Quantcast Disney Magical Express tags

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Magical Express tags

I posted a question the other afternoon on a thread, but didn't receive an answer, so I thought I would start a new question which I hope will prompt a response. We are heading back to WDW on May the 21st and we are utilizing DME for the first time. We have already received our "normal" Disney package / itinerary about a week and a half ago and it has DME on the itinerary. When should we expect the yellow DME tags? Or maybe the better question would be, on average how many days before departure is it before you get these in the mail? It's 23 days till D-Day (D=Disney here), so should I contact Disney Travel or wait. Your advice is greatly appreciated.
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC
    1974, 77, 83 & 1995 - Off site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got mine in the mail and we are 35 days out. I would call and ask to be safe! Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

Did you book through a travel agent? If so, the tags will be sent to the travel agent who should forward them to you.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

No, I booked directly through Disney Travel, i.e. booked everything on-line. I enjoy doing it all myself.
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC

Post Thanks / Like

I never got mine. I called them to ask about it the other day and they said that they should have been sent. Unfortunately, since I was within 10 days (I leave tomorrow) they couldn't resend them.

Now I have to decide if I want to grab my own bag off of the carousel or give the information to Disney and let them find it.

Enjoy your trip!
    College Prg-'99
    Dixie-Jan'00
    OffSite-Oct'00
    Contem-Sep'01
    ASMo-Jan'02
    YC-Sep'02
    ASMo/WL-Jan'03
    POR-Sep'03
    ASMu-Dec'03
    AKL-May'04
    POR-Oct'04
    POP-Mar'05
    POR/Bdwk-Dec'05
    WL-Jan'06
    POP-Oct'06
    POR-Jan'07
    POP-Oct'07
    POR-Nov'08
    POR-Nov'09
    POP-Apr'10
    POP-Nov'12
    POR-Nov'14

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry that this has happened. They always say that you will have at least one problem with any vacation, so maybe you're getting yours out of the way now. I would love to hear how your experience is using DME once you get down there if you have that ability to post during your vacation. I think you have convinced me to call Disney Travel this evening and confirm. I hope the rest of your vacation is trouble free and I can't wait to go. As it truly is the Happiest place on Earth. Thank you!
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC

Post Thanks / Like

I called and ordered extra so I would just call and tell them they were not in your original packet.
    Bryan

4/86, 4/89 Disney Music Days (off property)
    5/89 Grad Nite (off property)
    7/2005 POR
    4/2007 Grad Nite Chap ASMu
    4/2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Grad Nite Chap (off property)
    6/2009 POR
    5/2010 SSR
    5/2011, 12/2011 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mymickey View Post
    Just got mine in the mail and we are 35 days out. I would call and ask to be safe! Good luck!!
    We are 21 days out and still don't have ours. I guess I had better call tomorrow.
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

We got ours about 14 days out but that was because they had sent them to Magical Journeys and Denise had to forward them on to me...at least I think that is what happened. Did you call them to confirm that your flight information is accurate?
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWCP Spring99 View Post
    Now I have to decide if I want to grab my own bag off of the carousel or give the information to Disney and let them find it.
    Let DIsney take care of it. In the just about 5 years that DME has been around and that I've been around Internet message boards, I've never once read a complaint from someone who did this and had a problem with it.

You'll check-in at the DME counter, you'll give them your baggage claim ticket numbers along with a physical description of each bag. They'll dispatch a CM to claim your bags for you. The CM will take your bags back behind-the-scenes at the airport and will print out a new DME tag for each bag and place it on each bag (the new DME tag will be white, not the usual yellow). The bags will then be brought to the collection area where they'll be picked up and brought to Disney's luggage sorting facility on the airport grounds.

From the moment they are picked up from the collection area, your bags will be treated exactly the same as every other DME bag.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    I posted a question the other afternoon on a thread, but didn't receive an answer, so I thought I would start a new question which I hope will prompt a response. We are heading back to WDW on May the 21st and we are utilizing DME for the first time. We have already received our "normal" Disney package / itinerary about a week and a half ago and it has DME on the itinerary. When should we expect the yellow DME tags? Or maybe the better question would be, on average how many days before departure is it before you get these in the mail? It's 23 days till D-Day (D=Disney here), so should I contact Disney Travel or wait. Your advice is greatly appreciated.
    I just called and spoke with CM. We have not received our ME tags yet either and we leave on the 19th. We were told that they dont mail them out until the 3 week mark (which was yesterday for us). So she said to call ME directly if we have not received them by the 5th of May. The number she gave me is 866-599-0951. Since you are arriving 2 days after us...I would assume you could call by the 7th of May if you still do not have yours. See ya in the World!
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2013 - March F&G POP
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

Forever A Child - Great minds think alike I called Disney Travel last night and CM Pam gave me the number you posted (thank you for doing that) I spoke with Ali at DME and he was able to tell me that our Tags had been sent to the printers on Sunday and that I should expect to receive them in the mail in the next 7 to 10 days. So I would assume the same is true for you and that you should have them in hand in the next 5 to 7 days. I'm looking forward to a few days off and there is no where I would rather spend them than at DW. Safe travels and see you there!!!!
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    Forever A Child - Great minds think alike I called Disney Travel last night and CM Pam gave me the number you posted (thank you for doing that) I spoke with Ali at DME and he was able to tell me that our Tags had been sent to the printers on Sunday and that I should expect to receive them in the mail in the next 7 to 10 days. So I would assume the same is true for you and that you should have them in hand in the next 5 to 7 days. I'm looking forward to a few days off and there is no where I would rather spend them than at DW. Safe travels and see you there!!!!
    We ot our DME packet today!
    Safe travels and see ya in the World!
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2013 - March F&G POP
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL