Quantcast GAD 'wrinkle'?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: GAD 'wrinkle'?

Post Thanks / Like

Default GAD 'wrinkle'?

On another site I read that a person wanted to use their free voucher to upgrade to an AP or multi day ticket and couldn't because they needed to have already paid for a ticket for that day and then they could upgrade. I wanted to buy the AP the day that I arrive and use the voucher to get $79 off the price. That had been my understanding previously. Anyone know for sure? Thanks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the value of the GAD voucher is $0, not the price of a single day ticket. If this was the case, people would sign up for 6 wimpy GAD opportunities to get APs. I mean really wimpy. There are several 1-2 hour volunteer opportunities in my area. I could kick out 5 of those in less than a week. It would amount to $50 per hour at least. I think that goes against the purpose of GAD.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

I've read of other people upgrading their GAD tickets - I think the key is that you have to activate the ticket first (enter a park) and then do your upgrade to cash in on it's value - this is just from what I've read from others.
    November 2010 - Fort Wilderness
    August 2008 – Pop
    April 2008 – Fort Wilderness
    November 2004 – Off Site – Cypress Point Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the Disney FAQ that addresses this question: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/dis...FAQs#groupFive

"May I upgrade my free one day ticket to an Annual Pass or multi-day ticket?

Yes, you may upgrade the free ticket to another ticket type of greater value within the applicable upgrade window. However, you are responsible for the incremental cost and the new ticket may only be used by you. No changes or refunds will be given. The value of the free ticket may not be used to combine or upgrade with a separate single or multi-day ticket."

Coming up! WL Villas, August 2 - 9 2013

WL Villas Aug 9-16, 2010
    POR Aug 4-11, 2008
    POR Aug 22-29, 2007
    POR May 4-9, 2007
    POR - May 2006
    POFQ - Dec 2005
    POR - May 2005
    POFQ - May 2004
    OKW - May 2003
    AKL - May 2001
    CBR Annually 1995-1997

Post Thanks / Like

Bigreddad--no one may earn more than ONE ticket. You can't get a weeks worth of tickets for an individual. My question was answered. It is worth $79.00 and can be used to offset multi-day and APs. have a great day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedDad View Post
    I think the value of the GAD voucher is $0, not the price of a single day ticket. If this was the case, people would sign up for 6 wimpy GAD opportunities to get APs. I mean really wimpy. There are several 1-2 hour volunteer opportunities in my area. I could kick out 5 of those in less than a week. It would amount to $50 per hour at least. I think that goes against the purpose of GAD.
    The other reason this wouldn't apply is because tickets can only be upgraded on a one-for-one basis. No one can take several tickets and combine them into one larger upgraded ticket.

Disney is perfectly cool with people upgrading the GAD ticket. Perhaps the OP misread what was written, or else what was written was a misunderstanding of the rule. Disney's rule states that the GAD can be upgraded, but that it has to be used first to enter a park, and the upgrade must be done on that same day. However, there have been anecdotal reports of people being able to upgrade the ticket right there at the ticket booth (where they turn in their voucher), rather than having to use the ticket first and then upgrading later that same day.

Post Thanks / Like

What difference does it make to upgrade before you enter the gate or after? Ok if it makes Mickey Mouse happy for me to enter the park THEN upgrade the ticket then I will. The only difference I may see is, if they scan the voucher at the gate, take the paper THEN hand you an actual ticket, you then take that actual ticket to upgrade. I guess when they scan the bar code on the back of the ticket it would come up with the price of the actual ticket. Maybe it's just a paperwork thing

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: