Quantcast Possibly Visiting in April - Crowds?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Possibly Visiting in April - Crowds?

DH and I are thinking about doing a quick trip to WDW next month from Sunday through Friday and I was wondering how are the crowds in April? I know Easter is right in the beginning but I was thinking more towards the middle or end of the month. Is there a better time to go in April? What is the weather usually like? We've never been in April and I'm hesitant to go because of the Spring Break crowds. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    See You Real Soon!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am curious to hear responses to this as well. Our trip is the week after the week after Easter (if that makes sense) and I was wondering if the crowds will lighten up. All I know is that it is listed as "peak" but Fantasmic goes from shows every night to only twice a week...

What does the rest of April look like?
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

Post Thanks / Like

We've been twice during the third week of April. Both times have been reasonable crowd wise. The weather was great both times.
    DLR many times,April '05 Pop Century,April '08 POR,DLR April '09,CBR Dec '09,POR Sept '10,April '12 Universal's RPRH then Disney's POR,Feb '14 AKL,DLR July '15,APR '17 POR, JAN '18 DCL, JUL '18 ASMu,DEC '18 "NYE" AoA-Nemo,FEB '20 AoA-LK
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Weather is generally pleasant, but click here to see the exact conditions over the last 5 years for your dates at our Historic Weather Conditions page in Info Central.

As for crowds - For what it's worth, Touring Plans has crowds at a 9 or 10 through April 11 then dropping to between 5 and 7 the rest of the month. Now, that doesn't tell you how many people are going to be there, just how long the waits are at the major rides. Generally all of April is moderately crowded with Easter being extremely crowded.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    As for crowds - For what it's worth, Touring Plans has crowds at a 9 or 10 through April 11 then dropping to between 5 and 7 the rest of the month.
    Yay! This lines up perfectly with our trip!!! We don't mind being around a lot of people so much as wasting our time standing around... thank you!!
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone gone in May? Now we're looking at the first week in May...
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lettripp View Post
    I am curious to hear responses to this as well. Our trip is the week after the week after Easter (if that makes sense) and I was wondering if the crowds will lighten up. All I know is that it is listed as "peak" but Fantasmic goes from shows every night to only twice a week...

What does the rest of April look like?
    We will be there April 10 thru April 19....sure hope the weather will be good for us. Am hoping it will be warm enough to swim also.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjaclyn View Post
    Has anyone gone in May? Now we're looking at the first week in May...
    Same thing in terms of the weather. Went first week of May last year and again this year, mostly because it fits my schedule more than I really enjoyed that time. I have been told in years past crowds were pretty low during early May and weather was nice. However, last year it was mid 90s for highs and the crowds were significant. I'm hoping it was just an aberration because of the 4/3 deal and this year will be better, but it could also be a trend like how much more crowded the week after Thanksgiving and early December has become. I guess I'll know in about 6 weeks.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

May weather is fickle. We have been there in 90's and 60's with rain. Crowds have increased over the years. Flower show is one of our favorate times to go. From past discounts when meal deals are in effect, Adr's are impossible. Biggest complaint- School trips. Last year there were alot of kids running around the parks, most unsupervised. Epcot was a nightmare on a Tuesday and we had to leave.

I think discounts play a major factor in May.
    I tell people not to go then so there is more room for me!
    DVC Member since 03 , Have been "Home" just too many times before to list. June 6 next visit.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: