Seaworld does an INCREDIBLE job with their animals and they LOVE them with all their hearts. The trainers (and I personnally know some) dedicate their lives to them because it's what they love more than anything. They have a great joy in going to work each day. Many of the vets that take care of these animals sometimes put in streaches that may go 24 hours straight because they're so dedicated they don't want t miss a moment (yes I actually talked to a very tired vet one time that had been observing the number of times a mother dolphin took her newborn to the top for air).

Many of the animals in Seaworld are taken in, treated for injuries and illness and then "released". Some have injuries in which they can NEVER be released and others...are born there. But they are treated like kings. It's not all about the money...HUGE mistake to say that. They put so much into rehabilitation and study and AWARENESS...it's not all about the money...not at SeaWorld.

We have learned so much from these animals. Everything we "learn" we can utilize to help keep them alive in the wild for future generations. Some people would never care a bit about some "fish" in the wild without actually being given the opportunity to actually SEE one in person and to learn the "respect" it commands. Many people who go to the shows are become so much MORE aware of enviromental issues and "hunting" that they become more active in the attempt to "protect" these creatures.

Sigfried and Roy had their attack by Roy's beloved Tiger...Before he even made it to the hospital...Roy begged people not to hurt the animal. He loved him. Roy is recovering and Montecore's out of show business but still in a BEAUTIFUL facility where he enjoys frolicking with other tigers. Many zoos have been responsible for keeping a species alive through breeding programs including Sigfried and Roy's.

A lot of the "tricks" the animals do...they do in the wild. You will NOT teach an animal of that size and caliber to do something it doesn't want to do. There's a LOT that goes on behind the scenes that many people just don't know.

All animals including HUMANS are dangerous. How many wild animal attacks have there been in comparison to a DOG attack or worse yet...what humans do.

Telling a Seaworld trainer not to work with the animals they LOVE because they "could" be dangerous...would be like telling an astronaut not to go to Mars.

My prayers go out to this dedicated trainer and her family. It was reported that it's the ONLY thing she ever wanted to do since she was 9 years old. I can guarantee if she could speak right now she would voice LOUDLY...not to change a thing. Ask Roy Horn...he went back to the stage.