Quantcast Is Brett Farve playing next season - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post
    I would guess this it it. I have spent way to much time and effort explaining..and you can have the last word....that is unless I am provoked

Greenlawler its been a healthy and honarable debate and most of all fun
    I have learnt alot from you and on why the Americans call it World Champions .

Its what they call a clash of cultures i guess

Am not going to have the last word as such .
    Lets just say we have both been weve both learnt from each other from the passed few days .

Maybe we might meet up on one of those intercotees disney meets and have a drink one day
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER View Post
    Greenlawler its been a healthy and honarable debate and most of all fun
    I have learnt alot from you and on why the Americans call it World Champions .

Its what they call a clash of cultures i guess

Am not going to have the last word as such .
    Lets just say we have both been weve both learnt from each other from the passed few days .

Maybe we might meet up on one of those intercotees disney meets and have a drink one day
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

Brett Favre may play next year.

OK first I want to reiterate that I personally don’t use the term “World Champions” when it comes to the 4 major sports in the USA, and, at least in my circle, I don’t know many who do. But, it is undeniable that, all things being fair and equal (meaning no country like the Soviet Union not allowing their hockey players to play elsewhere,) the champions of those four sports would 9 out of 10 times beat any other team in the world.

Brett Favre may not play next year.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Now weirdly enough i am going to get on the subject of Brett Farve .

I read that Kurt Warner retired ( i hope my info is correct )

Now please put up with my ignorance as we dont get all the follow up programmes you get in the UK .
    After watching Farve this season ,i can honestly say in my humble opinion that yes he could play another season ....but was this the same for Warner ?
    ( regardless of his reasons to go )
    And do you think Farve has another season where he can still produce the goods ? ...Cheers
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Warner did indeed retire. And I can guarantee he will stay retired.

I think both could play again next year if they wanted to. At the same level, maybe not, but there are a lot of teams out there that have bad QB's that would take them.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Warner did indeed retire. And I can guarantee he will stay retired.

I think both could play again next year if they wanted to. At the same level, maybe not, but there are a lot of teams out there that have bad QB's that would take them.
    Cheers Scar
    Yeah the Raiders for one ... mind you we wouldnt just stop at getting a decent quarterback either the list would go on !!!

Shame about Warner he seemed a true gentlemen to me whenever he was interviewed . He will get a tv panelist job easy
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER View Post
    Cheers Scar
    Yeah the Raiders for one ... mind you we wouldnt just stop at getting a decent quarterback either the list would go on !!!

Shame about Warner he seemed a true gentlemen to me whenever he was interviewed . He will get a tv panelist job easy
    Not sure about Warner getting much television exposure. He is a pretty outspoken Christian. It was a shame to see him retire.

I would take Favre on my team anyday. If he was a Titan this year we might be playing Sunday. Chris Johnson does not have "fumblidus," like other running backs

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post
    Not sure about Warner getting much television exposure. He is a pretty outspoken Christian. It was a shame to see him retire.
    I would take Favre on my team anyday. If he was a Titan this year we might be playing Sunday. Chris Johnson does not have "fumblidus," like other running backs
    I agree, warner could have played a few more years. As far as the TV exposure - could he be a commentator- sure. I do not think anyone would crucify him for being a christian and being a football commentator. But I do not believe that is where he wants to be.

Having had favre on my team - I would like to comment on your last comment. Can he play ? absolutely. But much like any older player he is subject to injuries taking longer to heal. He is a heck of a good QB. But the Vikings suit him fine, If he were to come back, I could see him playing for them again- even with his little war with his head coach. They were thisclose to beating the saints. Favre needs a team, like the vikings, who just need a QB. All the other positions need to be filled with talent.

We will see at the start of next season...

Post Thanks / Like

Now that this horse has been beaten all the way to the glue factory..

maybe somebody can explain to me why the qb gets the credit for a win, but in the case of a loss, everybody scrutinizes the other facets of the game?

a winner is a winner..a choker is a choker. Atlanta, NYG, Saints. There is a common thread here. Favre had the opportunity in two games, and could not close the deal. Atlanta, he played terrible...Rams also. If I recall, five picks in that game.

He has all the numbers. He was a great qb. But not the best. I would take Tom Brady, Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw, Bart Starr, or Joe Montana in a big game over Favre.

Back to the original question: Who knows, who cares, let's sit back and enjoy the Super bowl, to see who is crowned Super bowl champion
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Missy_Mouses_Dad View Post
    Now that this horse has been beaten all the way to the glue factory..

maybe somebody can explain to me why the qb gets the credit for a win, but in the case of a loss, everybody scrutinizes the other facets of the game?

a winner is a winner..a choker is a choker. Atlanta, NYG, Saints. There is a common thread here. Favre had the opportunity in two games, and could not close the deal. Atlanta, he played terrible...Rams also. If I recall, five picks in that game.

He has all the numbers. He was a great qb. But not the best. I would take Tom Brady, Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw, Bart Starr, or Joe Montana in a big game over Favre.

Back to the original question: Who knows, who cares, let's sit back and enjoy the Super bowl, to see who is crowned Super bowl champion

If you want to move....if you really want this dead horse to go to the grave. Stop awakening the ghosts by pointing out all the negative things you can about Favre... like a jilted lover that cannot move on with their life ...the fact of the matter, is you may just be right. He may not be on Starr of Montana's level but he has had a heck of a career, now enjoy Rodgers and stop putting baby (Favre) in the corner.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a "jilted lover". My #4 green and gold jersey is still in my possession. Sunday's were passionately filled with watching him lead the Pack.

Problem is, I used to have curly black hair, now the little bit I have left is gray!! Never mind the fact that I am 52...
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1999, 2002 sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Missy_Mouses_Dad View Post
    I am not a "jilted lover". My #4 green and gold jersey is still in my possession. Sunday's were passionately filled with watching him lead the Pack.

Problem is, I used to have curly black hair, now the little bit I have left is gray!! Never mind the fact that I am 52...
    Sounds like a Hank Williams song.

"My hair's still curly and my eyes are still blue, why don't you love me like you used to do."
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

They showed some pics on the News here showing how beat up he got in the Championship game. A couple pics here http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ss-to-saints/1 his ankle looked pretty bad.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    They showed some pics on the News here showing how beat up he got in the Championship game. A couple pics here http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ss-to-saints/1 his ankle looked pretty bad.
    Yaeh, it almost matches his uniform.
    It will heal (most likely), just like his shoulder. The saints put a lot of hits- some not even legal (including the ankle shot) on him. The thing is, it would appear the saints defense went out to HURT Favre. Just look at the play where the Saint picked him up, slammed him to the ground.

Now that interception- that hurt his pride. Truth is it was a bad play call. Why roll your QB who has a gimpy ankle out of the pocket ? If you want Favre to win it, or to play it safe, play to his strengths, not his weaknesses. Have him throw one to the end zone- if you are lucky pass interference. Or your guy catches it. Not lucky, it ends the way it did. But I think it was a bad play call.
    Because it hurt his pride, just like so many times before- he will be back.

Post Thanks / Like

I checked into some stats last night. Favre has 69000 + yards. He will be back to get 70,000. With him it's always been about personal achievement. After the beating he took against New Orleans, I would hope he really puts some thought into what he wants to do this time, though. Too many players have tried to play that extra season.
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1999, 2002 sports

Post Thanks / Like

I think the man has a little too much pride and a little too few brains. But hey, that's just my opinion.

I know there's alot of people here who think the world of him and that it's the media who makes the circus out of all his retirements and un-retirements. I look at it a different way, that it's him that wants, craves even, the media attention. Could be wrong, could be right, I don't know the guy, just an opinion.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    I think the man has a little too much pride and a little too few brains. But hey, that's just my opinion.

I know there's alot of people here who think the world of him and that it's the media who makes the circus out of all his retirements and un-retirements. I look at it a different way, that it's him that wants, craves even, the media attention. Could be wrong, could be right, I don't know the guy, just an opinion.
    For someone who does not know the guy that is a pretty negative assumption....I think the guy has millions of dollars, a georgeous wife, a Super Bowl ring, and a future in the Hall of Fame...But hey that's just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Millions of dollars - provable fact
    Super Bowl ring - proven fact
    future in the Hall of Fame - I'd wager a certainty
    gorgeous wife - true opinion

Of all the things you stated, only one is really an opinion. All of mine were truly opinions. And that's the neat thing about opinions, they can be negative or positive, doesn't matter, and very hard to be proven one way or the other without asking the person of whom they are about. I used to have positive assumptions about him, before the retirements and un-retirements started and continued over the past few years. Hey, if he wants to beat his body until he can no longer walk, that's his business, not mine.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    Millions of dollars - provable fact
    Super Bowl ring - proven fact
    future in the Hall of Fame - I'd wager a certainty
    gorgeous wife - true opinion

Of all the things you stated, only one is really an opinion. All of mine were truly opinions. And that's the neat thing about opinions, they can be negative or positive, doesn't matter, and very hard to be proven one way or the other without asking the person of whom they are about. I used to have positive assumptions about him, before the retirements and un-retirements started and continued over the past few years. Hey, if he wants to beat his body until he can no longer walk, that's his business, not mine.
    All very true...just sick of the anti Favre bandwagon over percieved character flaws. The funny thing is, I have never been a huge Favre guy. I certainly liked the Packers but I was always a David Whitehurst guy I just don't like argument based on assumption.

Post Thanks / Like

I personally would love to see Farve come back next season
    He certainly didnt disgrace himself last season and was in touching distance of making the superbowl .
    Farve is a name worldwide in American Football and if he was comming with the Vikings ( or as QB with any team for that matter ) to Wembley . I guarantee Wembley could be sold twice over in order to get a chance to see the great man play .
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: