Quantcast Rivalry Thread- NFL (jets & others) - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Ok the Jets win another game.

Yes Pagan, I am happy for them.
    No I am not bragging about them playing some awesome playoff football, I am happy that they get to play another week - and have a shot - mind you an outside shot- at going to the show.

Can they get past the Colts ?
    If they do, will you accept that they are a good team ?

Next week-
    1 more week
    Go Jets
    J
    E
    T
    S
    JetsJetsJets

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the win Guels...I'm coming in this morning to say that the Jets are probably going to go to the super bowl this year.

I base that on the fact that EVERYTHING seems to be going their way.

Yes, they played good...I won't take that away from them.

But I sincerely hope you're sending a thank you card to the Charger's kicker.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    It's funny, though ... That guy was money all season long and then all of a sudden he collapses and can't hit a kick to save his life.

Makes you wonder ... was it something the Jets did or were doing that caused those misses?

The Jets are a team that's playing really well right now. It will be very interesting to see how they fare against the Colts. Personally, I felt like the Chargers offense was more potent than the Colts' so .... we'll have to see if the Jets defense has it in them one more week.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    It's funny, though ... That guy was money all season long and then all of a sudden he collapses and can't hit a kick to save his life.
    No bro look at his past. He's always choked in the playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the win Guels...I'm coming in this morning to say that the Jets are probably going to go to the super bowl this year.
    I base that on the fact that EVERYTHING seems to be going their way.
    Yes, they played good...I won't take that away from them.
    Thank you. They are playing good. I am not ready to say the will win it, but they will give the colts all they can handle.
    You are right, everything is going their way. As aJet fan, that scares me. We have seen so many colapses over the years. I believe in them, they are playing good, but so are the colts. One game at a time.
    PS - did you see revis quotes after the game. Almost offsets the big guys bravado. What a humble man- "i just hope I can cover them..."

Makes you wonder ... was it something the Jets did or were doing that caused those misses?
    The Jets are a team that's playing really well right now. It will be very interesting to see how they fare against the Colts. Personally, I felt like the Chargers offense was more potent than the Colts' so .... we'll have to see if the Jets defense has it in them one more week.
    This is the luck part. The Cincy kicker also has been good all year than in the wildcard, something happened and the jets got lucky.

No bro look at his past. He's always choked in the playoffs.
    But 0 for 2 ? (that middle kick was almost unmakeable anyway)...
    This is the luck of the Jets this year.

But thanks for the kind words.

J
    E
    T
    S
    Jets jets jets

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Pagan-
    just saw your picks for this week
    you would have had me worried if you picked the Jets....

Post Thanks / Like

Okay I'm back on the Jets bashing wagon.

OH...how we want karma to bite them in the keister. Go to the Jets Shop page. They're PRE-ORDERING Jets "AFC Champions" gear.

Amazingly huge set of brass ones, huh?

And this is how bad they've gotten...Jay Feely....the KICKER....during an interview.

Are you shocked that you are in the AFC Championship game?

"We were shocked that we lost to the Dolphins twice, we were shocked that we lost to Atlanta with so much on the line."

Is your team better than the Dolphins?

"Of course. Unquestionably. Without a doubt."

I see the difference between both teams being that the Colts rested their starters against your team and played all the way through against Miami, they also beat you twice.

"No, the difference is that we found a way to get in the playoffs and they did not."
    You found a way, huh Jay? You mean others ALLOWED you in.

Unquestionably you're better than the Dolphins huh? Is that why they scored 30 points on your vaunted defense TWICE, and beat you...TWICE?

A kicker trash talking for a team. It's kind of like letting your wife do your fighting for you.

Then you have Bart Scott:

He (Rex Ryan) brought with him a physical defense and a mindset for the team to be physical, something that was previously not present in the division.
    Really Bart? You mean the division you went 2-4 in? You mean the same division the Dolphins are in? The team that manhandled your defensive line? Not physical huh?

It's official. The Jets are drinking their own kool aid.

Post Thanks / Like

Aparently, it's working.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Well ... in fairness ... I have to agree with Pagan on this one.

You never claim you're better than a team that beat you twice, even if you think you are.

And especially not if you're the kicker. Kickers are supposed to make kicks and shut up.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Okay I'm back on the Jets bashing wagon.
    OH...how we want karma to bite them in the keister. Go to the Jets Shop page. They're PRE-ORDERING Jets "AFC Champions" gear.
    Amazingly huge set of brass ones, huh?
    I am glad you are back.
    Yeah, I wouldn't even think about that stuff until the game is settled. I know you will blame Ryan for this, but be real - this is the Jets front office. He does not sell game gear or T shirts.

And this is how bad they've gotten...Jay Feely....the KICKER....during an interview.
    You found a way, huh Jay? You mean others ALLOWED you in.
    First off - he did play a role in the games that got them there. In addition- the Jets still had to beat the Colts & the Bengals to get in. Something Jet teams have had problems doing - Its like the QB who throws an interception- it is the QB's fault, but there is a lot more than that- the QB could be under pressure, the defender has to be in the right spot, and still has to make the catch.
    How does this relate- The Jets still had to go & beat the colts 2nd team, and the bengals 'vanilla' offense, something that they could have blown. It is like a gift pick, it still requires that you catch the ball. More often than not the Jets drop that pick, dont go to the playoff & another team is in.

Unquestionably you're better than the Dolphins huh? Is that why they scored 30 points on your vaunted defense TWICE, and beat you...TWICE?
    A kicker trash talking for a team. It's kind of like letting your wife do your fighting for you.
    My wife will Kick you keester !!!
    I can make no excuses for the Jets speaking out against the dolphins - the only part that feely has correct is the Jets are in the playoffs.
    But in Fairness to the dolphins - THEY OWNED THE JETS THIS SEASON.

Really Bart? You mean the division you went 2-4 in? You mean the same division the Dolphins are in? The team that manhandled your defensive line? Not physical huh?
    Alright, he is insane. But we knew that anyway. He has been trash talking since day one. I do get what he is saying - that the AFC east POWERHOUSE is the Patriots, and they have been a finnesse team.
    I also do not doubt that he thinks of his previous team, the Ravens, and the style of football that they play. In his mind (insane as it is) he believes that the Bills & Dolphins do not boast such a physicla offense.
    However, to contridict him -
    The Dolphins played more physically than the Jets during their game this season. You can tell by the final scores, as the Dolphin Running game beat the Jets Defense twice this season. Both games were highly physical, and the Fish prevailed in both.
    No I am not a dolphins supporter. But I do accept the facts.

As far as the Kool aid - come on pagan, its obvious that Big Rex has the Jets Soaring high. There is a good chance that the plane will crash this week. The colts are too good to take lightly.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Aparently, it's working.
    Go Jets

Well ... in fairness ... I have to agree with Pagan on this one.
    You never claim you're better than a team that beat you twice, even if you think you are.And especially not if you're the kicker. Kickers are supposed to make kicks and shut up.
    As you can see from above, I tend to agree with most of what pagan said. and you are right - to claim you are better than them, makes no sense to me. Be grateful for where you are. Yes you had to play hard to get here, but do not put down the teams that beat you.

The only defense of Jay Feely that I have is this- perhaps he is looking to get into broadcasting after his kicking days are done.

Are the Jets better than the dolphins ? Not in a head to head match up. The dolphins proved that this season.
    But the Jets are in the playoffs, at least until Sunday.
    For that they should be proud. Their defense is playing better than when they faced Miami, their offense is playing better too. They have played 2 fantastic playoff games.
    But they need to win one more to get to the Show. Than 1 more after that to have a parade.
    Until they do that, they are the 5th seed. A 9 & 7 team who should thank their lucky stars and play as hard as they can. Because no matter what happens this year, it all starts again this summer. and no matter what- they will have to play the Dolphins at least 2 times next season.

Now mind you, I do like to give it to Pagan that the Jets are in the playoffs, and the fish are playing golf. But believe me, I respect that the Dolphins beat us, even if the Jets seem to have forgotten.

The Jets last year were 9 & 7, and Something needed to change. I like what Rex has brought, even if we have the same regular season record. There is a lot of upside to this team, and this playoff experience should be invaluable, should we get into the playoffs again. But lets worry about what is in front of us, and just go out and Play the Game.
    Go Jets

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Ok so the Jets say lots of things,
    here is rex ryan in news conference
    The reporters ask:
    ...On if he thinks anything he says adversely affects the team…

Rex Ryan
    No, I don't. I think you better believe in yourself, you better believe in your football team. That's all it is. There's never a disrespectful thing. I don't try to say anything disrespectful to the opponents that we're playing. It's all about our football team and the belief that we have. The only time I wish I had a mute button is when NFL Films has me miked up for a game. Sometimes that one's brutal, but you don't even realize it [smiling].

Now I know that Pagan will have plenty to say about this, I have highlighted 1 section-
    to which I would tell Rex, you may not mean to, but sometimes you & your guys are disrespectful- especially concerning the fish...
    oh well

But Rex has also done a lot of good things- some examples include-
    early in the season- he calls (recorded message) all the season ticket holders & asks them to 'help the jets' beat the patriots by being the 12th man.
    at the end of the season- he suggests that the players go around the stadium, & thank the fans who are left...

J
    E
    T
    S
    Jet Jets Jets

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Just want to point something out
    from the NY post
    The Colts are equally confident, offering the same deal on their Web site
    reffering to afc championship gear.
    Hey Pagan, give both sides of the story, if you are going to do it

not just the side that makes the Jets look bad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    Hey Pagan, give both sides of the story, if you are going to do it

not just the side that makes the Jets look bad
    Now what fun in a rivalry thread would THAT be?

Post Thanks / Like

Um....Guels?

Just went to the Colts' official page and pro shop. There seems to be NO "AFC Champion" gear for sale there.

Funny, neither the Vikings or the Saints are doing anything like that either.

Only the ever-cocky Jets.

Post Thanks / Like

Just went to the Colts' official page and pro shop. There seems to be NO "AFC Champion" gear for sale there.

I just went to the Dolphins official page and pro shop... No Championship gear there either.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I just went to the Dolphins official page and pro shop... No Championship gear there either.
    Last I checked you can get FIVE AFC Championship shirts from them.

How many can you get from the Jets? Oh yea that's right, they've never BEEN champs of the AFC.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Um....Guels?

Only the ever-cocky Jets.

Now you did read my post

I quoted this morning's NY POST, your favorite for news from the jets
    I didn't say anything about their website...

LoL

Last I checked you can get FIVE AFC Championship shirts from them.
    How many can you get from the Jets? Oh yea that's right, they've never BEEN champs of the AFC.
    Wow, talk about Jelousy !

I just went to the Dolphins pro-shop there are no AFC Championship stuff available, not through web search...so I did a web search, nothing there for the Dolphins either...

but hey why let that ruin your fun.

More good stuff from Rex:
    - Jets are making Curtis Martin an honary captain for the game
    - Rex sent Marty Shottenheimer a game ball from the divisonal round...

what no comments from you on my previous posts ? or do you just jump to the last one, not realising that I have responded to you multiple times...

Post Thanks / Like

Now you did read my post

I quoted this morning's NY POST, your favorite for news from the jets
    I didn't say anything about their website...
    Wow...a Jet fan who quotes the POST? I never would have thought it!

I'm just telling you that ONLY your guys are the only cocky ones, that's all...and hopefully all those AFC Championship shirts will help out the poor people in Haiti when they're shipped over there along with all the Pat's "19-0" shirts.

Wow, talk about Jelousy !
    Okay...the Phins won five AFC titles, the Jets have won none. How does that make ME jealous?

In case you haven't taken a break from the kool aid yet, the Jets haven't won squat yet.

At least wait until after they win to say I'm jealous. That should be in about another 41 years.

I just went to the Dolphins pro-shop there are no AFC Championship stuff available, not through web search...so I did a web search, nothing there for the Dolphins either...

but hey why let that ruin your fun.
    Now you did read my post.

I never said you can get the shirts from the pro shop. I said you can get them.

And when you think about it, you can get the same amount of shirts from the Dolphin's site as you can from the Jet's one. Allow me to repeat, you haven't won squat yet.

Heck, I can put up "President Pagan 2012" shirts on my site. Means about the same thing.

Only difference is, I'm not stupid enough to do that.

More good stuff from Rex:
    - Jets are making Curtis Martin an honary captain for the game
    Why not make Joe Namath one? After all, he's one of the only Jets who ever mattered anyway.

- Rex sent Marty Shottenheimer a game ball from the divisonal round...
    Awwww...he's just a big ol' teddy bear, ain't he?

what no comments from you on my previous posts ? or do you just jump to the last one, not realising that I have responded to you multiple times...
    There was no need to respond. You responded to what I posted with your answer. I pretty much agree with alot of what you said, save for the Feely parts...so why bother?

I'm not even going to try and point out to you exactly how Ryan is anymore, since in your mind you've crowned him "St. Rex", and in between blowing off his mouth he's busy helping women give birth in taxis, saving children from burning buildings, curing cancer and solving world hunger.

Move on, my friend.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'm just telling you that ONLY your guys are the only cocky ones, that's all...
    Okay...the Phins won five AFC titles, the Jets have won none. How does that make ME jealous?
    In case you haven't taken a break from the kool aid yet, the Jets haven't won squat yet.

To start I will reply with a quote from this thread
    Thank you. They are playing good. I am not ready to say the will win it, but they will give the colts all they can handle.
    You are right, everything is going their way. As a Jet fan, that scares me. We have seen so many colapses over the years. I believe in them, they are playing good, but so are the colts. One game at a time.
    And why would you be Jealous- because the team you love to hate is STILL PLAYING.
    Duh
    As I said, not on the web. I googled it. Can't find em, I was gonna make some sort of comment about why you would want a shirt from the '80s, but I couldn't find any Dolphin AFC Championship gear, anywhere. Maybe you can have it made special...

Why not make Joe Namath one? After all, he's one of the only Jets who ever mattered anyway.
    Awwww...he's just a big ol' teddy bear, ain't he?
    I'm not even going to try and point out to you exactly how Ryan is anymore, since in your mind you've crowned him "St. Rex", and in between blowing off his mouth he's busy helping women give birth in taxis, saving children from burning buildings, curing cancer and solving world hunger.
    Solving world Hunger- isnt he causing world hunger ?
    Why Curtis, why not Joe ? You say Joe is the only one who mattered. not to me. Bruce Harper, Wayne Chebret, al toon...Marty Lions, Joe Klecko...but why curtis ? could it be symbolically he is speaking about the run game, curtis is the JETS all time rushing leader...

Now as to saint Rex - boy that is a reach. To counteract your Rex Ryan hatred, I figured I would bring out some of the cool stuff he has done, for the fans, for the team. You call him a loudmouth. But when you watch his pressconferences, he is not yelling, he is not being some overbearing bore. He answers questions- truthfully- often in a joking manor- but he is apparently quite the people person.
    In addition to that, he is respectful of the fans - and what I mean by that, he acknowledges we exist & seems to care about us. Under previous coaches, the Jets that came before the coach got here, and the fans were an afterthought, if acknowledged at all.
    So apparently Rex is a people person. I just try to defend him- as he said nice things about the dolphins, he acknowledged them after the last game- from the Ryan haters who want to portray him in a different light.
    your st. rex comment proves this, as you apparently think he is demon spawn.

J
    E
    T
    S
    Jets Jets Jets

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: