Quantcast Pain in walking out the last day - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same way. I look around on Main Street and say to myself, "See you next year..."
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

It does make me very sad to leave WDW but I
    know I will be back in the very near future so
    it makes me smile again. I always like to end
    up at MK for my last evening there. I want to
    take some of the magic with me.
    BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
    MAY!

Post Thanks / Like

Yup. Pain. Painful lump in throat. Painful throbbing feet. Painful ache in wallet! But the days prior to departure are so rapturous that it's worth the last day
    Disneyland every summer of my childhood!
    Disneyland Paris May 2003
    All Star Movies - February 2004
    All Star Sports - August 2006
    Pop Century - January 2007
    THE MOUSE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes we always feel pain when we have to look at the castle the last time and take our last stroll down main street and ride the monorail for the last time. We always take a picture of our kids lined up at the hotel room door toting their luggage with huge frowns on their face. They don't want to leave either!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

We start feeling the emotional pain of leaving the park the night before our "last day/evening being in WDW." We feel a bit glum walking through MK during the morning, knowing that this will be the last evening we'll be walking through here. And during the evening, knowing this will be the last firework show, the last ride, etc. Leaving the park is painful for us.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

Wow... this is certainly true in our case. My husband and I always fret over MK being our last park day... it seems more painful that way. I know that my feet get really heavy on the last day at the parks...

I go thru stages:

1. Denial that the trip is ending
    2. Declaring that I refusing to go!
    3. Whining that its not fair
    4. Anger at the giddy people getting on the Airport tram while I'm getting off
    4. Devising a way to somehow hide out in the parks undetected and live there forever
    5. Planning the next trip

Last edited by lioness8978; 04-01-2010 at 11:36 AM. Reason: spelling
    "When you look under the rocks & plants and take a glance at the fancy ants - and maybe try a few..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoriMistress View Post
    We start feeling the emotional pain of leaving the park the night before our "last day/evening being in WDW." We feel a bit glum walking through MK during the morning, knowing that this will be the last evening we'll be walking through here. And during the evening, knowing this will be the last firework show, the last ride, etc. Leaving the park is painful for us.

I am the same way. I try not to think about having to go home, but it seems like the last couple days of our vacation I start thinking that its going to be a while until I am back looking at the castle or riding POTC or seeing Mickey and Pooh...When I fly home it isnt as bad though....when we drive though, I am not sure which I dread more...leaving the park or the drive home back to Indiana
    1995 Off Site
    2001 Off Site
    2002 All Star Sports
    2004 CBR
    2008 Wilderness Lodge and Coronado
    2009 Pop
    2011 Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I hate the last day. I always cry. It usually helps when I have another Disney Vaction in the works, but I don't right now. It really hits me when I am on the monorail and I hit the T&T when he says " If this concludes you r stay at the Walt Disney World Resort, we hope you had a magical stay..." I usually start bawling!
    Been over 60 times!
    Last Trip: Jan 2010-
    Animal Kingdom Lodge and Disney Cruise!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I see that this thread has stayed alive somehow. I went in January and stayed 8 nights. The trips keep getting longer so I don't have to say goodbye so fast.

The worst part about this one is I left beleiving this was the final trip to WDW. With money short, more kids, and a bigger house, future trips don't look likely. Anyway, the worst point wasn't on the last day. The worst was my last day at Epcot. I was saving a spot for my family for Illuminations while they rode the Mexico/Donald boat ride. Just standing there, knowing it was the last time...and then Illuminations...tough, man. It was tough.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I always joke that the train at the airport is the first ride I go on at Disney. Funny that it is so much fun when we first get there, but it is SUCH a bummer when we are leaving.

Post Thanks / Like

i shed a tear whenever i think of disneyworld whether i'm leaving or going.my first trip in 95 was with my girlfriend(now my wife).Going thru a divorce is bad but with 2 sons it is heart breaking.my gf took me and for the first time in years i could be myself and she accepted me for who i was.we enjoyed the parks and each others company.that was where i fell in love with her.i truly love disney world but being there with someone as wonderful as my wife is like nothing in this world.i hope you all appreciate your husband or wife even more when your there .i know i do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWNut02 View Post
    I always joke that the train at the airport is the first ride I go on at Disney. Funny that it is so much fun when we first get there, but it is SUCH a bummer when we are leaving.
    SAME!!!

We kind of have a trasition that on our last night we go to the magic kingdom and stay right until it closes (which is usually at at least 12am if not a bit later). It's always nearly deserted by the end of it and the process of walking down Mainstreet USA, exiting through the turnstiles, and then waiting in the dark at the bus stop always makes me sad, although I think that when you wake up in the morning and have your last hours at your resort is worse. At AKL we are always quite friendly with the cast members so it's sad to leave them as well - there is one particular server named Brenda at Boma who has served us at least a few times on every trip we've been on and still recognises us when we go. However I still try to maintain the attitude that, despite it being horrible leaving, I am still in the world at the present time and I should be thankful for that and what a wonderful holiday I have had.

AK Lodge - September '03
    AK Lodge - September '04
    AK Lodge - September '05
    AK Lodge - May '07
    AK Lodge - August '08
    AK Lodge (Jambo House) - August '10

"It's the truth. Its actual... Everyting is Satisfactual"

Post Thanks / Like

I always feel the pain of going back to reality!!! It starts to kick in around out last 2 to 3 days and I just hate thinking of returning home and want to stay just a little longer!!!
    1993-Off-site
    1995/1996-Caribbean Beach
    1997-Dixie Landing
    1998-Caribbean Beach
    1999-Coronado Springs
    2000-Grosvenor
    2001-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2003-Caribbean Beach
    2005-POP/Coronado Springs
    2006/2007-POP
    2008/2009-Riverside
    2010 - Beach Club
    2011 - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

It always makes me sad to leave, the only things that make it bareable are that my two sweet little dogs are waiting for me back home and that I know I will be back soon. I always tell myself on my last day at the world that I will not cry but when I take that last walk down Main Street and take that last look at the castle I always get a little choked up knowing that I have to return to the real world.

Post Thanks / Like

I am always sad on that last day, it is so hard to leave your laughing place.
    My usual sadness was multiplied by many times when we last left (6/08). Due to a stupid mistake on my part, we took that bittersweet last boat ride from Ft W to MK on our last morning. There were several "must do's" and some "must re-do's" that we were really intent on getting in. We got to the gate, only to find that I had screwed up on a late night stop to Epcot and cost us one of our admissions. No one else got teary, until they saw something stuck in my eye and a hot tear rolling down my cheek.
    I couldnt justify buying 6 one day passes, tho I tried awfully hard to. Luckily, we had several days of waterpark and more left, and we had a great day at TL (a family favorite). It was a great day, but not quite enough to take away the sting of standing outside the gates of our "home" and not being able to enter.
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

If you ever want to see a blubbering grown man. Be walking into the MK on my last day.
    Next up CBR 10/31-11/8

Keep Moving Forward!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It helps a little if you think of the one thing you wanted to do, but weren't able squeeze in on this trip (there's always at least one!), and vow that it will be the first thing planned for the "next" WDW trip.
    Disneyland 1956 --> Too many to count
    WDW 2003 --> Trip #13 Oct. 2010
    Disney Cruise 2007 -->
    Next Cruise June 2011 Alaska!
    DL Premium AP
    D23 Charter Member

Post Thanks / Like

Several years ago we took our niece (then 8 years old) on her first trip to WDW. On our last day we were on the Disney transport bus from MK back to the resort hotel. Our niece had her nose pressed up against the window and we heard her say "Bye, bye palm tree!". I think that just about says it all
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: