Quantcast "Too young to remember"? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

cant some memories be us adults too?
    btw, we went with our then 10, 8 and 2 year old. The two year old remembers more than we would have thought! (she is now 6) When we ask questions about favorite rides, she still remembers stuff!
    Forever
    Rely
    On
    God!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

These memories will be for you and that’s ok! We took my DS at 17 months old, and he gave me the greatest memories at the Pooh breakfast, when he was hugging on my shoulder, and said “Pooh, Daddy, Pooh’! Go have a good time.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"

Post Thanks / Like

ive been having the same trouble with people..including family members..i wanna take my little girl when she is 2 years old..i know its going to be a different kind of vacation..and she wont remember much..but i dont care..i wanna share my favorite place with my lil girl..so im gonna do every thing in my power to try to make it happen..
    i say go for it and have a wonderful time!!
    let us know how it went! enjoy!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I say take your children and have a great time! Life is too short ! Take your family and enjoy making memories. Our only WDW regret was when we took our children for the first time (January 2001) that we didn't have the Grandparents with us. Those would have been great memories.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

We took DS at 5 months old. Of course he won't remember but we have some awesome pictures and memories from it. We're also going this year and he'll only be 1 1/2. So what? It's totally a great adult experience as well.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

One other thing. I have on my desk a picture of DH and DS. The picture was taken while waiting in line for Kilimanjaro Safaris at AK. DH is wearing a kufi that he bought at AK that day and DS is smiling and pointing at the camera. If we didn't go to WDW when DS was at an age where he wouldn''t be able to remember the trip, then I wouldn't have that picture.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Our youngest was 8 months old the "first" time he went ,actually, we went while I was pregnant with him and he says that totally counts.

Anyway, one of MY best memories is seeing him try to stand and take a few steps in the Wonders of Life pavilion in the "Goofy About Health" area.

I have many memories of sitting with my two boys there while everyone else rode Body Wars and they were too little to go!

So, go - and enjoy. The memories, yours and your child's, are there for the making!
    Oct '94 - WL
    Feb '96 - PO
    Nov '96 - ASMu/Offsite
    Oct '97 - Cari
    Aug '98 - Off Site
    Feb '99 - ASMovies
    Oct '00 - Poly/BC
    Sep '01 - POR
    May '02 - WL/POR
    Jan '04 - BC and Cont
    Dec '04 - POP
    Jan '06 - BC
    Dec '07 - POR
    Aug '09 - POR

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it really matters if little ones remember their first trip(s). They can still enjoy the experience. My two DD's were 2 and 3& 1/2 on their first trip. They don't remember it but they LOVED every minute of their trip. My mom and brother went with us and we all had a wonderful time. My DD's also enjoy looking back at the pictures that were taken and they both still have the stuffed animals they got on their first trip. (They are 19& 1/2 and 21 now! HA)
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I had known about this "kids don't remember anything until they are 5 or 6" thing. Just think how much money and effort could have been saved by just locking them in a bare room until they were 7 and knowing you didn't hurt their development and they wouldn't remember what you did anyway
    I don't want to start an argument or anything but like I said in my previous post my parents took me when I was 5 for the first time and I didn't remember anything but leading up to my first Disney trip they used to take me to the local amusement park for twenty bucks a day versus a couple grand and tell me it was Disney World and I believed them (supposedly). I guess what I am trying to say is that you don't have to "lock the kids in a bare room" for a few years until they're old enough to remember, you can do other things with them and still see that same joy on their face. Ultimately though, this trip isn't just for your kids it is for you too. Enjoy.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pink View Post
    I don't want to start an argument or anything but like I said in my previous post my parents took me when I was 5 for the first time and I didn't remember anything but leading up to my first Disney trip they used to take me to the local amusement park for twenty bucks a day versus a couple grand and tell me it was Disney World and I believed them (supposedly). I guess what I am trying to say is that you don't have to "lock the kids in a bare room" for a few years until they're old enough to remember, you can do other things with them and still see that same joy on their face. Ultimately though, this trip isn't just for your kids it is for you too. Enjoy.
    I agree. We are certainly not going to lock are kid up. Luckily we live 12 miles from Disneyland, so he will get his first Disney experiences there, plus visits to science museums, zoos and other local attractions. When we spend money to take our family trip to WDW we want him to have memories other than just stories, photos and videos.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

It will depend on the child. Our oldest son was almost 3 on his first trip and he really doesn't remember anything. Our youngest was just over 3 and still talks about things he did 6 years later.

You don't not celebrate a child's birthdays or holidays because they won't remember, you do it to create family memories and experiences. Bring a camera and/or a video camera. You can certainly document the trip enough to show they what they did if they can't remember.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15