Quantcast List of rides you can't record? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Post video

My understanding of copyright laws (eg: video taping a ride with a movie in it) mainly applies if you take that video tape and re-sell it or attempt to re-sell it for profit. There is a big difference between company policy and law though sometimes they match up.

That being said, most of you have excellent points about 1. not being a distraction and 2. just enjoying the attraction.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We got screamed at and embarrassed while filming Carousel of Progress once, so that one is definitely out. The CM clearly did not want to be there that day and mumbled through her spiel. She did NOT say the bit about no video taping. The ride begins and something muddled is said over the loud speaker but no one can hear it. About 2 minutes later the show just stops and the CM yells "PUT THE CAMERA AWAY! THERE IS NO VIDEO TAPING ON THIS RIDE!!!!!!!" I don't think we could've sunk any lower into our chairs
    In Ellen's Energy Adventure, we were allowed to tape the pre-show but were told (in a much nicer way) that we couldn't tape the actual ride. Those are the only two that really stuck out. We've taped all the 3-D shows (place glasses over lens and it works pretty well) and most other rides. We never use external lighting.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

By law they can not touch you or your camera to delete or ask you to delete your video. They can only tell you that no video recording is allowed and if you don't stop recording, they can ask you to leave. I would like to see anybody try to pull the thousands of video's that are on You Tube. Not going to happen. There are a couple of attractions and shows that are definitely no-no's. It is not as big of a list as you are led to believe. But if you don't use the video screen they won't say much if anything. I did COP and the Cast Member was right behind me and did nothing. People who use flash or illuminated screens have no brains anyway. They only think of themselves at that point.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never heard of a CM telling someone to delete video, and in all honesty many cameras now you can't delete until you get home on the computer or in my case we have a dvd cam so once its on there, its on there.
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I got fussed at when trying to record Monsters Inc. Most of the dark rides that I videoed didn't come out well. I did always close the little lcd screen so i didn't bother anyone. That also helped save my battery!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    I remember the CM at Crush's Turtle Talk saying you couldn't take video of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHORTY View Post
    Hmmm, I was able to record a small portion when Crush talked to me Niece. I guess because I wasn't recording the whole thing they didn't give any problem.
    I wish we'd been able to record the part where our DD got called on. I guess we could have taken a picture, but I didn't realize that until later. I'm sure they probably realized you just wanted to capture the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why you are allowed to record The Hall of Presidents but not Carousel of Progress. Can anyone explain? Is it because there is singing on CoP?

Post Thanks / Like

CoP is one of my favorites. I've always wanted to record it. With the exception of one time, the CM has always stated no video of any kind is allowed.

Maybe it's not allowed in HoP either but they don't always mention it.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Would people please STOP taking flash pics on Pirates of the Caribbean, and Spaceship Earth. Last two times I was at Disney, people insisted on taking pictures of every scene. Why don't CMs say anything to people who do stuff like that?

Video without a light I can take. A ride like The Jungle Cruise I could see using flash pics, or external lighting, but Spaceship Earth?
    Greetings Program!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I think in a lot of cases its probably at the CM's discretion based on various circumstances though I could be wrong on that.

I am pretty sure though that they would frown on you filming on rides where part of the instructions is to stow all carry on items under your seat or in a special bin, such as Soarin'.

Beyond that, Ive seen people film Dark Rides such as PotC (ESPECIALLY PotC argh) with cameras that have those bright LED Displays, and constant flash as well with no CM intervention over the loudspeakers.

There is a lot you can get away with doing if you're discrete enough.. but I personally avoid walking that line. At the very least out of respect for other guests.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

Upcoming Trip: None planned at the moment.

2012 - Offsite
    2010 - CR
    2009 - CR
    2007 - CR
    2005 - CR
    Disneyland - Many Times 1985 - 2003

Post Thanks / Like

I try to video everything I can. As a rule, I definitely take others enjoyment in consideration.(unlike some others). Eliminate flash/screen in dark rides. Video thru view finder and use low light/no flash film. The only thing I HAVEN"T been able to video is the American Adventure. I did, however, photograph it (w/no flash) and the pics turned out wonderfully.
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

I got The American Adventure on DVD. If you sit near the back row middleish and hold the video camera up on your chest and use the view finder you will be able to get a great video. As long as a guest in front of you is not that tall and when sitting blocks your view. Again the CM's may not bother you if you don't use the display.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: