / Like

BCV rocks. Awesome resort, you won't be disappointed.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: