Quantcast Best 'Island' at CBR?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best 'Island' at CBR?

We just booked a trip to WDW for the first week in May and we're so excited! We were able to get an AP discount for a standard room only. I asked if we could be upgraded to a preferred room, but there wasn't any available at the time. I'm going to keep trying to see if there are any cancellations before we go because I'd like to be as close to the main building as possible since we have two small children. If I can't get into either of the preferred buildings, can someone recommend the next best building to stay in? Any help is greatly appreciated!
    See You Real Soon!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Jamaica is nice. I would really try to get Martinique in the preferred if you can. NOTHING like walking for 1 minute and being at OPR. All the Islands are beautiful though.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at Martinique and we had easy access to a quiet pool and bus stop. The walk to the main area was a bit long though.
    CB 2007
    BWI 2008
    YC 2009
    BWI Innkeepers Club 2010
    BC Christmas 2011
    BWI Christmas 2012
    ??? June 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Jamaica and Aruba are perfect. They are directly across the bridge from the Old Port Royal food court and main pool. They are not preferred buildings so you won't pay more but they are centrally located. Last time we stayed in Jamaica our DD was 2 1/2 years old and walked from our building over the bridge to food court easily. She loved it too because you can feed the ducks and watch the brids on the way.
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

We also stayed in Aruba last year and loved the location. In addition to being a short walk across the bridge to the main pool & restaurant, we were closer to Jamaica bus stop and that was often the first stop when we were picked up so getting a seat for little ones was never an issue. Originally we had booked a preferred room in Martinique and downgraded to save some money. We were not disappointed with our decision.

Post Thanks / Like

I vote for Aruba or Jamaica. Like others have said they are standard rooms with a short but nice walk across the bridge. The 1 time I stayed in Martineque I was all the way at the end and had a very long walk to the bus stop and food court.
    BRENDA

Been to the land of happiness more times than I can count and still going.

Post Thanks / Like

We'ved stayed at CBR eight times, only place we go. Can't go wrong with Aruba and Jamaica, for reasons others stated. Last 2 times we were in Martinique bldg 22. Walk is not bad at all. Parking lot and bus is not really that far away once you figure out the shortest route - 60 seconds I counted once. Close to the main path to Port Royale too.
    we liked 22 because is right between two private pools and laundry, so you have your choice. (one is Barbados, just happens to be that close to bldg 22. Can't go wrong with any of those 3 islands. 22 is non preferred.

Post Thanks / Like

Among NON-preferred location buildings, the closest to OPR are Martinique 22, Aruba 51 and Jamaica 45 ... all three are quite literally the exact same distance to OPR.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in Aruba and loved it. Our room overlooked the quiet pool. Very nice, short walk to the bridge over. We were right outside the bus stop,also.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

We arrived home last night after spending a week at the Caribbean Resort. We were in Trinidad North and it was only a 5 minute walk to the Old Port Royale/food court. The walking path to the food court made the walk seem much shorter too. At night you can go to the Trinidad North beach area and watch the fireworks from Epcot.

Post Thanks / Like

Both times we went to CBR we stayed in Aruba and found it to be a great location.
    March/April 1999- Dixie Landings
    September 2005- POR
    August 2006- ASMo
    August 2007- CBR
    August 2008- ASMu
    August 2009- ASMu/CBR
    December 2009- Y/B Club
    August 2010- ASMu
    August 2011- AKL
    August 2012- CSR/CBR
    July 2014- GF
    August 2015- CSR

Post Thanks / Like

On our visit to CBR, we were sent all the way out to Trinidad South. We had read on discussion boards that it was the "least" desirable location at CBR, but we took what we got.

WELL, as it turned out, we absolutely loved Trinidad South. It was so quiet. The view of Epcot's Illuminations was perfect. The bus service was great and our bus stop was never crowded. Our pool was larger than the main pool, and was so convenient. Our playground on our beach was never crowded. In short, it was perfect!

We only went to the foodcourt and main pool once, and never felt necessary to go back. We loved Trinidad South, and had an incredibly relaxing and enjoyable trip to Disney. If we ever go back to CBR, we would ask for Trinidad South!

April, 1998 Coronado Springs
    April, 2001 Coronado Springs
    January, 2004 All-Star Sports
    July, 2005 Caribbean Beach Resort
    April, 2006 Pop Century
    December, 2006 All-Star Sports
    March, 2008 All-Star Movies
    April, 2009 All-Star Music
    August, 2010 Disney's Swan Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WVParkfan View Post
    We only went to the foodcourt and main pool once, and never felt necessary to go back. We loved Trinidad South, and had an incredibly relaxing and enjoyable trip to Disney. If we ever go back to CBR, we would ask for Trinidad South!
    About a year ago, ALL of Trinidad South was refurbished and rethemed as the Pirate theme rooms. They cost extra per night. It's very heavy theming ... the carpeting looks like the wooden deck of a ship, the fridge cabinet is shaped like a barrel, the dressers look like treasure chests, the beds are shaped like pirate ships, and so on and so on.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: