Quantcast Cape May Clam Bake Buffet?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Only about twenty-five miles away from the most magical place on Earth
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cape May Clam Bake Buffet?

Hey people of Intercot! My family is already planning our 2011 trip and we saw the Clam Bake Buffet on a dining list. I saw the title and scrolled down (mom and I are picky and don't like Clam Bake stuff), but mom pointed out that they may have other sea-food stuff. I clicked and we saw....snow crab! Woo! Although, the top of the thing said 'actual selections may vary' (which is to be expected), so I just wanted to ask....

Is snow-crab normally out? Because this would be the main reason that our family would go. Oh, and would steak normally be out, too? Because that would be an extreme up for me.

And just to make sure, before we go in and pay and such, could we ask outside if snow crab is out?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to know this also....I think it is probably too late for us to get reservations though. We check in on April 10th and will be leaving on April 19th. We are on the dining plan and already have all of our ADR's made....made them back in October but then last week I heard the rumors about the crab legs and decided to give it a shot and make and ADR......but no luck...nothing was available. We might have to try to do a walkup ADR if we decide we still want to do it. Does anyone have any idea what the Dinner buffet costs?
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember seeing crab legs or steak. If there were crab legs, I would be living there, maybe they do put them out, you know, like one tray at a random time just to put it on the menu...

They have a meat carving station with maybe a roast beef or pork loin or something but not steaks for what I remember.

It is a fairly decent meal however, a little bit of something for everyone. By any stretch of the imagination though it's NOT a New England Clam Bake.

Post Thanks / Like

When we were there in September of '09 they did NOT have crab legs or steaks on the buffet. A few weeks later I came on Intercot and heard the crab legs had been added. I don't know if it's a seasonal thing or what but they haven't been around long.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

We were there in December- they did have snow crab legs. They had beef tenderloin being carved (which was excellent)- that was probably the steak they are referring to. And chicken too. I felt there was alot there to choose from even if you aren't into the clam bake items...I really like this place for buffet. And that's saying alot because I normally hate serve-yourself buffets (yes eve on Disney Property). This one's good.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Cape May is my favorite buffet. Not sure about crab legs or steak but i know they have a tenderloin that is delicious. There is plenty of great food besides seafood.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

when we were there in december they didnt have crab legs but they did have lobster, clams, and oysters. my daughter was getting buckets of lobster; I was so very proud of her. She tried all the seafood!
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

We were there in February and they had the crab legs. No steaks, though. There was a pork loin and a roast at the carving station. When we were there last July there were no crab legs, so I think they're something new. Either way - there's plenty to eat, even if you don't like seafood.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Genie1953 View Post
    I would like to know this also....I think it is probably too late for us to get reservations though. We check in on April 10th and will be leaving on April 19th. We are on the dining plan and already have all of our ADR's made....made them back in October but then last week I heard the rumors about the crab legs and decided to give it a shot and make and ADR......but no luck...nothing was available. We might have to try to do a walkup ADR if we decide we still want to do it. Does anyone have any idea what the Dinner buffet costs?
    From what I have read, the cost of dinner is 34.99 for adults. Also, I think you will have a good shot of getting a walk up ADR. When we were at Beach Club last summer, they mentioned that they keep open ADR spots to allow for resort guests an opportunity to eat there. I would however get there 15-20 minutes before it opens to ensure you'll get it.

Post Thanks / Like

We tried it for the first time last year. I was really disappointed by it. Definitely not a true New England clam bake.

The service was very so-so. It was hard to get some items like clams because some people would just take everything that was out. The high point was the Oreo bon-bons.

I don't think it was worth the cost. IMHO, not a buffet that we will go back to at Disney any time soon.
    DW of lotrfan
    Offsite - '81-'86
    DL - '89, '97, '05
    POFQ - '94, '95
    FW - '96
    POR - '98, '01
    CBR - '08 (Honeymoon)
    AsMo - '09 (Princess 5K & 1st Anniversary)
    DCL - Dec. '11 (30th b-day gift)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clam Bake

We ate there 3 weeks ago. On the seafood side they had hot and cold peel and eat shrimp, fried cod, huge steamed mussels, little neck clams, clam chowder, mahi mahi, and snow crab. If i didn't know better, they could have been queen legs. The knuckles were huge sweet and full of meat. So were the legs. On the meat side, they had steamboat prime, pork, and ribs. Too bad it was Lent, it was tough layin off that prime. This was our 6th time at this buffet and it was the best yet.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

My mom and sis were there in February and she said they had crab legs, clams, mussels, fish and I believe boiled shrimp....she also said they had roast beef, can't remember if she said steak...

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Last november we were there and the staff said that the crab legs were being tested- I guess they passed.
    I love this buffet- except it always seems poorly configured- they need some air traffic controllers or something!

2004-Allstar Movie
    2004-Allstar Movie
    2006-Allstar Movie- he proposed!!

2007-Allstar Movie
    2007- Allstar Music
    2008- September, December trip
    2009 June, Novemebr trip

"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's very tough to read"
    M Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Default Celebrations Magazine review

I havent been there myself, but I just read a pretty glowing review in a back issue of Celebrations magazine. You might want to try to track that down.
    Although Celebrations isnt exactly a Zagat review, and are very pro-WDW, it sounded really good to me, and we are not ClamBake types. Hope you have a great trip
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: