Quantcast What NOT to do at WDW? - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I wouldn't skip anything on my first trip if I had six days. We've skipped things many times thinking they were boring and then found out otherwise. For instance, until 2 years ago we never thought about going to see "Walt Disney, One Man's Dream" at Disney Studios. We finally went one day just to escape the heat and really enjoyed it, and now have went the last 2 years in a row. Everyone likes different things, so try everything once and if you don't like it, skip it your next time in the park. Good luck. Mark
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a fan of most things at Epcot
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ANG View Post
    Oh, blasphemy!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ANG View Post
    As previous posters have said it is all personel taste. Epot is one of our favorite parks. Make sure you do soarin at the land pavilion in epcot. Also at the living seas is a great show with crush from finding nemo your child will love it and as an adult I find it awesomw also. I know you sak for things not to do, but there are somethings you also should make a have to do. Read your book and map out your days for the parks. It may seem daunting to do this but if you have an idea of what park on what day and then what you want to see, you will see much more then just running here and there. For us part of the fun is planning the trip and mapping out our days. Make sure you see wishes and illuminations. Fantasmic if you can fit it in is a great show.

Post Thanks / Like

The Circle of Life film and Stitch's Great Escape are fine to miss... Circle of Life is too preachy and the smell in Stitch's Great Escape is awful.
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Don't wait in any line for more than 30 minutes. There are to many other things to do.
    Keneva

---------------------------------
    WDW
    Aug 2022 CR Wing
    Aug 2014 BC & GF Club
    Aug 2012 Swan & Grand Floridian Club
    Aug 2010 Poly LVC
    Aug 2008 Poly LVC
    Aug 2006 CR Club
    Jan 2001 Poly LVC (Honeymoon)
    Oct 1995 Off-site

DL
    1967-69 Several Visits (Green Lantern Motel?)

Post Thanks / Like

DON'T...assume you can do it all
    DON'T...miss anything on others advise
    DON'T...think this will be your last visit to WDW
    Everyone's different. What wrong for one maybe great for another. Read all you can, watch the videos, and check the sites. Only you know what you like and don't like. At the very least, you should try everything once (over your numerous future trips) and do the ones you like again...and again!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get on People of The Parks website. It's hilarious. It's like People of Wal-Mart except, it's of Disney Parks.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to intercot!!
    and congratulations on your upcoming trip,hopefully you'll get hooked and be a disney family for life.
    instead of what NOT to do i try to steer away from negativity i thought i would pass on to you what experience has taught me to be most beneficial.
    #1-PLAN,PLAN,PLAN.i know,it's vacation.you don't want to be ruled by paperwork.but trust me a little at home time creating a list of where you want to go,what you want to see and when you want to see it will save you a ton of time,probably releave some first time jitters and help you relax and enjoy wdw the way you should.
    #2-youtube videos,intercot and the internet in general has a ton of wdw stuff on it that will help you make an "A" list of attractions to see.
    have a great time!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    Got to agree with the last poster, only you can really decide and that's by trying things. For almost every attraction there is somebody who hates it while others love it.
    Good point. Several people have said that they don't like the Universe of Energy attraction. I actually like it and would especially want to take a first timer on the ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Take your time, jump in the short lines, get a planning book beforehand. We like the Passporter but there are TONS of Disney books out there to choose from. The Passporter has opinions from kids aged under 10 and teens as well as adults so you get a whole spectrum of opinions. Make sure to leave 1 afternoon to hit your resorts pool to "recharge" midway thru your trip-it will make the last few days SOOOO much better as you won't be exhausted. As for don't....Dinoland, Disney Quest, Narnia, Star WArs (not fans, sorry, girls here.). But Disney is magical-no matter what!
    CB 2007
    BWI 2008
    YC 2009
    BWI Innkeepers Club 2010
    BC Christmas 2011
    BWI Christmas 2012
    ??? June 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjewelcat View Post
    I have the 2010 Birnbaum Guide book right next to me!!! LOL
    I agree, the Birnbaum Book is a great guide to everything Disney!!! Cheapest place to buy it is AAA if you are a member. Or check it out at your local library.
    Off-site - 1984, 1988 (2)
    Disneyland - 1993
    All Star Movies - 1999
    All Star Music - 2002
    Polynesian - 2006
    Coronado Springs - 2007
    Port Orleans Riverside - 2008
    Caribbean Beach - 2009
    Pop Century- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    Disney Dream - 2013
    Yacht Club 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I HATE posts like this! I am so afraid you will miss something that your family might love because of other's opinions! Read all of the suggestions and get a guide book. So many times I have read opinions on here and been upset by them because some people hate attractions that my family loves! Do what you think your family will like and take opinions with a grain of salt!! Personally I would try to do everything you can....with 6 days you should be able to see most everything! You will be tired....but happy~

Post Thanks / Like

It's probably too late for my comment on this, but Malstrom (Epcot-Norway) was a big disappointment! We stood in line for 45 minutes and felt like we wasted our time. We'll pass on that one next time!
    9/17 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    4/16 Polynesian Village Resort
    5/14 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    8/10 Polynesian Village Resort
    5/09 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    7/08 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I read your question and skipped right to the end to answer. I haven't read anyone's responses. I don't even remember what the date was this was originally posted but I wanted to state my opinion on this: Don't listen to anyone else's opinions on what to do and what not to do. What one person thinks is the most wonderful thing you may think is terrible. What someone else hates you may love.

A lot of people on this site always love to say how wonderful Le Cellier is and how good the Cheddar Cheese soup is. I went one time and thought the restaurant was OK and the soup was terrible.

On the other hand, I've read on here a lot of people don't like the Sci Fi but I LOVE that place.

If I listed to what everyone else likes and doesn't like, I'd be wasting my time going someplace I didn't care for and missing something I really love.

You shouldn't let other people's opinions of what is good and what is bad decide what is good or bad for you. You can only make decisions for yourself. And if you listen to what other's tell you, you might miss something you'd really like. I say try it all and figure it out for yourself. And if you don't like it at least you found that out on your own.

Anyway, that's how I feel about it.
    Gawrsh

1979 - Polynesian Village
    1988 - Treehouses
    1990 - Treehouses
    1997 - Disney Institute Villas/Yacht and Beach Club
    1999 - Disney Institute Villas
    2001 - Carribean Beach
    2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2007 - Pop Century
    2010 - Offsite/Port Orleans Riverside
    2014 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Don't jam pack your itnerary. - Leave a day in the middle to relax, resort hop, swim, do Downtown Disney, etc.

Don't feel that you can't veer from the itnerary if your family (especially children) need a break or some down time.

Don't forget to get your 1st visit buttons when you check in (if you are staying at a WDW resort) or right in the gates at guess services ( I think they give buttons at the ticket counters too.. at least I got one there last October) AND WHERE THEM... YES, EVEN THE ADULTS! You never know what is lurking around the corner for button wearing guests!

Don't miss parades and fireworks as those "big" events are what makes some of the best memories for you and your family. (for instance, my girls just played "Disney parade" on Saturday. They made my DH and I sit in the family room while they pretended to be the different characters on the floats (floats were one DD pulling the other over the hardwood on a sleeping bag).

Don't forget to get your Mickey ears... everyone needs mickey ears!!! no self respecting Disney addict would be in therapy without one!

DO NOT FORGET YOUR CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU HAVE A DIGITAL BRING EXTRA MEMORY CARDS OR DOWNLOAD PICS NIGHTLY. You can never have too many pictures... we took over 1600 during our last trip and I miss many memories that I wish I would have captured.
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer_and_Chris View Post
    Don't jam pack your itnerary. - Leave a day in the middle to relax, resort hop, swim, do Downtown Disney, etc.

Don't feel that you can't veer from the itnerary if your family (especially children) need a break or some down time.

Don't forget to get your 1st visit buttons when you check in (if you are staying at a WDW resort) or right in the gates at guess services ( I think they give buttons at the ticket counters too.. at least I got one there last October) AND WHERE THEM... YES, EVEN THE ADULTS! You never know what is lurking around the corner for button wearing guests!

Don't miss parades and fireworks as those "big" events are what makes some of the best memories for you and your family. (for instance, my girls just played "Disney parade" on Saturday. They made my DH and I sit in the family room while they pretended to be the different characters on the floats (floats were one DD pulling the other over the hardwood on a sleeping bag).

Don't forget to get your Mickey ears... everyone needs mickey ears!!! no self respecting Disney addict would be in therapy without one!

DO NOT FORGET YOUR CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU HAVE A DIGITAL BRING EXTRA MEMORY CARDS OR DOWNLOAD PICS NIGHTLY. You can never have too many pictures... we took over 1600 during our last trip and I miss many memories that I wish I would have captured.

Perfect!

Post Thanks / Like

Must have the Mickey Ears.
    CB 2007
    BWI 2008
    YC 2009
    BWI Innkeepers Club 2010
    BC Christmas 2011
    BWI Christmas 2012
    ??? June 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Caspian at DHS!!!
    K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubato View Post
    Oh, blasphemy!!!!!
    LOL I agree but to each his own!
    Dave

Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas!

1984 - First Trip! (offsite)
    1986 - offsite
    1990 - offsite
    1998 - CBR
    2003 - Yacht Club
    2008 - Hilton WDW
    2010 - Dolphin
    2011 - POFQ
    2012 - Coronado Springs
    2012 - CBR (Everest Challenge)