Quantcast What resort have you stayed at and would NOT stay at again? - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Post Thanks / Like

I stayed at the GF once and would return. Every other time I've stayed value. Any problems I've encountered at a value, I have encountered at other hotels during my travels over the years. I will gladly return to a value if it means I can go to Disney as much as I prefer which is usually once a month. I do like to avoid POP because of its size and the crowded buses.

I would pick a value any day over a moderate that doesn't offer an elevator. Having no elevator is completely unacceptable.
    Last edited by Jeff; 02-15-2010 at 08:29 PM. Reason: TOS
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jenemmy View Post
    All that being said --- If I had to pitch a tent in the parking lot of the TTC to go to Disney, I surely would.
    I think the majority of us would be right with you!!! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by PetefromRI View Post
    I'd have to say our least favorite was the Beach Club . . . Like I've said,everything is relative though.If they offered the BC for a value price I'd go back in a heartbeat but overall it just didn't do it for us for the price we spent.
    I agree. I was disappointed with the BC as well. I too felt my money could have been better spent. The walk to Epcot was the only perk I saw. The pool was nice but if you have small children that want to play in different areas then it make a relaxing day at the pool a nightmare . At the other resorts you can lounge by the pool and watch the kids swim and slide instead of running around like a nut watching them (I'm one that likes my children in sight all the time, even my teenager, too many crazy people out there)

Quote Originally Posted by PixieMagic View Post
    I wouldn't stay at the Contemporary unless it was the last monorail resort left...not because of bad service or location, but we just feel it's an eye sore and lacks greatly in the theme dept....

...and when you spend that much on a vacation...you want it to be worth it..........

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    This just goes to show that everyone has different experiences at the same resort. I have stayed at Coronado Springs numerous times and have never had any issues with cleanliness or service. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.
    I was thinking the same thing! Coronado Springs is our favorite moderate resort. The staff has always been wonderful and we've never had any issues. Plus Mike's sangria is the best I've had, it sure did make doing the laundry much more enjoyable!!! LOL!

The only resorts I would not go back to are Pop and CBR, not a fan of either. I like the values (movies and music) but not the POP. As far as CBR stands I really do not like that the front desk and the food options are in two searate buildings no where near each other. I found the resort huge and cold, just a bit univiting for us.

The BC I would only go back to if it were in a DVC unit. Other than that I didn't find it worth the money.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

We have always stayed at Values (love them!) out of Sports, Movies and POP we would veto staying at POP again. For us, it's too big, we loved Movies and Sports and would pick them or Music over POP. Also, we like the themeing of the All Stars vs. POP.
    Autism Awareness-Solve the Puzzle
    June 1989-Off Site
    May 2002-Off Site
    October 2006-All Star Movies
    March 2007-All Star Sports
    March 2008-Pop Century
    September 2008-Pop Century
    October 2009-All Star Movies
    February 2010-Dolphin

November 2010-Birthday & Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

I just got back from a short stay at the Dolphin and would not stay there again. Not sure if that counts for this discussion since it is a Sheraton hotel now. Staff,lobby, and grounds were nice but was not impressed with the room. It may have been the location - I was on the second floor which was actually downstairs from the lobby. Lots of dark narrow hallways - I felt like i was in the basement! My room was not very clean, very thin walls, and furniture/fixtures were old and showing wear. Not horrible but I would not want to be there for an extended stay.
    Dave

Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas!

1984 - First Trip! (offsite)
    1986 - offsite
    1990 - offsite
    1998 - CBR
    2003 - Yacht Club
    2008 - Hilton WDW
    2010 - Dolphin
    2011 - POFQ
    2012 - Coronado Springs
    2012 - CBR (Everest Challenge)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDW84 View Post
    I just got back from a short stay at the Dolphin and would not stay there again. Not sure if that counts for this discussion since it is a Sheraton hotel now. Staff,lobby, and grounds were nice but was not impressed with the room. It may have been the location - I was on the second floor which was actually downstairs from the lobby. Lots of dark narrow hallways - I felt like i was in the basement! My room was not very clean, very thin walls, and furniture/fixtures were old and showing wear. Not horrible but I would not want to be there for an extended stay.
    YIKES -- I didn't even know there were rooms below the lobby! That's a shame. We stayed there last spring and liked it so much we are going back this spring. I don't think I would have liked to have been where you were put either, though......
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post

We did have an issue once when checking in to All Star Movies...we got there late (10-11pm ish) and we couldn't get into the room. We had to go back to the front desk twice, and also called once before we finally got someone to come an open the door for us. The card reader had reset and didn't know which room it was, so our room keys wouldn't open the door. They had to reprogram the thing. We had three small kids waiting (two fell asleep on their coats on the concrete outside the door), and it wound up being midnight before we could get in the room and put them to bed. But every other time we've stayed at AS Sports, it's been great.
    Had this issue twice in one stay at POFQ!
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDW84 View Post
    Wow! I stayed there just a few months ago and everything was perfect. I'll have to remember to request a room not on the second floor next time.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I would not stay at the Contemporary again because of the staff. We had a club level room and with the exception of Mousekeeping, I thought the staff was rude and not very helpful. One day I stood a good 15 minutes waiting for the 1 person working at the desk to end a call that clearly was not work related. Another night I asked how to get to the laundry facility and they couldn't tell me. I also felt that it was a very "cold" resort.

I have had a much nicer time with very helpful people at the Poly.

So for me the Contemporary would be a NEVER again.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't think of a Disney resort I wouldn't stay at (although I am far from staying at all of them) but one thing comes to mind:

- Any resort where the cheerleaders are staying. I have never met a ruder bunch of girls and the adults were not much better. I understand they want to have fun but running up and down the halls pounding on doors at 2 in the morning is not cool.

The lock issue happened to me at Pop. It was midnight after a long day at MK and it took two walks back to the front desk (the CM was a bit harsh as if it was my fault that I didn't know how to use the card key) until I got smart and used the house phone next to the elevator. It took another half hour until someone showed up to fix the lock. It had to be reprogrammed.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I can see why poor service would be a major issue, when you are paying so much money!

Quote Originally Posted by jmj18 View Post
    I would not stay at the Contemporary again because of the staff. We had a club level room and with the exception of Mousekeeping, I thought the staff was rude and not very helpful. One day I stood a good 15 minutes waiting for the 1 person working at the desk to end a call that clearly was not work related. Another night I asked how to get to the laundry facility and they couldn't tell me. I also felt that it was a very "cold" resort.

I have had a much nicer time with very helpful people at the Poly.

So for me the Contemporary would be a NEVER again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty View Post
    I can't think of a Disney resort I wouldn't stay at (although I am far from staying at all of them) but one thing comes to mind:

- Any resort where the cheerleaders are staying. I have never met a ruder bunch of girls and the adults were not much better. I understand they want to have fun but running up and down the halls pounding on doors at 2 in the morning is not cool.
    Yes - good point! They were at POR last time we stayed there - the "cheer practice" in the food court, the running up and down the paths shoving my youngest daughter out of the way.... Put a major damper on our stay. I'm sure individually they are very nice girls, but as a group they turn into something else!

Post Thanks / Like

We don't hate any of the Disney Resorts. But Pop was our least favorite. Given that there are many other choices, we will never choose to stay at Pop Century again (just too loud).

April, 1998 Coronado Springs
    April, 2001 Coronado Springs
    January, 2004 All-Star Sports
    July, 2005 Caribbean Beach Resort
    April, 2006 Pop Century
    December, 2006 All-Star Sports
    March, 2008 All-Star Movies
    April, 2009 All-Star Music
    August, 2010 Disney's Swan Resort

Post Thanks / Like

So far we would gladly go back to any of the resorts.
    Our last trip was AKL and we loved it and felt it was the most unique resort we have ever stayed at. I guess I don't really get the "not Disney enough" remarks. For us because it is at WDW, that alone makes it uniquely Disney. No , MM is not running around the lobby or It's a Small World playing over the music system,that kind of Disney is what the parks give us.
    We also loved YC, that location is truly a Disney lovers dream spot. We also loved Beach Club.
    We are going to try out Coronada Springs in Sept. I am glad to see the reasons why some did not like it, not enough to change my mind.
    On another site that rates them based on reviews of thousands of guests, Coronada got an 8.42 out of 10 rating.
    Good Enough for us.
    I am not surprised at all in regard to the Value remarks, the very reason we have not ventured there.
    Kim, Mom of Two Russian Angels

Post Thanks / Like

Coronado Springs, never again. Also wasn't thrilled with WL because of the transportation options, but love the building and grounds so it could be in the running again someday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    Ditto for me as well...just not impressed with the resort.

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Default Polynesian

We had horrible customer service and felt that the rooms were out of date. The restaurants were OK (at best). But, the check-in staff could not have been ruder to us. We tried to talk to the manager, but she did not seem to care either. Very frustrating...

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rsulli61 View Post
    We had horrible customer service and felt that the rooms were out of date. The restaurants were OK (at best). But, the check-in staff could not have been ruder to us. We tried to talk to the manager, but she did not seem to care either. Very frustrating...
    Had a very similar experience staying at the Poly a few years ago (club level, no less!) and haven't been back since.

Probably never will either.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post
    POR

Both times we stayed there the rooms were just gross (we were tied into the second stay and couldn't switch resorts). Guest service at the main desk and in the gift shop were also abysmal.

But, lesson learned. We just don't go back.
    i disagree i think this hotel is amazing. It could use a few updates but pleases me everytime i stay there. POFQ wouldd not go back there ever. Run down and dirty.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the Boardwalk last year, and never again! Mainly a couple of reasons, the main being dining options. If you are on the QS plan, which we were, there is ONE option to eat, without having to go to the Yacht Club. This was the bakery. How many times can you eat a cold sandwich or salad? There was a pizza stand there-does not take the dining plan. A hot dog stand...no dining plan accepted. What was left was Big River Grille (I think thats the name) and was a TS only, so we were so hungry we ended up paying out of pocket and the food was horrible and expensive! One night we went to the stand that sells popcorn...over an hour before they closed...the were out of popcorn...and refused to make us more. So frustrating. We ended up paying tons of money at the ESPN club (I think that may be another restaurant that doesn't take any form of the dining plan?) Besides the hallways were FREEZING and our room was at the end of the earth. And the nightlife left little to be desired. We were there in Sept, so maybe things were just slower. But looking at the resort online it seemed like there were all kinds of fun things to do on the boardwalk....there was one basketball throwing stand, and a street performer for about a half hour, and then the two nightclubs. (we are not nightclub people, so we were not interested in those). Overall we were very, very disappointed. Oh, and we did have to call security on the people who were in the room next to us and their kids were slamming into the walls at 1 am. The hotel was great and sent someone to their door quickly. The room was clean and charming as well. Overall, we were very disappointed in the resort and will never go back. We really like the Contemporary and would love to stay there next time!
    2 TRIPS AS A CHILD!
    00-CBR 1st trip with now husband!
    05 ASM
    07 CR & 1st MNSSHP
    08 POFQ MNSSHP
    09 BW MNSSHP
    10 AKL MNSSHP
    11 CS MNSSHP!
    12 Two DL Trips & MNSSHP
    13 POLY MNSSHP
    14 WL MNSSHP
    15 POLY MNSSHP