Quantcast from POP to cruise

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default from POP to cruise

we will be taking 3 day cruise after spending time at POP. would a limo be best or least expensive?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

can we catch the DCL bus somewhere to get to ship?

Post Thanks / Like

The cost really depends on how many people you have. DCL charges per person from the resorts to the ships, while car services charge per trip.

Over on the left hand side of this page, you'll find a link to Quicksilver. That will give you an idea of what the car service will cost.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

You can add the DLC transportation from a Resort to the terminal, and back again or to the airport for a round trip cost. I think it is $35 o/w to the airport and a dollar more to the Resort.

The bus transport does not pick up from the Value Reports from what I understand and it only picks up from only certain Resorts, two of which include the Boardwalk and Saratoga Springs; I have stayed at both and been picked up from these for cruises we have been on. You would need to get from the resort you are staying at to the resort you are being met at on your own using a taxi or perhaps the DWD transports.

Not sure what the limo charges would be but it is certainly worth checking into unless you are renting a car and if that were the case, you would park at the terminal while you at sea.

-Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Member since '98)

2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
    2008 - BWV (2)
    2007 - BWV
    2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
    2005 - HH, BWV (2)
    2003 - BWV
    2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
    2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
    2000 - BWV
    1999 - BWV, HH, VB
    1998 - BWV, Swan

Post Thanks / Like

there will be 3 of us , all adults

Post Thanks / Like

The ground transfer for DCL is about $70 per person/round trip. As the previous poster mentioned, there are specific places that the DCL buses pick up from at WDW and specific times. A town car service will run around $300 for the transfer from WDW to the Port and the Port to the airport. So, about $90 more plus tip, but you have the convenience of being picked up where you want, when you want.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back from 5 days at POP followed by a 3 day cruise. We hired a private shuttle to take us to the port and back to the airport - cost less than DCL transportation. They provided a huge van for the ride over and surprised us with a stretch limo for our ride back to the airport!!! <snip>
    Last edited by TammiMcMan; 11-04-2009 at 04:38 PM. Reason: using private messaging service
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Travel View Post
    We just got back from 5 days at POP followed by a 3 day cruise. We hired a private shuttle to take us to the port and back to the airport - cost less than DCL transportation. They provided a huge van for the ride over and surprised us with a stretch limo for our ride back to the airport!!! <snip>
    thanks for information i think that we will go

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by readytogo2 View Post
    thanks for information i think that we will go
    Did you get my PM? They cut part of my message - not sure what I said wrong as I didn't name any companies.....
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about going from POP to the cruise.

But on my last trip I stayed at AKL then went on a cruise and then after the cruise I went to POP.

I used Disney cruise line bus transportation going both directions. They dropped me off at POP after the cruise.
    June, 1990 - MK, Epcot -Off Site Hotel - Sang on stage & Marched in parade at MK
    Feb. '05 - DL, DCA - Off Site Hotel
    Feb. '07 - All Parks, DT - AKL
    May '08 - All Parks, DT - AKL & POP - 4 day Disney Cruise
    Jan. '13 DL, DCA, DT -Off Site Hotel
    Nov. '13 All Parks, DT - POP & Swan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaDisney View Post
    Not sure about going from POP to the cruise.

But on my last trip I stayed at AKL then went on a cruise and then after the cruise I went to POP.

I used Disney cruise line bus transportation going both directions. They dropped me off at POP after the cruise.
    Only certain resorts offer transportation to the DCL. POP is not one of them. We struggled with hiring a cab to transport us and all our stuff over to a resort that offered transportation, but it didn't make sense cost-wise.
    - Elastigirl

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: