Quantcast Poll: Free Dining 2010 at WDW Resorts

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Do you expect that we will see Free Dining offered again for Fall 2010?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think last year was so successful they will do it again.

12 13.04%
  • Yes, but only until the end of the Value Season (no Oct/Nov like last year)

10 10.87%
  • Yes, but I think it will be either tiered by the type of resort or Quick Service only.

56 60.87%
  • No, I think that we will see other discounts similar to the rest of this year so far.

14 15.22%
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Poll: Free Dining 2010 at WDW Resorts

There's so many threads with people speculating about whether or not we're going to see Free Dining with Resort Packages this year that I thought it would be interesting to have a poll and see the percentages. If this is the wrong forum, I apologize .

No need to comment unless you have some really deep thoughts on the matter. There's enough 'what if' threads around already, I was just curious about the numbers

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I selected Tiered, BUT also believe that it will only be from August 15th thru September 30th -- ending just before the F&WF begins.

I base this on the bounceback offer from our room last September that had an end date of Sept. 30.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I think that IF it is offered, it won't end on the last day of the month, but on the last day of a week, since Disney knows that is when people travel. But, we'll see! It should be announced any day now if they're going to do it.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I also think it should be tiered.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

I'm bumming because I think I'm going to miss out on the free dining plan this year. It really would have cut the cost of my trip.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    I'm bumming because I think I'm going to miss out on the free dining plan this year. It really would have cut the cost of my trip.
    I hear you! I've already booked counting on free dining. Have we been spoiled or what?

Post Thanks / Like

i disagree completely about a tiered system why does where i stay for a week limit my food options . am i any less a customer to disney because i can only afford to stay at a value maybe i shouldnt make yearly trips like i have for the past 7 yrs and save so i can move up to a moderate
    But I say Nay Nay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by readytogo2 View Post
    i disagree completely about a tiered system why does where i stay for a week limit my food options . am i any less a customer to disney because i can only afford to stay at a value maybe i shouldnt make yearly trips like i have for the past 7 yrs and save so i can move up to a moderate
    Of course it doesn't make anyone less of a customer depending on where they stay. I'm with you on staying at a less expensive resort so I can go every year. We're not in our room very much so I really don't care where I stay. I'm looking at it from a business standpoint for WDW as they've said they may need to make a change with the free dining. They're giving out more $ in free dining than they're getting in room rates which I can totally understand. If a change is made I'd rather get free quick service dining than nothing at all.

Post Thanks / Like

If they offer free dining and you are booked at a value resort will they let you rebook at a moderate in order to get the free dining?
    I think it would still be a savings if not at least a better hotel room for the same money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Queenbee2 View Post
    If they offer free dining and you are booked at a value resort will they let you rebook at a moderate in order to get the free dining?
    I think it would still be a savings if not at least a better hotel room for the same money.
    i actually compared them today and you're right the cost is bout the same. and yes, i t hink they will let you change.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by readytogo2 View Post
    You are not less of a customer but from a business perspective there is less return on a value resort room. At that time of year the nightly room rates are roughly Value $100, Moderate $150, and Deluxe $365. So presume that it costs Disney approx ($35) per day on average per room to provide food on the DDP then the discount would be Value 35%, Moderate 23%, Deluxe 9%.

From a business perspective, the way to even out those big differences is to tier the plan so that every room group gets closer to the 9%. So every customer gets treated almost the same on a percentage basis.

It's that kind if calculation that makes me think it will be tiered but we will know soon.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

i voted for yes, last year was very sucessful and me and dw hope that it returns in Sept because we are in planning mode for our next trip , unlike our previous trips which were just long weekend trips this one will be a full 9 days

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

I say free dining for sure until end of September. They've done it the last 3 or 4 years.
    70's-Days Inn
    80's? Dec-Polynesian/GolF Resort
    1980 Poly
    1987-Off Prop
    Early 90's-CB
    Sept. 2002- Contemporary
    Sept. 2004-WL
    May 2005-Off Prop
    Oct 2005-All Star Music
    Oct 06 POFQ
    Sept 07 BC
    April 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 Poly
    Dec 09 WL
    Sept 10 POR
    Sept. 11 POR
    Sept. 12 BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledudes View Post
    I say free dining for sure until end of September. They've done it the last 3 or 4 years.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Post Thanks / Like

I have mixed feelings about the free dining. I love it, its a great promotional but there is propaganda that this is the reason why some restaurants have gone downhill in the past year or two. If this continues to happen, I would personally rather pay for the dining plan. I would much rather have great dining experiences.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Just some information on this subject. I recently got a PIN code via email and it was for free quick service dining around those dates. Don't remember exact dates. So that may be an indication that it may just be quick service instead of regular dining plan
    2008 - Anniversary trip: Port Orleans Riverside
    2005 - Honeymoon trip: Port Orleans Riverside
    2015 - Kids 1st Visit: Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledudes View Post
    It has been 5 years and I agree they shouldn't stop it but it will be tiered maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by jonahbear2006 View Post
    I have mixed feelings about the free dining. I love it, its a great promotional but there is propaganda that this is the reason why some restaurants have gone downhill in the past year or two. If this continues to happen, I would personally rather pay for the dining plan. I would much rather have great dining experiences.

I don't think it is free dining that has made restaurants go downhill(which I don't agree...Love the food!)...if anything it is the DP in general.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it will be tiered. The question is how tiered. Last year the tiering was in two tiers value and moderate/deluxe resorts. This year they have made value, moderate, and deluxe/villas tiers.
    Would it be possible to think if they did free dinning it worlg look like value-quick service, moderate-basic dinning, deluxe/villas- deluxe dinning?
    2002- All Star Movies
    2003- All Star Music
    2004- Pop Centry
    2005- Pop Centry
    2006- Polynesian
    2007- Grand Floridian
    2007- Polynesian
    2008- Polynesian
    2009- Polynesian
    2010- Grand Floridian
    Dec. 2011- Grand Floridian

Share This Thread On Social Media: