Quantcast Indiana Jones stunt show changes

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Indiana Jones stunt show changes

When we visited WDW recently, the show was much shorter than in the past. It ended after the 'village' scene and didn't include the big finale with the plane anymore. Is this a permanent change to the format, and if so, why?
    Nov 1973 - OS
    Apr 1982 - OS
    Jan 2001 - ASM
    Dec 2001 - ASSp
    Jan 2002 - CBR
    Jan 2003 - CBR
    Dec 2003 - AKL
    Jan 2005 - CBR
    Jan 2006 - CBR/AKL
    Dec 2006 - CBR/OS/POFQ
    Oct 2007 - ASSp/CBR
    Jan 2009 - CBR/AKL
    Jan 2010 - POR/AKL
    Jan 2012 - CBR
    Jan 2013 - CBR
    Feb 2015 - GF
    Feb 2016 - GF

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I know what you experienced. Was it raining or had it rained before the show you saw? When we saw it on Monday, it was raining and the director explained that the roof-top stunts and the finale/airplane scene were too dangerous to perform in the rain or when the area was too wet.

Post Thanks / Like

Shucks...I was hoping from the title of your post that you actually saw some real changes in the show. I really enjoyed the Stunt Show the first few times, but it is desperately in need of some updates.
    "And Kelp...
    Seaweed...
    Kelp..."

HORIZONS (R.I.P.)

Post Thanks / Like

We were there twice last year and once we saw the full show and once they cut it short but that was due to technical difficulties
    Lifes a witch and then you fly

Post Thanks / Like

It's not permanent. I think, as stated above, it must have been either due to weather or technical difficulties. One of my good friends plays Indy and he hasn't talked about any changes.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

We were there in early January at the show where the set got stuck during the final scene change. The attraction was down for the rest of the week. They could still be having problems getting things fixed.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

We Expirienced the same thing in May! They kinda came out and said they were having problems with last scene. It was pretty awkward the audiance kinda looked around unsure if this was another "bit". There was no real send off. Kind of a bummer!
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    We were there in early January at the show where the set got stuck during the final scene change. The attraction was down for the rest of the week. They could still be having problems getting things fixed.
    That was a scheduled refurb for a week in January. Sounds like it should have been a little longer, though.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

We were there in Mid Jan and watched it on a sunny day and it aslo was cut short. Not sure if is a seasonal cost savings move, simular to shutting down other select things around the kingdom.

Post Thanks / Like

Last week I think we saw it Jan 25th, we saw the complete show including the airplane and explosions.
    Aug 1974 Fort Wilderness
    Aug 1981 Fort Wilderness
    Oct 1986 Polynesian
    Oct 1992 Beach Club
    Aug 1998 All Star Sports & Wilderness Lodge
    Feb 1999 Grosvenor
    Aug 1999 Beach Club
    Aug 2002 Yacht Club
    Feb 2007 Old Key West
    Jan 2009 Old Key West
    Jan 2010 Boardwalk Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Refurb

WHEN are they going to update this attraction??

The Walt Disney Company wants guests to visit time and time again, heck, they want guests to join the DVC and visit regularly for decades yet they open an attraction like this and leave it largely unchanged forever.

This attraction could be changed incrementally since it is presented as separate "scenes".

Wait, don't tell me, I forgot, this attraction must be be unchangeable because it's a "classic".

Of course guests are knocking each other over to get to Toy Story Mania. They are chanting, "Please give us something new."

Post Thanks / Like

While I think the stunt show was necessary during the original days of the park, having two stunt shows now with LMA makes it really seem unnecessary and I think replacing the Indy show with perhaps the Indy ride from DL would be a great addition to the park and bring another E-ticket attraction over to that area of the park. That ride combined with a new Star Tours would really put DHS back on the map
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I was at the Indy show on either the 19th or 20th of Jan (it's a blur) and it was a packed audience! I guess if they can keep that pace why would they bother to change it? The majority of people only visit WDW once or twice in their lifetime so it's all new to them. The LMA show was also full to capacity. It was crazy crowded.

Unfortunately, it was raining on and off that day and we got the short version of Indy.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

We saw the full show on 1/27, but it was a beautiful day. And like the pp mentioned, it was a full house. Even though rides had short lines and the park wasn't really crowded, all of the shows we saw were always at capacity or pretty close.

Glad I got to see the show finally, but now that we have, I would love to try the ride!
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Offsite - 2000 (First with DW)
    Pop Century - April '08
    Wilderness Lodge - Jan '10
    Pop Century -1st WDW Marathon - Jan '11
    Wilderness Lodge -2nd WDW Marathon - Jan '13
    Disneyland - 1/2 and Halloween - Sep & Oct '15

Post Thanks / Like

In 2003, they cut out the whole beginning of the show and started with the town scene because of problems with the first set.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Does Indy drop down from the ceiling anymore? He didn't the last two times we've seen the show.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

He did drop from the ceiling on 1/25. There was a technical glitch at the beginning of the airplane scene, so they fixed what was wrong with the plane and did the full scene from the beginning.

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    I was at the Indy show on either the 19th or 20th of Jan (it's a blur) and it was a packed audience! I guess if they can keep that pace why would they bother to change it? The majority of people only visit WDW once or twice in their lifetime so it's all new to them. The LMA show was also full to capacity. It was crazy crowded.

Unfortunately, it was raining on and off that day and we got the short version of Indy.
    I concur. I've rarely been to an Indy show (and we go often because both of my sons are fans) that didn't require guest to "move toward the center" to make room for others. Probably the only time I didn't see it filled to capacity was a windy, rainy day that kept the sides empty due to the weather.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

We saw the show in Dec. 2009...nice day....clear....and it was cut short, with no explanation.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

We were there in March 2010 and noticed at the before the show was supposed to start that the first scene was "not in place". It was pushed out to the sides and of all the times I had seen this show, this was really strange. The show then started with a CM coming out saying that they had technical difficulties with the first scene so they were starting with the market scene, however, it did start with Indy dropping in from the top, and dodging the spears. Really lost the mood of the show.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: