Quantcast Teppan Edo vs. Biergarten

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Teppan Edo vs. Biergarten

I had a ADR for Teppan Edo for April. Since hearing it may not be a DDP participant in 2010 I decided to see what else was available.

Biergarten is available for the evening in question. We have never been to either restaurant, but do have a fairly good hibachi steakhouse near us we love. We also have a German restaurant that I have never been too as not to sure if I would like German food enough to go.

Biergarten seems like a lot of fun with a lot of choice on the buffet plus the entertainment. For those of you who have been to both, which did you prefer and why?

Thanks.

Karyn
    CBR (Martinique Bldg 25): April 2006
    CBR (Jamaica Bldg 45): October 2007
    POR (Alligator Bayou 18): March/April 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2011
    POFQ: September 2013
    POFQ: September 2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

my family and I have been to both places, the Biergarten in 2007 and Teppan Edo in 2008, the Biergarten has great atmosphere and is a lot of fun, the food is good if you like Greman food, Teppan Edo was also very entertaining but we much preferred the food at Teppan Edo, our chef was so funny.
    I hope Disney doesn't remove Teppan Edo from the DDP.
    Have a fantastic time

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry I forgot to answer your question,
    we preferred Teppan Edo
    either way have a great time

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there!!

When we were at the world in Jan, we ate at both Biergarten and Teppan Edo. We are going back to Edo for our Dec trip but not Biergarten. We did like both resturants. But we didn't feel that Biergarten was a must do every trip. On the other hand, I don't think we would be able to pass up Edo on any trip.

And Edo is the same every year.... they are usually the one of the last resturants to sign their contract with the dining plan..or something like that. We didn't find out until the begining of Jan if they would except the DP!! So unless the dining plan makes big changes or something like that then i wouldn't worry about them not being on the dining plan.
    Sam
    DVC owner at SSR/AKL
    Past Trips:
    POP: 4/15-23 08, 1/27-2/4 09, 12/2-12 09
    AKL SV: 4/25-5/4 12

Disneyland Hotel: 9/29-10/2,12/2-4 2011
    Upcoming:
    GCA 4/19-21 2013 Dream/WDW Oct 16th-26th 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Teppan edo hands down! amazing food!
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

We just ate at Teppan Edo last week for the first time. Our server was in training and didn't do any tricks and took twice as long to cook our food. As each portion was cooked and put on our plate, we were so hungry we ate it all before she got to finish the meat and put it on our plates. The food is good, but the same quality as our local restaurant that entertains/prepares Japanese food the same way.

We struggled between Germany and Japan too for this last trip. I am not a big fan of German food, that is why we chose Japan. In hindsight, since we can eat locally at a similar Japanese restaurant, I regret not trying Germany. We'll try that next time.

Good luck!
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

We enjoyed both. Lots of great food at Biergarten. Teppan Endo was good, but I seem to like Biergarten better.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer Teppan Edo. Even though it's not unlike the hibachi-style Japanese steakhouse you have near home, there's something special about eating in the WS Japan pavilion for us. The Biergarten is fun (good show, neat atmosphere), but the food is nothing special. It's one of those experiences I only needed to do once. I could go back to Teppan Edo over and over. But I would also suggest Tokyo Dining.

The restaurants of the Japan pavilion are typically among the last to confirm participation in the dining plan. It has been the same for the past few years since the implementation of the dining plan, but they have always ended up taking part, and I would be surprised if this changed for 2010.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Do Germany. The food isn't too out there, its a buffet so if you don't like something, get something else! The entertainment is really great and I feel like its a much more rounded out experience. We've been to Teppan Edo twice and Biergarten twice and definately feel that the Biergarten is more friendly and warm and enjoyable. I'm also a big believer of trying things you don't normally get the chance to, and while Teppan Edo is good, I can go to any hibachi restaurant and get reletively the same experience.
    Star light, star bright,
    first star I see tonight.
    I wish I may, I wish I might,
    have the wish, I wish tonight.
    We'll make a wish, and do as dreamers do,
    and all our wishes,
    will come true.

Post Thanks / Like

Do Biergarten. You'll look odd singing "Ein Prosit" in Teppan Edo.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

We've eaten at Teppan Edo several times now, and love it! We are going again in December, and can't wait!

We have never tried Biergarten, but since DH added yet another day to our trip, we are giving it a shot on 12/1. We always talked about doing it, but never did, so now we are finally giving it a chance.

I'm mostly German (little Irish thrown in for good measure), but I'm not a big fan of German food. We did check the menu, though, and there still seems to be quite a bit that I'll like. DH likes German food (he's Polish), so I'm sure he'll be happy.

My Stitch backpack will definitely be wearing his German lederhosen when we visit!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

We were in the land of magic in September and ate at both Teppan Edo and Biergarten and love them both. Either one is fine with us. Teppan Edo, the food was awesome and the Toyko Sunset drinks were also very good. Biergarten is a must do everytime we go to Disney and the buffet style food is good and the entertainment is fun. I do hope that it is not true about Teppan Edo not being on the DP.

Have a wonderful trip...

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Teppan Edo...not so great or original

IMHO you can get as good or better at your average Japanese rest. as you can at Teppan Edo. Even in Des Moines there were 2 places that I considered MUCH better- and they were cheaper!
    My personal opinion is that if you have a good Japanese rest. near you, try something else.
    I haven't eaten at Biergarten yet, so I can't express an opinion on it...though DH wants to try it in January.
    However we won't be doing Teppan Edo. I'd much rather do Tokyo Dining than Teppan...and for the record- I LOVE teppan style cooking.!
    Magical Disney Memories, '79, '83, 95,96,97,98,2/2000, 9/2000, 11/2001, 11/2002, 4/2003, 11/2003, 11/05, 2/07, 2/08 -world's greatest family reunion! 1/11-18/2010 15th wedding anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

That's a hard question, I love both so much. We had a great experience at the hibachi grill and the food was great/filling. Our cook was great and very entertaining. We also had a great experience at Biergarten and having never had a german buffet before I had NO PROBLEM finding PLENTY of delicious food to eat. seriously. Biergarten has a community seating type deal and I guess Teppan Edo is kind of the same way as you're sitting with other people. I honestly could not pick between the two. If I HAD TO though, I guess I would pick Teppan Edo only because we had such a great experience and the people we ate with made it fun.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I ate at Biergarten and Teppan Edo on our trip in September. We had eaten at Biergarten a few years ago and really enjoyed it. This time our service was not good and the food was not as good as we had remembered it. We did enjoy the band. It was a lot of fun listening to them. We are not planning on going back anytime soon. With Teppan Edo, I had been with DS before DH and I got married (2005). I had been wanting to go back, but DH's response was always "we have the same type of places back home". This year, we had an ADR for another restaurant, but DH surprised me and found out Teppan Edo would be able to seat us without an ADR. We canceled our ADR for the original restaurant and ate here instead. The food was wonderful and the service was fantastic. We had an amazing experience at Teppan Edo from the time we arrived to the time we left. On our next trip, we will go back to Teppan Edo.
    Rhonda

Trips to WDW: Priceless

Impossible is not a word.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for all of your replies! It is not making our decision any easier. I guess I will wait for the complete DDP 2010 list to come out before making the decision. If both are on there, it is going to be difficult!

Thanks again!

Karyn
    CBR (Martinique Bldg 25): April 2006
    CBR (Jamaica Bldg 45): October 2007
    POR (Alligator Bayou 18): March/April 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2011
    POFQ: September 2013
    POFQ: September 2015

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: