Quantcast NFL the good, the bad - the end ...of the regular season

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile NFL the good, the bad - the end ...of the regular season

Your thoughts
    You know the drill

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Yay

Happy for my Ravens and happy that our rivals (Steelers) are out.
    Kathy
    [COLOR=DarkRed]

'72, '88, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '99, '00, '01, 3/03, 10/03, 1/05, 4/05, 1/06, 10/06, 1/07, 5/07, 12/07, 10/08, 5/09, 11/09, 1/10, 10/10, 12/10, 10/11, 07/12, 11/12, 10/13, 4/14, DCL6/14, 10/14, 1/15, 5/15, WL8/15 & 11/15! Finally Moved to FLORIDA 2/16!! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Nice Job Jets.

The Good: We played really well. We get to play again next week.

The Bad: We played really well, can we do it again ?

The Ugly: Can you believe what rex did this week ?

Now I know, Pagan is going to say how the bengals gift wrapped this one. Good thing Ochocinco did not play, or that carson palmer guy. You can tell by their stats
    Oh wait, that was the Jets D in the 1st half.

We rushed for 257 yards against a good rushing D. Not a bad night.

Cinci here we come
    JETS
    J
    E
    T
    S
    JETS JETS JETS

Post Thanks / Like

Titans

The Good: CJ rushes for 2,000 yards

The Bad: Too bad our 0-6 start led to sitting at home next week

The Ugly: Our 8-2 finish only left us with a bad draft spot and no playoffs. Oh well at least I can root against the Ravens an Colts.

Ugly season and Jeff Fisher really should answer for his mistakes although I am sure the NFL community will praise him for the turnaround.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

Atlanta Falcons

Good: We did great this year with a 9-7 record when we have some serious injuries in the second half of the season. Back to back winning seasons for the first time since 1966!!!

Bad: We could have done SO much better had things gone our way this year. Just get to look forward to next year, and see Matt Ryan evolve even more.

Ugly: Not for ATL, but how weird is it that we will have 3 rematches from this weeks games next week in the wild card? Cin vs NYJ, GB vs Ari, and Phi vs Dal. Not so thrilled about that honestly...
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Eagles:

Good: Absolutely nothing.

Bad: Everything else.

Ugly: We have to do it all over again next week.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The Good: Not much. Ugly game, two QBs hurt. Time to lick our wounds and move to next week.

The Bad: Nothing really aside from the injuries. The game went as I expected.

The Hilarious: Watching the Jet fans get their hopes up yet again.

And Guels...if you really think the Bengals were going all out and were showing the Jets all their playbook last night...I have some beachfront property in Kansas to sell you. Really...come on. I watched the game. How many passes from Palmer were in receiver's hands and - OOPSIE! - they mysteriously dropped them? They sat Benson, their leading rusher. They were as vanilla as the day is long.

Even my friend John who's a Jet FANATIC was laughing watching the game last night, saying thank you to the Bengals.

Oh and by the way...the Bills beat the Colts 30-7 yesterday. Should they be pounding their chests today? I mean after all, even though the Colts pulled their starters....it's the Colts, right?

Congrats on your team being gifted a playoff berth.

Let's see what they do with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    The Good: Not much. Ugly game, two QBs hurt. Time to lick our wounds and move to next week.
    Huh ? Next week. They are going to heal while the Jets Play...didn't you mean NEXT SEASON???

The Hilarious: Watching the Jet fans get their hopes up yet again.
    Wow those Jets really fooled us. We got our hopes up...and they came through. Hmmm.

And Guels...if you really think the Bengals were going all out and were showing the Jets all their playbook last night...I have some beachfront property in Kansas to sell you. Really...come on. I watched the game. How many passes from Palmer were in receiver's hands and - OOPSIE! - they mysteriously dropped them? They sat Benson, their leading rusher. They were as vanilla as the day is long...
    Had nothing to do with the Jets Defense did it ?
    Are you implying that Chad Ochosinco wanted to change his name back to Johnson, that the Bengals recievers purposly dropped the balls ?
    Good thing it had nothing to do with the cold.

Even my friend John who's a Jet FANATIC was laughing watching the game last night, saying thank you to the Bengals....
    And I am not him. I dont think they gift wrapped it. Even their coach has said that he wanted to get something positive about the game. Was their Offense not as dynamic as it could have been, absolutly. But after the Jets drove down the field on the opening drive, and their D 'shut down' the bengals O (3x time a row). What I saw was the bengals trying, than giving in. What they tried to do was set their 1st string O line to recieve rexs blitzs, and pick them up. You saw that in the second & third quarters before they put in their second stringers.
    Oh by the way, the jets played their second string D against the bengals second string O. They still made the plays.

Oh and by the way...the Bills beat the Colts 30-7 yesterday. Should they be pounding their chests today? I mean after all, even though the Colts pulled their starters....it's the Colts, right?
    They should be proud. The colts pulled their starters in the snow. After hearing about wes welker, can you blame them ?
    As to the pounding their chests, neither the Jets nor I were "pounding our" chests.
    But again they got a win against the colts. Your team lost.

Congrats on your team being gifted a playoff berth.

Let's see what they do with it.
    Hmm, thank goodness they didn't have to play that game last night. Its not like the Jets O line compleatly blew the bengals out of the game. Or the Jets D needed to play.
    There are no gifts in the NFL, unless you count the 2 games the Jets Gifted you this year.

But lets face it you are bitter, because next week the Jets play again. They did it with a rookie QB & a rookie Head coach.
    Hmm, interesting that the rookie Headcoach's team has alllowed the fewest points in the NFL this season, that their pass D is #1, that their D is ranked #1 (their rushing D finished 8th, letting up 98 yards a game). Oh yeah and they have the number 1 rushing Offense.
    Good thing ALL 16 games we played allowed us to reach these milestones. So if you want to consider it a gift, sure go right ahead.
    And a happy new year too.

Way to go dolphins. See you Next year.

Even if we are 1 and done, we still had the best D this year. The best rushing O. Are we the best team...nah, but it sure looks promising, especially for the future.

JETS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    Huh ? Next week. They are going to heal while the Jets Play...didn't you mean NEXT SEASON???
    Ooops.

Wow those Jets really fooled us. We got our hopes up...and they came through. Hmmm.
    You'll see. You know I'll be back here for inevitable crash. The hopes I meant are the ones that get up every year since 1969.

Good thing it had nothing to do with the cold.
    Yea...cause we all know how balmy it is in Ohio this time of year. C'mon homer!

And I am not him. I dont think they gift wrapped it. Even their coach has said that he wanted to get something positive about the game. Was their Offense not as dynamic as it could have been, absolutly. But after the Jets drove down the field on the opening drive, and their D 'shut down' the bengals O (3x time a row). What I saw was the bengals trying, than giving in. What they tried to do was set their 1st string O line to recieve rexs blitzs, and pick them up. You saw that in the second & third quarters before they put in their second stringers.
    Oh by the way, the jets played their second string D against the bengals second string O. They still made the plays.
    Keep repeating that. You may actually believe it sooner or later.

As to the pounding their chests, neither the Jets nor I were "pounding our" chests
    My friend, in the papers this week after the Colts win, Revis said "the super bowl's coming", Edwards guaranteed a win, and Ryan claimed them to be the team "no one wants in the playoffs".

Sounds like chest thumping to me.

Hmm, thank goodness they didn't have to play that game last night. Its not like the Jets O line compleatly blew the bengals out of the game. Or the Jets D needed to play.
    There are no gifts in the NFL, unless you count the 2 games the Jets Gifted you this year.
    That's the funny part. The media here - AND the Jets fans - call EVERY loss, including the ones to Miami, "embarrassing". As if there isn't a team on earth that could actually - *gasp*, *horror* - beat the Jets. They ALWAYS beat themselves. Us silly fans of any other team, we need to remember that for the past 40 years the Jets have been generous enough to let other teams win it all, when they easily should have been 19-0 every year.

But lets face it you are bitter, because next week the Jets play again. They did it with a rookie QB & a rookie Head coach.
    No bro, not bitter in the least. I had no playoff expectations for the Phins this year. They ended up about where I expected them to.

Hmm, interesting that the rookie Headcoach's team has alllowed the fewest points in the NFL this season, that their pass D is #1, that their D is ranked #1 (their rushing D finished 8th, letting up 98 yards a game). Oh yeah and they have the number 1 rushing Offense.
    And he was called the "Mangenius" after one year too...remember?

Way to go dolphins. See you Next year.
    Yes you shall...twice like every year. Don't worry though, you'll be joining us soon.

Even if we are 1 and done, we still had the best D this year. The best rushing O.
    As I said once before, the New York Jets...champions of the consolation prize.

Are we the best team...nah, but it sure looks promising, especially for the future.
    Yup...heard that before. Remember Parcells and Testaverde? Super bowl bound back then too.

We all know what transpired.

JETS
    Actually, you're the 5th seed.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

FWIW, I watched that Jets/Bengals game last night and I thought that, at least in the beginning, the Bengals were playing hard to win and the Jets just stymied them.

I kinda think, though, that once the game got out of reach the Bengals folded the tents and started thinking about next week.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and one more thing....

The whole "rookie head coach/rookie QB in the playoffs" thing?

The Falcons did that last year. Um...where are they now?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    FWIW, I watched that Jets/Bengals game last night and I thought that, at least in the beginning, the Bengals were playing hard to win and the Jets just stymied them.

I kinda think, though, that once the game got out of reach the Bengals folded the tents and started thinking about next week.
    Agreed.
    as I said above, the jets came out and played really well. When the bengals had a couple of 3 and outs it was about finding something positive. Which for me, I believe, is their coaching staff & O line getting somewhat of a handle on the jets Blitzs.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

You'll see. You know I'll be back here for inevitable crash...
    My friend, in the papers this week after the Colts win, Revis said "the super bowl's coming", Edwards guaranteed a win, and Ryan claimed them to be the team "no one wants in the playoffs".
    Sounds like chest thumping to me.
    The crash- you mean when we lost that second game to you. I did not expext them in the playoffs, they have done more this season than I expected. The only question now is how far will they go. At least they have a chance...

as to revis- you mean we already played the super bowl ?
    it is comming, homer, in feb. He did not say he will be in it.
    Edwards was correct. whos to say that no one wants the jets in the playoffs. Especially Miami fans - you do not want us there.

I had no...expectations for the Phins this year... ended up about where I expected them to.

And he was called the "Mangenius" after one year too...remember?
    And the Jets have exceeded my expectations. That is why to me, they showed vast improvement.

Never liked him, I always thought that was mocking him.
    In addition- he did not lead the jets to have the #1 D, or the #1 rushing o

Yes you shall...twice like every year. Don't worry though, you'll be joining us soon.
    Heck it might be next week, but thats still one more week than I expected them to play.

Actually, you're the 5th seed.
    ah but we are in the tournament
    and the phish and you can watch us play.

J
    E
    T
    S
    JETSJETS JETS

Post Thanks / Like

The whole "rookie head coach/rookie QB in the playoffs" thing?

The Falcons did that last year. Um...where are they now?
    Just stepping in real quick

Atlanta finished 9-7, no we didn't make the playoff's but I'm still pretty happy what they did with what they had to work with in the second half in the season.

Oh, and Baltimore also had the rookie head coach/QB last year. Made the playoffs, and beat Miami last year in the wild card. And they are in the playoffs this year as well...
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    as to revis- you mean we already played the super bowl ?
    it is comming, homer, in feb. He did not say he will be in it.
    Yes he did. He said to tell the fans "the super bowl is coming". Unless he's Forrest Gump, he should know that EVERYONE knows that the superbowl is coming. He meant a super bowl for the Jets.

Edwards was correct. whos to say that no one wants the jets in the playoffs. Especially Miami fans - you do not want us there.
    What Ryan meant is that no one wants to PLAY the Jets in the playoffs...ergo, the "team no one wants". He's been saying that all year. Apparently, 7 teams didn't mind playing them at all.

And the Jets have exceeded my expectations. That is why to me, they showed vast improvement.
    9-7 last year, 9-7 this year. Only a Jet fan would consider moving sideways an improvement.

Heck it might be next week, but thats still one more week than I expected them to play.
    And let's face it...one more then they should be.

ah but we are in the tournament
    and the phish and you can watch us play.
    Yes we can...THIS year. Enjoy.

J
    E
    T
    S
    JETSJETS JETS
    You're a good sport Guels...

Quote Originally Posted by WDWfanatic742 View Post
    Just stepping in real quick

Atlanta finished 9-7, no we didn't make the playoff's but I'm still pretty happy what they did with what they had to work with in the second half in the season.
    My point to Gueli was, one year does not promise the future. Nothing bad about the Falcons.

Oh, and Baltimore also had the rookie head coach/QB last year. Made the playoffs, and beat Miami last year in the wild card. And they are in the playoffs this year as well...
    True.

Post Thanks / Like

Colts

The Good: game played in a SNOWSTORM!

The Bad: game was played at all

The Ugly: The league reviewing how to give teams incentives to play out the regular season by offering extra draft picks.

Well in case you didn't notice the Colts ran their starters out there for 3 series. (or just long enough to get Clark and Wayne their respective 100 receptions) Wait a second... Why couldn't they play last week vs. the Jets? Had to rest for the playoffs!?

Forget football history and 19-0. We would rather have 2 receivers with 100 catches. How many 100 reception receivers have there been? Too many to count. Way to go Colts.

All of this makes sense when the field you're playing on is somewhere under the snow. Injuries could have happened much easier this week than last ie: pulled muscles etc.

14-3 here we come!!
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yea Guels...one last thing!

Remember when the Dolphins beat the Jets, and Calvin Pace was yammering about how the wildcat wasn't "good football" and was a "gimmick"?

Saw something funny on TV last night.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yea Guels...one last thing!
    Remember when the Dolphins beat the Jets, and Calvin Pace was yammering about how the wildcat wasn't "good football" and was a "gimmick"?
    ah he said that didn't he. Didn't I also point out that week how it was perfectly fine football and the jets needed to figure out how to beat it.
    Well they did in a tried and tested way- they joined in on the fun.

Saw something funny on TV last night.
    Where you watching the highlights from the miami game ?
    That could be painful. Do not worry, the fish will get over it, they will have plenty of time for that.
    Go Jets
    as pagan put it we are #5, but thats a seed, which means we are in it...
    JETS

Post Thanks / Like

This thread used to be interesting and fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Mel it's all good! Guels and I don't have any animosity for each other! It's all in good fun!

Ever see the scene in "Gran Torino" when Clint Eastwood walks into the barber shop and they trade insults? It's like that.

Guels is a stand-up guy. Rivalries is what makes sports what they are!

Right Gueli?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: