Quantcast 2010 Moms & Moms-to-be Club - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe we started the original thread in 2006 and it's already four years later!!! My little DD whom I was pregnant with when I started posting turned 3 a few months ago, and now she has a little brother who is 9 months old. :-) I LOVE being a mommy and can't wait until our next trip to WDW! We'll be heading there this fall and staying at Bay Lake Tower! I'm trying to keep up my excitement by doing little 'Disney' things here and there. I'm having a Disney Princess Tea Party for DD next weekend and she's so excited! I ordered a cake from a local bakery that looks like Cinderella's Castle. I also have lots of Disney Princess things for the little girls. She's very excited - especially since she absolutely LOVED the Akershus Princess Breakfast during our last trip to WDW. I think that's going to become one of our 'must-do's' every trip. LOL :-) Anyway, I just wanted to check in and say hello to everyone. Congratulations to all the new mommies of 2010!!
    See You Real Soon!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kennywife View Post
    You teach? So do I. I teach student online. Grades K-8 in reading mostly. I also grade papers and tests. I do that in between travel assignments.

Anna
    Yep. I teach 9-12 Spanish and am the yearbook adviser at a small private school. I love it. I think it's the best job for spending time with my Sammie, other than staying home. In fact, the only way I'd give it up is if our finances worked out so I could be a SAHM. We're working toward that goal, but it'll be a few years.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Samantha- I'm glad all of Sammie's tests came back okay. My cousin's little girl is really small too. She is almost 2 and still weighs only 19 lbs. The doctor wants to do a bunch of tests on her, but I think she is just petite like her parents and older brother.

mjaclyn- When are y'all going to WDW? We are either going the last week of September or the fist week of October.

School has been crazy for me lately. I just keep thinking that there are only 76 days left for us before summer!

We will probably be trying for baby #2 sometime in the spring/summer. We are hoping for a baby next spring, so that when I go off on maternity leave I wouldn't have to return until school starts in August.

I hope Lacy won't mind me telling y'all this, but be praying for Elias. He is getting over RSV and has been on oxygen for the past few days. I know she would appreciate the prayers.

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesgirl1 View Post
    We will probably be trying for baby #2 sometime in the spring/summer. We are hoping for a baby next spring, so that when I go off on maternity leave I wouldn't have to return until school starts in August.
    I was thinking the same thing. Preggers in July, deliver in April, take the one month off and be with the baby for 3. Just hope God's with me on the timing.

I hope Lacy won't mind me telling y'all this, but be praying for Elias. He is getting over RSV and has been on oxygen for the past few days. I know she would appreciate the prayers.
    She has mine. I really need to get back on FB to keep up with you girls.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Susan - I'm so happy that Sammie's okay. I'm sure she will make a great Tinkerbell someday.

Elias will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

mjaclyn- When are y'all going to WDW? We are either going the last week of September or the fist week of October.
    We had actually booked a room at Bay Lake Tower for the last week of September but DH couldn't get time off of work. :-( So we had to change it to the last week in October and first week of November. We decided to do two weeks this time so that both sets of grandparents can come for one week. A few years ago we tried having all of us go at once and it was just WAY too stressful. :-) I think it will be much easier on us and the kids if we have only one set of grandparents to focus on at a time.
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjaclyn View Post
    I can't believe we started the original thread in 2006 and it's already four years later!!! My little DD whom I was pregnant with when I started posting turned 3 a few months ago, and now she has a little brother who is 9 months old. :-) I LOVE being a mommy and can't wait until our next trip to WDW! We'll be heading there this fall and staying at Bay Lake Tower! I'm trying to keep up my excitement by doing little 'Disney' things here and there. I'm having a Disney Princess Tea Party for DD next weekend and she's so excited! I ordered a cake from a local bakery that looks like Cinderella's Castle. I also have lots of Disney Princess things for the little girls. She's very excited - especially since she absolutely LOVED the Akershus Princess Breakfast during our last trip to WDW. I think that's going to become one of our 'must-do's' every trip. LOL :-) Anyway, I just wanted to check in and say hello to everyone. Congratulations to all the new mommies of 2010!!
    Wow, has it really been that long????? Time is flying!

I haven't been on here in ages myself! I'm amazed at how much busier I became with 2 boys!

David turned 3 this past November. He goes to school full time now to a specialized school. He has a moderate speech and cognitive delay, but is doing wonderfully and learning so much and catching up!! It's an awesome school that specializes in special needs children pre-k through 5th grade!

Aaron is 1.5 years old and doing great. We are still nursing, plan on doing child-led weaning. He is much more feisty than David was and a climber!! David never did that! It's new territory for me! I can't believe I have not more "babies" They can't be growing this fast!

I'm getting ready to take Aaron or his first haircut at MK just like I did with David! We are super excited. He hasn't had not the first trim!

Okay, I gotta go catch up some on everyone!!!!!

Hopefully I'll try to make it on here a bit more often!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Default update..

so Cheyenne is 2 months old already!
    i cant believe how fast time goes now-a-days..
    i go back to work this coming monday (15hth)..
    i cant believe 12 weeks went so fast..
    i wish we could afford to have me be a sahm..but its just not possible right now..espeically with me going back to work we will just skim by on all our bills and gas and food money every month..
    but Cheyenne is doing great..at least in my eyes she is..lol..shes my first child..so i dont really have anything to go by..
    i started a schedule about 3 or 4 weeks ago and its really be working well..i give her a bath around 7:30pm then a bottle and usally goes to sleep within 15 minutes..and then she wont wake up till about 2am..i feed her and then she wont wake up till about 6am then..its working really well for us..and through out the day she usually sleeps in the morning..and early afternoon and is up from around 2pm everyday until her bath time..
    we went last thursday for her 2 month check up..she is 10lbs 10oz and 22 1/2 inches long..my baby has gained 4 pounds since birth..
    she was a real trooper with all her shots and cried for maybe a minute and that was it..she was a bit cranky the next few days...and i had to give her tylenol..but she did way better than i thought!
    i just hope we can stick with a good schedule for when i go back to work and she goes to the babysitter..im gonna miss being home every day with my lil girl..but unfortnately its gotta be this way for a little while..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Brittany- I hope that going back to work has gone well. I had a really hard time for the first few weeks, but as I started getting into the routine, things got easier. There are still days that I hate leaving Myers, but most days are okay. Although I would love to be a SAHM some days, other days I couldn't imagine not being a teacher anymore. But like you, being a SAHM isn't an option for me right now.

Myers is probably going to have to have tubes in his ears. He has fluid in his ears almost constantly, and after a hearing test, we found out that it is affecting his hearing. We have an appointment with the ENT in a week.

Kristin
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

the first week back at work wasnt too bad..i missed her..but i had/have so much work..the days go kinda fast..so its not to bad..so far..lol..
    her schedule has seemed to of gotten a bit better for us..for the most part this pass week or so shes alseep no later than 9pm..and wakes at 3:30am..although last night she was out by 8:45pm and didnt wake til 5am!! that was really nice!!

aww poor little guy...but at least the tubes will help him out!! goodluck with that!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok moms! I need your help.

I just found out that I am pregnant again! Yipee! However, I need to get PJ ready. He is almost 2 1/2 years old. But he still cannot go to bed without a bottle. I have tried all kinds of cups, but he just has to have the bottle. I want him off of it before the baby comes so that there is not confusion. So that he knows that bottles are for the baby.

Also, I really want him to be at least close to being potty trained. I don't even know where to begin. Which sounds silly considering I have an 11 year old also, but I just can't remember how I accomplished it before. Any suggestions?
    ºoº Lizzy ºoº

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

i just wanted to say congrats on the baby news!! so exciting..

i have no idea about the bottle question..since i only have a almost 3 month old..but id like to hear some answers also so ill know what to do later on..

again congrats!!!
    how far along are you?
    *bRiTTaNy*

Post Thanks / Like

Yay Lizzy.. How exciting!
    Myers is still taking that one night time bottle (all the others have been gone for two months), but we are getting rid of it next week. We are going to give Myers a snack right before bed with a sippy cup of milk and then just putting him down and letting him cry it out if need be. It will probably be a rough few nights. With the other bottles we just cut them cold turkey and let him fuss and be unhappy until he finally decided to just take the darn sippy cup! We will see how it goes...

Kristin
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to agree with Kristan. We've went cold turkey on the bottles during the day. We're still on one night bottle, but once she done with being sick, we will probably eliminate it and got to a sippy cup as well.

Lizzy - congratulations on the pregnancy.
    Melissa

Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Lizzy!

I can't help on the bottle question, as Sammie never would take one anyhow (I ended up spending my lunch hour at the sitters, nursing... and we put her on a sippie at 9 months for all liquids other than milk... until she was weaned).

I'm planning to start potty training the day after school gets out, so that we have all summer to get it finished. Sammie's been showing signs of readiness, but since she's at 3 different places throughout the week, and on the go all day on Wednesdays, I don't want to start now. I will say that we got her a potty chair when she turned 1, and she likes to sit on it (as a chair, fully clothed) while we ahem... do our business. So maybe that would be a good start? This will be my first attempt, too, so I'm not much help. But here's hoping it works out well.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

Post Thanks / Like

With my oldest, we got a potty chair and let her sit on it and get used to it being around. It really helped in the transition. Be prepared for setbacks though. I thought she had been doing really good, and then my dh went out of down and we were back at square one. Good luck!
    Melissa

Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Ok ladies, I need your support....
    I'm going to have surgery this year. *Gulp*

I have fibroids and I want them gone. So, my dx has recommended getting laprascopic fibroid removal, I think it's called a myomectomy. Anyway, this way I wouldn't have any more bad pain. My period is late this month. I took a test, negative. It does that a lot with fibroids. I'll take another soon if it doesn't come, but I'm feeling I'm trying to start.

Anyhoo, I would like to get this all over with. The dx said it wouldn't just help with TTC, but that it could make my cycles so much better.

I'm scurred!!!!!! But, I'm tired of being in pain and now that I'm traveling more with my job, it doesn't make any sense for me to plan my life around my cycles, you know?

Anna
    June 2006-Disneymoon POR/DCL Wonder
    Sept/Oct-Las Vegas/D-land CCI
    June 2009 Eureka Springs/Branson
    Dec. 2009- Pop Century
    June 2010-Pop Century
    Oct. 2010-CBR/DCL
    Jan. 5-10 ASMU solo
    Oct 24-Nov. 1 AoA/Pop

Tubes are clear....no surgery needed

Disney fanatic, travel writer, foodie

Post Thanks / Like

Well hello ladies, I know it been a while and I have been MIA, but I am back and hope to keep reading and sharing in everyone’s news.

Oh wow I can’t believe how much everyone’s little one are growing! Congratulations to all the pregnant mommies can’t wait to read all your updates.

Here all the updates on our family: My two are now 3 (almost 4) and 2 ½. Let me tell you I have my hands full. Emerson is in preschool 2 days a week. She loves it! And honestly I love having a little down time with only one little one in tow. During that time I have Gavin enrolled in a playgroup as a peer model. He was a bit hesitant at first, but now it’s getting better. He loves his mommy. With spring just around the corner Emerson is starting in her very first soccer league. I wish Gavin could also join, but you have to be 3 by May 1 so he misses the deadline. I don’t know about you ladies, but I am ready for this winter to be over already. Between the all the snow and being cooped up I am ready for a little sunshine! We are planning our yearly trip to Disney for the end of September and I can’t wait!!!! I just wish they would release the park hours soon all this waiting is killing me.

Well now that I have jibber, jabbered on I hope everyone is doing well and all those little ones are healthy. Keep your posts coming! I love reading and hearing about everyone, it’s like a little family here on intercot! Hope to hear from you all soon.

Thayre
    Next Visit: Fall 2013

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour.

Post Thanks / Like

What a shame that so many of us are going to WDW in September/October, but are going to miss each other by just a few days!!! I feel so close to you girls, I wish we could all meet in person!

Anna- I don't know much about that surgery, but I am sure it will be good to just get it over with and not be in anymore pain! Plus, regular cycles makes TTC so much easier.

Kristin
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

My baby boy is 4 months old. He's 14 pounds 12 ounces. He makes our life so wonderful. I love being a Mommy and my husband loves being a Daddy.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: