Quantcast Skecher Shape ups - at parks?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Skecher Shape ups - at parks?

Hey, everyone. I'm not sure where to post this. But does anyone have a pair of the Skecher Shape Ups, or a shoe similar to it? Has anyone every worn them to the parks? We are going in Sept and was just curious on the opinions of these shoes as I've had my pair for about a month. I have only worn them for about 3 hours of continuous walking so far. I like the shoes, just wished they looked a little better. Any opinions? Thanks for your help!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing as how they are advertised to burn more calories and tone up muscles (which means they are going to either work your muscles more or work more muscles) I would imagine they would make your legs more tired as opposed to less tired at the end of the day.

However, the truth of the matter is that I wouldn't dream of using WDW as a place to break in a new pair of shoes ...too much chance of a bad result...WDW is the absolute last place you want to get a blister or have something uncomfortable going on with your wheels.

i would suggest either getting truly used to the shoes before you go or wearing something you already "know".
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

I have my trusty Nike Shox. I agree with the PP, wear something that you have already broken in and are used to.
    Next up CBR 10/31-11/8

Keep Moving Forward!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Right. I figure I have 5 months still to get used to them before out Sept trip. I was just curious on anyone's opinion that has the shoes. I will probably bring my old reliable Kswiss sneakers. But would still love opinions on if others have had good experiences with these shoes.

Post Thanks / Like

I have worn fitflops (same concept as shape ups) and I think they would be great for the parks. I don't think they work any muscles, so they wouldn't make me sore, but rather they would be comfortable due their extra cushioning. So I would say, if they don't make your muscles tired so far, go for it.
    Many visits as child.
    2005 WL, AK
    2006 POLY, CR
    2007 WL
    2008 POFQ
    2009 CSR
    2010 POFQ

*October 2011 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Skecher Shape ups - at parks?

I wore my FitFlops last year in July with absolutely no problems! I love them and I didn't notice my legs being anymore tired than usual while at Disney!!

Kimber
    WDWCP Fall 1990
    1991 Friends Apt
    1993 Sister at Vista Way
    1994-1998 CBR
    2001/2002 ASS; ASMo;Timeshare
    2003 - ASMo
    2005/2006 - Timeshare
    2007 - ASMu
    2009 -- Pop!; POR
    2010 -- Hong Kong Disneyland Hollywood Hotel

Post Thanks / Like

I buy a new pair of running shoes before every Disney trip. I always get the same kind. I break them in for a week only before I go, just to make sure they're good, then I head to Disney with fresh support. It makes a huge difference. I went once with my older "broken in" shoes and I was in pain the whole trip because the support was shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Why not bring the shape ups, to use in the Disney parks - but also bring a reliable comfy pair of "shoes" as a back-up plan?

I can't use shape-ups personally they throw off my natural stride too much and they don't address my muscle leg muscle group needs (I'm fighting & winning a battle against my ankles, knees and hips affected by LUPUS). I'm trying to reach a goal of marathoner someday (it is on my bucket list - but I've got a long way to go, LOL). I can't wear the same sneakers training every day (blister city and leg cramps to boot, ugh) - I switch off daily and replace them after the recommended mileage (shoes are like tires, the treads only last so long, he-he-heh) have been blister free for months - yay! :-)

Maybe having both types of shoes will mean that you can be leg pain/blister free and feel the benefits of the shape up sneakers too! Please report back so that others who have similar questions about shape-ups can benefit.

Hope this helps!
    Journey into your...Legoź Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I could wear my Shape ups all day! I have worn them all day at home and by the end of the day my legs and feet are killing me. If your in great shape though maybe you could try it. I am definetly leaving mine at home for our upcoming trip!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

I have fitflops as well, and have worn them to the parks with no problem. In fact, they are so comfortable, I wear them while cooking or cleaning to help with lower back tightness. I am not sure if shapeups are the same, but as suggested, its always good to bring a backup pair of comfortable shoes to Disney.

There is nothing worse than sore feet a disney.
    "When you look under the rocks & plants and take a glance at the fancy ants - and maybe try a few..."

Post Thanks / Like

I have both FitFlops and Shape-Ups. I love the FitFlops and wore them every day last trip. I now have 3 prs of the sandals and 1 pr of clogs. The Shape-Ups are new for me but I've worn them comfortably my entire 12 hr shift at work as an RN. However, while they are comfortable, I can't stand to have my feet enclosed in a shoe so I'm back to my FitFlop clogs for work and the Shape-Ups will be for a walking program only. Bottom line is this: if you are comfortable in your shoes, wear them.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried sketchers shape ups and oh my goodness are they so cushy. I'm planning on getting some soon...

One "little" take on sneakers of ANY sort at Disney...be careful of getting them "wet". I'd hate to soak a pair of $100 sneakers on the Kali River Rapids.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I would stick with a reliable, trusty athletic walking/running shoe. Heres a good list and although Skechers are popular, they are actually made with cheaper materials and have less tech then some of the bigger name brands below.

Asics - great gel cushioning. Just make sure to get one that fits your walking style, over pronator, under pronater, super pronator, etc.

Nike - get the new Lunar or Lunarlites. Extremely lightweight, comfortable, and flexible. Shoxs don't work, they are more of a tech look then actual function.

Brooks - another great running brand

New Balance - probably the best at walking shoes in the business for cushion and support

Teva - if you want to go with a flip flop, Teva and Reef both offer "yoga matt" and beer couzy materials for the footbed, making them very comfortable.
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

For two days, I took my Shape Up's at DLR/DCA in November. You could feel your butt and thighs getting sour, but it wasn't unbearable. They were also very comfortable to wear throughout the day/evening. I'll be bringing mine to WDW next year.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoriMistress View Post
    For two days, I took my Shape Up's at DLR/DCA in November. You could feel your butt and thighs getting sour, but it wasn't unbearable. They were also very comfortable to wear throughout the day/evening. I'll be bringing mine to WDW next year.
    eww a sour butt that doesn't sound good

Post Thanks / Like

Not the Skechers SNEAKER shape ups, but the Tone Ups FLIP FLOPS are SO comfortable, that I have worn them at Disneyland a couple times. I am such an "athletic shoe" person it's not funny. I have problem feet (plantar fascitis). These tone ups, though, are like walking on air! I tried the Shape Ups on and could not imagine walking around on them all day. Try on some Tone Ups, and see how they feel to you. They are like wearing sneakers, but they're flip flops. If you will be going to WDW in the summer, these are PERFECT.

You don't actually feel "sore" either. They sort of give the feeling like you're walking in sand, like you have to work a bit harder to balance and stuff, but it's nothing SO difficult that you feel sore...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Avia version. I wore them on a 3 mile walk about a week after I got them. My hips were very sore the next day.

Now I'm used to them (muscles streched out) and would wear them to Disney. The thick, rounded soles would be very comfortable for waiting in line. Being able to rock back and forth on them while standing would (I think) keep me from getting sore feet.

As others have said, bring regular shoes too. As far as the looks, as more people see the benefit of these shoes, more will wear them and the look will seem "normal".
    Goofy Texan

August 2010 AS-Movies • June 2008 Pop Century • June 2006 AS-Movies
    May 2002 POR • May 2000 AS-Music • May 1998 AS Sports

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: