Quantcast Crowds right now?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crowds right now?

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, please fell free to relocate if needed.

This is the week before Easter, so I was wondering how attendance is right now, I seem to recall that last year, some of the parks hit capacity. Does it appear to be just as crowded this year??

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. MK hit Phase 3 closing today.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Phase 3 = resort guests, annual pass holders, and holders of reservations for in-park dining, BBB, or Pirates' League.

Regular hoppers and guests seeking to re-enter the park without the above are out of luck.

As is usually the case, the MK reopened to all later in the day. Today that was around 2 p.m.
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Post Thanks / Like

I"m sure it's pretty busy. Touring plans has the crowd levels at 10 and I check the on-line status of the wait times (the ones you can get on your mobile phone) and at around 2:30pm, Toy Story Mania had a 180 minute wait. That's 3 hours!!!!! Holy Cow!
    Melinda

Trips:

Offsite - June 1997
    WL - October 2008
    POFQ - April/May 2010

RPH - Universal - May 7th-11th 2014
    POFQ - Sept. 27-30, 2014 (just the two of us!)
    Royal Pacific Hotel - Universal - June 27th - July 1st, 2015
    POFQ - Sept 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gregandmel View Post
    I"m sure it's pretty busy. Touring plans has the crowd levels at 10 and I check the on-line status of the wait times (the ones you can get on your mobile phone) and at around 2:30pm, Toy Story Mania had a 180 minute wait. That's 3 hours!!!!! Holy Cow!
    I can't even imagine what that would look like... that is why we travel in the off times!
    "We get there when we get there!"
    Disneyland Too many times to count
    Saratoga Springs OCT '00, Dec. 2010, Dec. 2014, Dec. 2015
    A S Sports DEC '03
    POP May '06
    AKL Jan '08 Offsite Sheraton Vistana Jan '08
    Port Orleans Mar 2015, May 2015
    Coronado Springs Sept 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gregandmel View Post
    I have an app like this on my Iphone that I'm obsessed with. I check wait times all day, when I saw the 120+ this morning for Toy Story Mania it made me happy I'm not there right now!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

It was only Ph3 at MK for about 30 minutes or so this afternoon. Kind of odd since the actual guest counts were not as high as days like the 3rd and 4th of July last year and some of the other high volume days when the park never did close.

Also, at the 12 and 3 pm parades, Main St. and other areas of the parade route were just not as crowded today as much as they were other days when the guest counts were less. Main St. areas were really quite manageable during the parades. I guess they must have all been stuck in ride lines instead of watching parades.

I imagine though, that the first Spectro tonight was packed. I'll be there tomorrow night and will be interested to see how packed it is then.

Post Thanks / Like

I strongly suggest checking out Touring Plans (It by the same guys who write the Unofficial Guide). Even paying the subscription fee for just this trip will be worth it to get the most out of you vacation. The website is pretty accurate!

Good Luck!

BTW--utilize the FastPass, and arrive early. For my group, as soon as we were through the gates, we sent one person running (literally) to a ride we all wanted to ride to get FastPasses for--Toy Story Mania is a must have!!

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I found that the crowds didn't appear until between 10 and 11 in the morning. We were at all parks just after (10-20 mins) opening and did expedition everest 2 times with no wait and then went on the safari and waited 10 minutes to ride dinosaur and primeveal (sp?) whirl. We also noticed that for evening EMH there were hardly any waits. It seemed that most of the people that were at the parks during the day were bands that were performing or had performed and they were staying off property.
    Kimberly
    Several times since 1989 as a kid
    March 2009 - Coronado Springs (Husband's first trip)
    June 2009 - Beach Club
    June 2012 - All Star Music/Animal Kingdom Lodge
    June 2015 - ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: