Quantcast Stanley Cup Playoff Thread - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Eh, there's no shame in losing to either last year's Yankees or this year's Blackhawks teams.

It's one thing for a favored team to under-achieve and blow a chance at a championship, but it's another thing altogether to lose to a team that's just better than you are and fight tooth and nail doing it.

The Blackhawks are very talented and just a more complete team than the Flyers. They deserved to win and hats off to them. They were a worthy adversary and, if anyone deserves a Cup as much as Flyers fans, it's Hawks fans. I don't feel so bad losing out to them!

Great season Flyers ... thanks for the ride!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all congrats to the Blackhawks and their fans. You have a great franchise with a storied history and I hope the fanbase is back to stay. It's nice to see one of the Original Six break their drought as opposed to these teams like the Tampa Bay Lightning or Anaheim Ducks winning.

I also want to ditto Ian's sentiments. This was a hard fought series but in the end, the 'Hawks were the better team. The last week of the regular season, I could not even fathom the idea that the Flyers would make it to the Stanley Cup Finals this post season. For a team that was all over the place during the regular season and had to get into the playoffs on a shootout, this was certainly an unexpected surprise to say the least.

The run was certainly entertaining, though nerve wracking at points. Some years were definitely taken off my life! Still, up until the end, despite being clearly outplayed in the majority of games 5 and 6, I believed that somehow they could hang on, and get lucky and steal a win. I was wrong. The biggest disappointment for me is that it's just so hard to get here, as evidenced by the fact that it took us 13 years to get back to the Finals. We've fallen short with many teams whom I thought were more talented, yet this group comes out of nowhere -who knows when we'll be back again. Oh well. As a fan of all Philly teams, I have to say that the Phillies WS win in 2008 is keeping me from being as depressed about this loss as I might've otherwise been.

Also, the final goal was soooo anti-climactic. It was just like... huh... ok... that's it? I think Kane (and probably Leighton) were the only ones who knew it went in from the start!
    Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    On a side note...hats off to the Flyers fans in the building being respectful when they loss. I thought I heard some booing but that's understandable. .
    Thanks! I thought the fans were pretty restrained. I mean of course they booed Bettman... we boo every commissioner in these parts, ha! And I know a lot of the fans were frustrated, not having ever seen a replay of the goal or gotten a good goal signal from the ref. But the one thing about the die hard fans is that they are not just Flyers fans, they are HOCKEY fans and even though they were disappointed in the loss, they were still proud of the team and in awe of being in the presence of the Stanley Cup.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that on TV Kane's goal was kinda anti-climatic. When I was watching I first thought it was just a trapped puck and call by Doc on NBC wasn't very convincing. What made it worse is that the lamp never lit and the officials didn't see it go in, but I know that happens sometimes. It must have been very confusing to the fans in the stands, but at least eat was a clean goal after the replay was shown.

I must that I do appreciate the Cup more having to watch the Hawks fight hard for it. I'd much rather see intense games that can go either way than a shut out.

Hopefully, there is more to come from the Hawks.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

I made the right pick when I started this thread that Chicago would win it all. Wish I would have went to Vegas with that pick.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donald A View Post
    I made the right pick when I started this thread that Chicago would win it all. Wish I would have went to Vegas with that pick.

My boyfriend is happy, he placed his bet back in September for Chicago to win. At that time the odds were 9 to 1.
    Shari

Many trips to Disneyland, grew up in Southern California.

1st trip to WDW - 2004 Son's HS Graduation
    2nd trip to WDW - 2010 First DVC Stay AKV & BCV

November 2010 - VGC
    May 2011 - VGC
    November 2011 - VGC
    December 2011 - BLT

DVC Member VGC & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I have been watching & going to Flyers games since 1973, and this has to be the best series i have seen/heard (listened over the internet 2 nights) in a long time. I am just sorry I no longer have my season tix! The last Stanley Cup final I went to we lostt (in 1997).

Conrgats to the Blackhawks & their fans!
    1974-1983 WDW day trips*92 WDW *94 Contemporary*97 WDW*97 Poly*98 DL PAC*99 DL DLH*2000 POFQ & CR*01 WDW*02 DLR DLH*02 WDW*03 POR*03 WDW 06 DVC Member*06 DLR*07 VBR*07 OKW*07 VWL*08 GCH*09 BLT*09 AKV*10 OKW*10 DLP-DH*11 BLT*11 AKL*12 BWV*14 Aulani*15 VGC*17 VGC*SDL TSH*17 TDR DAH*18 BC

Post Thanks / Like

Da DaDaDa DaDaDa DaDaDaDaDaDa
    What a THRILL!!
    Congratulation to the Chicago Blackhawks

Da DaDaDa DaDaDa
    DaDaDaDaDaDa

Post Thanks / Like

Overall, it's been a pretty magical couple of days in ChiTown.

I hope the fanbase is back to stay. It's nice to see one of the Original Six break their drought as opposed to these teams like the Tampa Bay Lightning or Anaheim Ducks winning.
    Now that Rocky's taken over the team (opposed to his father), things have been incredible in this city the past two years with the fans. It was old management driving the fans away (and the best players) previous to his demise. It's been quite a ride to see some of the old time Chicago greats being brought back into the fold this year after being maligned - and ignored - for so long. JR made me cry when we were victorious - and I thought I was done crying over hockey a long time ago!

Way to go, Blackhawks!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: