Quantcast Dhs 4 Too Young For First Trip - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I went the first time when I was 22, and didn't go again until I was 35. I didn't remember most of it either, but I still had a great time. So go, go, go. Our kids were 6 and 3 the first time we went. When we went a year later, the then 4 year old jumped into my arms he was so excited. He remembered a lot of it and was thrilled to be going again. Just a word of warning that once you vacation at Disney, good luck getting anyone to try another spot for vacation.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Our first Disney trip was to DL in 71....DD#1 was 3 1/2 ....not too long ago, she said she still remembers riding the donkey's up the hill....And DD#2 remembers riding "If You had Wings" with her Grandma, at age 5, 34 years later. DS#2 remembers episodes from a wonderful trip with dear friends on his first visit at age 4. We have made trips with some or all of our grandkids, from 4 months and up....DGD #2 called me her Great Grandpa, "because he took me to Disney" when she was 3 1/2. Never too early....
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

This is my personal opinion so take it as you will.

We will be going to WDW in December of this year. I have 5 children age 3-11 I knew that I wasn't going to take my 3 year old with me because she just wouldn't enjoy it despite the fact that she is a Mickey Mouse addict but I was unsure on my second youngest who is 5. I was unsure on what to do here because she loves the princessess but she is fearful of a lot of things and I didn't see rides in dark going on well with her so she has opted to stay with Grandma. It depends on you child. If you think he will enjoy it and not have any real issues then bring him.
    Ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind...or forgotten. --Lilo

Past Trips:
    June 2001 - Off Property
    April 2009 - POR
    Next trip:
    Dec 5- Dec 12 OFFSITE

Post Thanks / Like

I took my girls when they were 2 1/2 and 5 figuring my 5 year old was the "perfect" age...... well ..... my 2 1/2 year old came home a walking disney world commercial!! That is why we have gone every year since!! She is 7 now and watching the video I took from that year is just priceless...... who cares what they remember, most of what we do they dont' remember but if you enjoy the moment that is all that matters!
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

I took ds for the first time when he was 4 he is 6 now and he remembers his first time. If he forgets something I show him our pictures and he says "Oh yeah''. We had a great time and this year will be his 4th time.

Post Thanks / Like

We took our son at age 4 and our daughter at 6 - their first of many trips. Ironically, back then he wasn't as afraid of rides - he did all of them. Mission Space didn't have the green option and he rode it several times (although I had hours of recovery). The next trip, when he was 6, he wouldn't ride "tummy drop" rides and now at 10, he is even more picky.

I say to for it. It will create great memories for you as a parent and even if he doesn't remember in vivid detail everything, it will be a magical time for you all! Plus, you can always plan another trip when he is older. Our son remembered things from his first trip during the second.
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Saratoga County, New York/Polk County, Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

First time we went the kids were 2.5 & 3.5. Do they remember? Not really. Do we? You bet and the pictures taken are priceless.
    39 trips to WDW (before I stopped counting and bought a house in the WDW area), 1 to DL & 5 DCL

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: