Quantcast 27 Days Away & Starting To Freak Out With Anxiety! Help

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy 27 Days Away & Starting To Freak Out With Anxiety! Help

I am 27 days away till i leave for WDW and i am on the free dining plan and i have all my adr's set and ready to go, but i am freaking out worrying about getting sick from eating food that i am allergic to. I have an uncommon allergy to both garlic and onions(that includes everything in the onion family-shallot's, scallions etc) seeing as how this isnt a "normal" allergy i am worried that i will get ahold of one of the allergiens. It isnt a matter of just not eating an onion or garlic or making sure the chef's dont cook with them, these ingriendents are literally in everything-ketchup, miracle whip, chips, tomato sauce, hog dogs, pepperoni, salad dressing, basically Everything has garlic and onion (dont believe me? Look through your pantry, fridge and freezer you will be amazed)

it worry's me to eat when someone doesnt realize how the most unusual things do have garlic and onion. So like at places like Ohana i know they marinate there meat and there marinate has garlic powder in it, so what does the chef do? Make special meat for our table without the marination? Make a marinate without garlic?

I am really nervous and wondering if Disney can even accomendate such a special allergy. Should i see if i can change my ressie's at the hotel and get rid of the free dining and just get a AAA discount and just bring a picnic lunch? Or do you think i can fully trust Disney that i wont get ahold of any garlic or onion?
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You can trust Disney to make sure that your needs are met. It will be more difficult at CS restaurants, but you can contact WDW by email at [email protected] or by telephone at (407) 824-5967. Also, have you noted each and every ADR with your allergy? By noting your reservation and contacting WDW through the email address mentioned above, you will be giving the chefs advanced notice. Even when we've travelled with people who have more "common" allergies, the chef will come to your table to discuss your needs.

The Disney site has a page about special dietary requests which you can access by clicking here.

I'd also suggest reading Jennifer_and_Chris' comments in this recent thread about their experience travelling to WDW with a child with food allergies.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

First take a deep breath and calm, then call Disney. I developed a red dye allergy later in life (severe enough for an epi pen). Red dye i s the same way lots of our food has it that you don't realize. (Did you know they add redd dye to some meat to make it look more appetizing?) So I called and the chefs are amazing sometimes I would get a list of safe foods or if it was a pre fix I got a seperate plate with safe foods. I can so see your worries but talk to them. Also I always carry an emergency bag with me it has my epi, oral meds, list of med problems cause boy do I have issues (ha ha) and a few small safe snacks that way if I have trouble finding safe I am covered. Enjoy your trip no worries just don't be afraid to say to your servers and dining hosts that you have allergies!
    DEC 2005 Pop Century
    Oct 2006 Old Key West
    Dec 2007 All Star Sports
    Sept 2008 Pop Century

February 2012 off property!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: