Quantcast Disney World?? NEVER AGAIN!!! Oct.26th-30th

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney World?? NEVER AGAIN!!! Oct.26th-30th

Just Kidding!! A little "trick" for Halloween!

Sorry If I ramble on some during this report,but Ill try to stick to details and finish with thoughts and observations.
    We (Michelle and I) checked into our room at CSR at around 11:30am,unpacked,grabbed some ice,and took the walk to the El Centro bus stop. Our room was in Ranchos, all the way in the back,(perfect for us!!), quiet, and 40 yds away was our regular bus stop #2.
    We renewed our seasonal passes and loaded up our F&W gift cards at EPCOT. I went and picked up some FPs for Soarin, while Michelle checked out the pin area. Quick stop at Club Cool, then F$W Fest!! Ate around the world showcase (and I mean EAT!!) with stops for rides in Mexico(tequilla bar looked cool), and Norway with the film, stopped in Italy for the Sergio show,more sampling,and more sampling,an Off Kilter set, more sampling, then rode our Soarin FP and a trip on Spaceship Earth. Left at around 5:45 and got back to the room at around 6:30. Early to bed tonight right after catching the higher fireworks from Illuminations from our front balcony.
    We were at the Pepper Market at 7:00 for a very good french toast breakfast. On the bus and back at EPCOT right at 8:00. Soarin again, and more FPs,Sum of All Thrills, TT,MS,and also saw the Storm show in Innovations. Great lunch at Le Ceillier, then a ride on Figment and Honey I Shrunk show. We split up at this point so Michelle could shop and I could pack on a few more pounds around WS! Before meeting back with Michelle I caught another 2 sets of Off Kilter, rode TT, spent some time in the Living Seas looking at the tarpon and snapper(love doing this!!),sampled a lot more and enjoyed quite a few ! When I met up with Michelle she said she was getting tired, but saw I was not nearly ready to go back yet, so she said she would meet me back in the room. I grabbed a special Festival beer and caught two sets of Boyz to Men, ate more..............and more...........oh and some more, one more ride on Soarin (FP), then headed back to CSR. I got back to the room around 8:45. Long shower felt wonderful, Michelle said I was asleep as soon as I hit the pillow. Man!!! What an AWESOME day!!
    Wend. the 28th was a "rest" day. We ordered room service for breakfast. Omelets and bagels, and bacon. Very good again with typical room service prices. We had massages scheduled for noon. Wow!! That was a nice "extra" for this trip. After the rubdowns, I revealed to Michelle that I had also set her up with a full facial and manicure and pedicure. Yes, she was thrilled!! I told her I would meet her back in the room around 5:00. She did not even have to ask me what I was going to do. I headed right to EPCOT for an Off Kilter set,some, and more sampling!! I hopped the boat to DHS and took 2 rides each on ToT and then RnRC. I grabbed another cold beer and watched the street performers and other guests having fun. I stopped in at the jewelery store and picked up some nice stocking stuffer Mickey earrings for Michelle for X-Mas, then headed back. I got back to the room by 5:00. Showered up, and we had a fairly early dinner at Pepper Market. I had the ribs, and Michelle had a Mexican type pork platter. Both again very good. Oh yes............cheesecake for dessert. Fantastic!!!!!! Nice stroll back to the room,I didn't make the room firework show (asleep fast again!), but Michelle did.
    At Pepper Market again right at 7:00. Michelle had a breakfast platter and I had a ham and cheese omelet with hash browns and extra sausage. Again, very,very good.

I have to interrupt here.......lunch at Le Cellier the other day was bowls of chedder cheese soup and steak burgers. The lunch was simply stated.... Amazing. (and No my cardiologist will not hear about this trip)!

We arrived at MK right during the pre show at 8:00. We rode Buzz twice,TTA,Pooh,Philharmagic,Hm,Splash Mountain,BTMRR,watched the Dreams show,Hall of Presidents (Excellent rennovation...........really well done........the entire show!!),ate lunch,and shopped briefly. We were back at the room by 12:30!! Michelle took a nap while I visited the pool bar. After a couple hours I checked on Michelle. She was up, but really didnt feel like trying to keep up with me on a last night at the parks. So she did some shopping at DTD and well I went..............to another OFF Kilter set, some,some sampling, a trip on O' Canada, TT, a trip to the festival center to pick up a few bottles of wine for a co-worker,some more sampling,a few more, a John Waite set, ONE more lobster and scallop pie, and then a tradition of mine........... a Grand Marnier slush(sp?) and finish the day with Illuminations! I let the crowd thin some, then took a slow stroll out of EPCOT. Sorry guys.............but that was a killer day! I got back to the room at around 10:15. I chatted with Michelle about our travels for a while and showered up. When I came out she was asleep so I went outside for a while and just enjoyed the slight sounds of the resort and reflected on just how blessed I am.
    We slept in a little the next morning. I sadly packed the car, and we made the 2.5 hr drive home. Trip over. Bummer.

Thoughts and Observations: CSR was awesome! New rooms were great. Pepper Market good as always I think. Much better than a regular food court. Mousekeeping was just fine. All staff was outstanding!
    Crowds were fine all week. (as you can tell by the days events).
    Again this year the F&W was awesome! Words cant explain the fun I had! Yes, it can get pricey to go all out with it (we did the Party for the Senses last year),but I love it.
    Every single CM encountered was awesome. I always give them high comments and thank-yous while I am there. No, not all of them bowed down to me while I was there, but what do you want?? Again 100% perfection. Yes, 100% perfection!!!!
    Yes, Space Mountain was down..........still. So what?? If you can run out of different and new things to do at WDW you must live on Main Street USA!!
    I wrote in my pre trip report that with all the negatives being said on this site lately that I would be very critical. I felt I was. I found absolutely nothing wrong with anything. Yes, a few buses took a little longer than others, yes my pass price went up,yes it was hot, yes some rides went down, but nothing wrong at all with WDW from my point. Worth every penny. I go to WDW multiple times a year to get away from "reality". I feel so fortunate to be able to visit as often as I do, as well as enjoy other passions in life (plus wonderful friends and family). The fact is that WDW is operated by reality, prices will go up,cutbacks made,rides down,rainy days,problems,etc...... I always remember that soldiers are dying around the world to protect myself and family so we may enjoy moments like Disney vacations. God Bless America!!!:mickey

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovely trip! Thanks for the report! It certainly seems that good food was abundant during your trip! Coronado Springs is a real favorite of mine! Glad you enjoyed it!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! What an uplifting report! Seeing the mouse in 29 days and can't wait. Nothing about Disney gets me down, though I am a Pollyanna at heart and always look for the best

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for such a positive report. I loved how you just made your own fun!
    Wanted to let you know you are an inspiration. I made a copy of the last couple of paragraphs of your review and will place your inspiring words at the front of my travel planning documents. They will remind me how fortunate I am to be on vacation at WDW with my husband and college age son at Christmas time, and to not let the little negative things get in the way of having a magical time together.

Nancy
    June 29-July 5th-Shades of Green
    Sep 2013-Port Orleans FQ
    Dec 2010 Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 Pop Century
    Sep 2008 POFQ
    Sep 2006 POFQ
    SOG Dec 2006
    April 2002 All Star
    May 1998 SOG
    June 1993 POFQ
    Disneyland-numerous times since 1966 (Last time-Jul 2012)

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great trip! I'll bet your shoes are tired!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Great post!
    I'm so glad you had a wonderful time! Your last paragraph of words are inspiring and sooo true!

God Bless!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Boy it sounds like the food at the Food and Wine Festival must have been horrible,Huh ???? J/K!!!!!!

Glad that you had so much fun on your trip. We are going down next Oct. and I can hardly wait to try the festival, it sounds like we're definitley in for some culinary treats. The only thing I didn't understand was about the gift cards you mentioned for it, do you need a special card to pay for the festival foods?
    April 2015 - CSR
    May 2013 CSR
    December 2011 Bay Lake Towers
    May 2009 off site
    November 2007 off site
    December 2004 off site
    October 2003 off site
    Feburary 2002 Poly
    December 2000 CBR
    October 1999 CSR
    October 1994 off site
    May 1990 off site
    May 1984 off site
    November 1979 off site

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Great report! You sound like my kind of people with all the Epcot and time. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us.
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like it was a great trip!!!
    thank you for sharing it with us..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had such a wonderful, magical trip! It was all good, and I LOVE to hear that!

Thanks for sharing your fun time!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

If I didn't know any better, I would say that was me writing a trip report! I pretty much do the same thing with my wife. Isn't it great when they want to take a nap and tell you to "Stay and have a good time". Drinking a while watching Off Kilter is the best. Next time your at DHS, get a and check out Mulch Sweat and Shears. Even our drive time is the same from Ft. Lauderdale!! Great report!
    76-09 Passholders
    1995-Grad Night
    2005-CSR-2x, POR-2x
    2006-POR, Swan-3x
    2007-Swan-3x, Dolphin-2x, FW-2x
    2008-Swan-2x (married there!) Dolphin, AS-Music, CSR, CBR, Pop, Gaylord Palms
    2009-CBR, AKL Villas, Omni, SSR,Dolphin
    2010-POP-2x, CBR, FW, Dolphin
    Upcoming Jan 2011'POP

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, you got me with your title! I thought there was no way you guys were going to have a bad trip. I'm glad I was right! What a wonderful experience all around - thanks for sharing!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like an amazing trip! I wish I could go for the food & wine once.

Back to reality now and the treadmill!
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Offsite - 2000 (First with DW)
    Pop Century - April '08
    Wilderness Lodge - Jan '10
    Pop Century -1st WDW Marathon - Jan '11
    Wilderness Lodge -2nd WDW Marathon - Jan '13
    Disneyland - 1/2 and Halloween - Sep & Oct '15

Post Thanks / Like

Anything that ever goes wrong with my trip, usually can't be blamed on Disney- but most of the rights can be.

What a great trip. Sounds almost perfect to me!
    Jackie Mouse

Return Offender since 1982!
    Stayed at: CBR, POR, CSR, CR, Poly, ASMo
    Tri-annually in 2010 & 2011... Is that a word?

Next Visit: August 2011
    On Deck: January 2012 if I can make it that long that is...*o*

Post Thanks / Like

Great report!!

We were there the same time as you and I have to say I feel the same way...although CSR was not my fav...there is nothing worng with the resort. I loved the staff, great food, wonderful rooms, beautiful resort. What more could we ask for???

I too am just amazed with WDW, the level of detail that they put into each thing that they do will always amaze me!!! For example, I was telling my husband all week how I cannot believe how organized they are with their rides and lines and character greetings. Nothing at Disney is done without a TON of thought!!!

Way to go Disney!
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."