Quantcast Rivalry Thread- NFL (jets & others) - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

If anyone wants an impartial opinion re: the Jets, I think they're an up-and-coming team that has a decent shot at getting past San Diego.

History tells us that one or two of the favorites will go down on Divisional weekend and why not San Diego? I certainly don't think it will be the Saints or Indy.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually thinking right now that Dallas is the team to beat. They put the smackdown on a good Eagles team, and have already beaten the Saints this year.

I'm thinking a Dallas/San Diego bowl for some reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    If anyone wants an impartial opinion re: the Jets, I think they're an up-and-coming team that has a decent shot at getting past San Diego.

History tells us that one or two of the favorites will go down on Divisional weekend and why not San Diego? I certainly don't think it will be the Saints or Indy.

Thanks. The Colts are 0-3 in the playoffs after a first round bye during the Peyton Manning era.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    I guess now's as good a time as any to point out that Cincy lost 4 of their last 5 games?
    ...they backed into the playoffs like the Jets did.
    Will be interesting to see how the Jetsies fare against a powerhouse.
    ah yes, but werent you among the legions- including the vegas sports books- who felt cincy would beat the jets last week ?
    Now you are making excuses ?
    Please, bro...they are not even your team...no need to make excuses for them.
    Face it the jets are playing tough.
    For the Jets to win, sanchez has to have another flawless game. I think hes turned the corner, mostly, but we will see. Many people are starting to believe the jets can win another game. Do I expect it - no. Like you, I do not have great expectations on this Jet team. But they can still do it. If their D can shut/slow down the great charges passing attack, and their offense is solid, consistant and takes their chances in a calculated way- they have a real good shot at winning this game.
    Now if they beat San Diego- will you admit the Jets are a good team ?

And oh by the way...ONLY a Jet fan would do this.
    er, umm, actually also a Cowboys fan did it.
    My nephiews initals are J. E. T.
    and his dad is a diehard 'boys fan.

Thank you. You also have said at the start of the season that the Jets were playing good ball then.
    We shall see.
    I also believe that they are an up and comming team- and that in 2 or 3 years from now- with the same coach- they may have the best D in the league- and sanchez has a tremendous upside- especially if he has an improved recieving group.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    Now if they beat San Diego- will you admit the Jets are a good team?
    I'll only answer this...

No, I won't say they're a good team. I'll say they're playing good in the playoffs. Anyone can beat anyone...hence the term "any given Sunday".

A good team doesn't go 9-7 and squeak into the playoffs on a gift. A good team goes 11-5, 12-4, etc and roars into the playoffs on their own merit.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'll only answer this...
    No, I won't say they're a good team. I'll say they're playing good in the playoffs. Anyone can beat anyone...hence the term "any given Sunday".
    A good team doesn't go 9-7 and squeak into the playoffs on a gift. A good team goes 11-5, 12-4, etc and roars into the playoffs on their own merit.
    Whew, you had me worried. Luckily the Jets got in on the dolphins merrits.
    Face it, any year, with the playoff system- any team can come in whatever their record as long as it is better than the other teams in their divison.
    As far as roaring- are you making fun of the bengals again ???
    In my opinion- the Jets did get in on their own merrits- you can & do say they were gifted in- but they beat the bengals, twice. You can no longer say they wouldnt have beaten the bengals in the regular season- because they did it again. Face it the jets are a Good team, playing Great football.
    Oh right, but you are looking at them through those orange glasses aren't you ?
    They can do nothing right in your eyes- heck if they do follow Rexs plans and somehow manage to win over the next few weeks, you will still call them pathetic, and you will still say they should not have gotten into the playoffs.
    Please, bro.
    get some real perspective.
    Fact: Jets are playing, Dolphins are fishing.

Fact: until monday morning, the Jets get to play another week.

Fact: the phish have started to fire their coaches, the Jets want to keep their staff intact- because they believ in them.
    (all right, maybe conjecture in there).

JETS
    are still in the playoffs
    JETS

Post Thanks / Like

You keep bringing the Dolphins into this. Funny...I'm a Dolphins fan and I'm not even saying anything about them. I'm realistic enough to know that they still need work.

And the only reason Rex wouldn't fire anyone would be because that would be admitting he was wrong...and a Ryan NEVER would do that.

And one question - since you seem so adamant on bringing the Dolphins into the discussion - if the Jets are a good football team, what does that make Miami for beating them twice?

Tread carefully...calling it a fluke would be awfully similar to what you did with the Bengals.

Post Thanks / Like

PS - Just saw your picks for this week.....HOMER!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

You keep bringing the Dolphins into this. Funny...And the only reason Rex wouldn't fire anyone would be because that would be admitting he was wrong...and a Ryan NEVER would do that.
    And one question - since you seem so adamant on bringing the Dolphins into the discussion - if the Jets are a good football team, what does that make Miami for beating them twice?
    Tread carefully...calling it a fluke would be awfully similar to what you did with the Bengals.
    Rex believes in the people & system he brought in. How dare he ! you are such a ryan hater.
    You know he says things that are nice about your team- and you call him names. You say he says such horrible things- and I show you the actual quotes and you have to get down off that high horse- see our previous discussions.

Oh no, the dolphins OWNED us Both games. I do not consider it a fluke- remember our discussion after the game- please dont mix me up with any other jet fans- our discussion- The Dolphins Beat the Jets twice. I did not whine, pout or have a fit. Fact: dolphins 2 jets -0.
    What does it make Miami ? Winners against the jets, twice. Just like the jets beat the bengals twice this season- a blow out and a strong win in the playoffs.

I did not call our game with the bengals a fluke ...where are you getting this stuff from ?

I keep bringing the fish into it because-
    1) I want to remind you that the Jets are still playing
    2) because you are a proud dolphins fan
    3) because I have to fire something at the dolphins
    4) because it is getting to you
    5) it is fun.
    6) because if I did not, you would be able to fire out against the Jets and I would be on the defensive
    7) Because its a rivalry
    8) Because the Jets have won a playoff game
    9) Because its getting to you
    10) because its fun

(and yes I put the same things 2x because they are good reasons)

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

PS - Just saw your picks for this week.....HOMER!
    Oh gee, did you expect me to pick against the Jets ???

who went 0 & 4 last week, was that you ??

I went 4 & 0...

maybe i will win this week, maybe I won't, but going 4 & 0 in the playoffs is something very cool !
    J
    E
    T
    S
    Jetsjetsjets

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Oh an additional comment- before I am off to work.
    The Giants beat the cowboys, you can say owned them. The eagles beat the giants, the 'boys beat the eagles.

What does that make the giants- a team that beat a playoff team twice.
    same thing with Miami & Jets-

although wouldn't it be something if the Jets get past this round...
    Go Jets

Post Thanks / Like

I never said you called the Bengals game a fluke. I said DON'T call the Miami games flukes, cause it's the same thing as you guys beating the Bengals.

Get it now?

You said you keep bringing up the Dolphins cause you think it's "getting to me".

Um...look at your comments about me talking about ol' Blabbermouth, and apply the same logic.

He says nice things huh? Funny...he didn't have anything nice to say about Woodson being voted defensive MVP. In fact, he was downright condescending.

"I wasn't going to comment on it," Ryan said, "but I would like to congratulate the people that voted for Darrelle Revis. These guys obviously really know the game. And you've got to look at all the numbers, not just a number about this, or this stat or that stat.

A number I think is interesting would be eight. And no, that's not the amount of touchdown passes Green Bay gave up against Arizona. That is the number of touchdown passes we gave up all season..."
    Classy guy, that Rex. How about congratulating the guy who won?

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

This is an outsiders interpretation of Pagan vs. gueli ...

gueli: I like the Jets!

Pagan: Yo bro ... dude ... come on ... keep it real bro ... please ... bro ... come on ... Rex Ryan is fat ... dude ... please ... bro ...

gueli: The Dolphins didn't make the playoffs and the Jets did!

Pagan: Dude ... come on bro ... keep it real ... please ... the Dolphins beat the Jets twice bro ... come on ... Rex Ryan is fat ... dude ... please ... bro ... dude ...

gueli: Yeah but the first time the Dolphins beat us Darrell Reevus had a head cold and the moon was in the 4th phase of Jupiter and someone waved a dead chicken over Rex Ryan's Volvo before the game started and put a curse on his playcalling and plus the Dolphins ran that stupid wildcat formation that's just a fad anyway.

Pagan: Whatever dude ... keep it real ... please ... Rex Ryan is a blowhard bro ... come on ... Rex Ryan is fat ... dude ... please ... bro ... dude ... The Jets can't win a playoff game anyway dude ... bro ... you're going to be disappointed ... dude ... the Bengals quit dude ... the Colts sat all their players bro ... it's a fraud dude ... bro ... dude ... bro ... dude ...

gueli: We won! We won! Super Bowl bound! Where's Pagan?? Where's Pagan??

Pagan: Whatever dude ... keep it real ... please ... Rex Ryan is a blowhard bro ... come on ... Rex Ryan is fat ... dude ... please ... bro ... dude ... The Benglas stink bro ... bro ... bro ... you're going to be disappointed ... dude ... Jets can't beat a real team like the Chargers bro ... bro ... bro ... dude ... bro ...

I can't tell you how engaging this is for the rest of us!
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

This is an outsiders interpretation of Pagan vs. gueli ...

Pagan: Dude ... come on bro ... keep it real ... please ... the Dolphins beat the Jets twice bro ... come on ... Rex Ryan is fat ... dude ... please ... bro ... dude ...

gueli: Yeah but the first time the Dolphins beat us Darrell Reevus had a head cold and the moon was in the 4th phase of Jupiter and someone waved a dead chicken over Rex Ryan's Volvo before the game started and put a curse on his playcalling and plus the Dolphins ran that stupid wildcat formation that's just a fad anyway.

Pagan: Whatever dude ... keep it real ... please ... Rex Ryan is a blowhard bro ... come on ... Rex Ryan is fat ... dude ... please ... bro ... dude ... The Jets can't win a playoff game anyway dude ... bro ... you're going to be disappointed ... dude ... the Bengals quit dude ... the Colts sat all their players bro ... it's a fraud dude ... bro ... dude ... bro ... dude ...
    Funniest part of the whole post...I laughed out loud in my office !
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Funniest part of the whole post...I laughed out loud in my office !
    Glad I could help!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I can't tell you how engaging this is for the rest of us!
    And yet here you are reading it.

By the way your post was funny, but it would have been infinitely funnier had I posted "dude" or "bro" even ONCE in this entire thread.

Which I didn't. (I'll wait while you go check.)

But keep playing Ian. You'll get it right eventually.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

By the way your post was funny, but it would have been infinitely funnier had I posted "dude" or "bro" even ONCE in this entire thread.

Which I didn't. (I'll wait while you go check.)

But keep playing Ian. You'll get it right eventually.
    I know ... I actually did search for both "bro" and "dude" in this thread and didn't find either, but since you used both extensively in the other thread I felt that gave me the creative license to go ahead and use both terms at will.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Lol

Post Thanks / Like

He had to read it...he's a moderator.

Very, very funny Ian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    He had to read it...he's a moderator.

Very, very funny Ian.
    Then my joke was just as accurate as his.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: