Quantcast What is disney like - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been to Disney land/world that many times...once to Disneyland and 3 times to Disneyworld. I went to Disneyland as a very young child but I do have vivid memories. The first time i went to Disneyworld was as a chaperone for our high school band trip. I absolutely fell in love with Disneyworld on that trip and took tons of pictures. I remember thinking that some way somehow I HAD to get my husband to bring me back down there...but I also knew that when he saw those pictures he would put his foot down and refuse to go....he really hates crowds and those pictures were taken 2 or 3 days before New Years day probably one of the most crowded times of the year. He didn't even notice the crowds in the pictures. Finally when we had made plans to visit our daughter in Georgia I went ahead and discussed making a quick 2 day trip down there since we were so close. I was shocked when he agreed. Then about a month before we were to leave I got a bonus at work.....AND they came out with a Free Dining Plan promotion....and that meant we could extend our trip. My DH wasn't happy but went along with it since I was using my bonus money for the trip. We ended up staying 4 or 5 nights. Wow was he surprised when he discovered that transportation to all the parks was provided....and the dining plan meant we didn't have to pay anything out of pocket because even the tip was included back then and he really liked the rides too as well as all the landscapng. At the end of our stay he realized he had actually enjoyed himself and especially the fact that our car never even moved except for the day we went to seaworld. So of course when I started talking about going to Disneyworld for our 30th anniversary he went right along with it. Two weeks ago we returned from a 9 night/10 day anniversary trip to Disneyworld. Although he won't admit it I think he has fallen in love with Disneyworld too....especially the flower and garden festival and all the character interaction. Now he talks to everyone about how great Disneyworld is and has also started talking about "the next time we go"....which unfortunately won''t be any time soon as we have a several big trips planned over the next few years....but it IS nice that he is talking about it at least! For me it is just about EVERYTHING that makes me love it so much. My husband loves that it is hassel free.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info i am lovin it!!!!
    ♥ ♥ ♥ Jesus is coming ♥ ♥ ♥

Post Thanks / Like

Each and every part. From the smallest pebble to the tallest "castle"!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

It's all been said already but I just have to agree. It is another world, check your cares at the gate and just be a kid. Every detail is perfect, every cast member there for you only, every meal is yummy and you will never be sad or bored. I just have more energy there. I want to go and go all day. I am normally rather cynical and sarcastic, but I just feel all negativity and stress melt away when I am there. I am 41 years old and I wear my Tigger ears from the moment the plane touches down to the moment we leave Disney property. It's just plain old fashioned fun.
    Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!

Post Thanks / Like

It is trully Magical. Impossible to describe. You have to experience it for yourself. Have a wonderful time.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

it's all amazing! even when you land at the orlando airport, i'm practically running off the plane! then you walk through the airport and there's a disney store and you think "that's not just a disney store, i'm going to disneyworld!!!" then you get closer and closer to the magical express counter and the people are so wonderful and kind and you get on your bus and they start the movie, it's so awesome! you finally get to your hotel and it's just amazing and overwhelming and you can't believe you're FINALLY there.

my family thinks i'm nuts for loving it so much, they wonder why i don't go anywhere else. i do go other places and i have a great time, but nothing is the same as disney! and there is so much to do! the pools, waterparks, parks, downtown disney, checking out the hotels, parades, fireworks, good food, etc! and before you even step foot on the property you could have your room, park tickets, meals (if you're on the meal plan), and different activities already paid for! it's so convenient.

it really is an awesome place and i'm sure you're getting excited just reading what all of us have said, but you will never really understand what we are talking about until you go. my best friend went with her husband and his fam a few years ago and she actually got teary eyed the first night during the fireworks. my other best friend and i are going in 22 days to celebrate her graduation from nursing school. i just got off the phone with her and we are both like little kids when we talk about it. i really hope you get to go someday! everyone should experience it at least once!
    Disney World
    May 1995 - Off Site
    January 1998 - Off Site
    January 2001 - Off Site
    July 2001 - Off Site
    August - September 2005 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    September 2006 - Pop Century
    December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    New Year's 2010 - POP
    May 2010 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

donaldsgal, we got to WDW every year. Sometimes twice. When we go with DD, we do a lot of things that she likes, although we always do some just for DW and DH (me). the atmosphere of the place is a highlight for me. Sure, we have our individual favorite rides, Buzz Lightyear, Big Thunder Mountain, Aerosmith R + R Coaster. The water parks are wonderful too. We prefer Typhoon Lagoon. We think Disney is (still) the world leader in customer service, so even having lunch there is a treat.
    For you first trip, just pick out some fun things to do. You can always go back, and back and back.

Postscript - Our favorite snack is a Dole Whip. Gotta try it.

Post Thanks / Like

Disney is one of the most amazing places on earth. Every time you step into the park you in a whole new world. Every persons faces shines as they see the amazing parades, the rides, and the classic characters!!! You should for sure go to disney some time soon!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=renecat;2047790]But I also must say not everyone has the same feeling as we do. QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean. I went the first time when I was 32. I was amazed. My husband went and me and the kids. Now I have been eight times more since then and have now booked a solo trip for this December. When I ask my husband if he wants to go, he just says he;s been there and doesn't have an urge to go back. CRAZZYYYY! He gave me a trip for 2 weeks to anywhere I wanted to go for our 25th anniversary. I totally considered Disney, but knew he would be miserable, so I chose Ireland instead. On the tour we booked, I met this older brother and sister who were disney fanatical like myself. We talked several times a day on the bus and then we were at the airport a while at the same time and talked there. So I at least got to interject a bit of Disney during my trip anyway.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Try to save up for a trip. You'll never forget it. Believe it or not WDW isn't as expensive as you'd think if you go to a value resort during the off season. My girlfriend (now Fiance) & I used to stay down the Shore here in NJ every year. Then we realized it was actually cheaper to go to WDW.
    Many people don't like the free dining promotion but if you go during the promotion you can save even more money since food can get real expensive there.
    I'd definitely do some research to get an idea of what it will cost you for a trip then try to save a little here & there to go because EVERYBODY DESERVES AT LEAST ONE TRIP TO WDW.
    ºoº Joe ºoº
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

Tough question to answer. How do you describe a brilliant sunset?, how do you explain how fantastic a meal was?, how to describe the first feelings of love? DisneyWorld is like that, do you get what I mean? It simply "is", thank goodness

"Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time, and for a brief moment, we have been among it's many passengers."

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with the everything crowd also. It's nice to not feel any stress. We do the good old Jersey shore too and i have to say, that we spend more money on the shore then we do in Disney.
    Next up CBR 10/31-11/8

Keep Moving Forward!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It's not called Disney "WORLD" for nothing! It's like...."the double-dip hand made ice cream sundae w/warm double fudge sauce" of vaca destinations.
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

I went for the first time when I was 28. I have been there 25 times and I am going again in December. Now I'm 54 and it never gets old. You will fall in love with it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by plutosnana View Post
    EVERYTHING!
    Couldn't agree more! Everything about WDW is great! I love going cause I can be as goofy as I want and I'll fit right in, haha. Its a great place to get back to your childhood roots and just be a kid! And never underestimate the power of a good WDW bench for some people-watching!
    -Corey-

Excuse me? Are you lookin' at me? Did you rub my lamp? Did you wake me up? Did you bring me here? And all of a sudden you're walking out on me? I don't think so, not right now. You're getting your wishes, so sit down!

Post Thanks / Like

the last time i went to WDW was in 1996, and it has changed a lot since then. So i understand your curiosity, if you've never been to a disney park you must be thinking we're some sort of lunatics

any disney park has it's own magic (yes, even Disneyland Paris) but WDW is MASSIVE, an overdose of disney, there's so much to see, do and enjoy.
    it's more than an amusement park or a fun fair! it's a place where you forget what happens in the outside world, and you get to be yourself without having those around you wondering if they should be taking you to a mental institution because you're hugging a person in a disguise or singing a childhood song aloud
    it's the world as it should be (even with the flaws, because it's not perfect,... but almost is)

it's a place where you can spend thousands of dollars in your trip and in souvenirs but never regret a single penny invested because the look in your kids' faces or those you love during your stay there meant the world to you

it's a memory creator, memories that will live with you forever.

and if you're a big disney fan... it's like being home

Go to WDW! if you can't afford it, try any of the other parks, they're all magical!
    I can't afford going to WDW yet but we go to DLRP each year and though it's a different experience it's worth it (for us in Europe at least). It's magical!

Try to save for a WDW trip, everyone should do it at least once in their lifetime

Post Thanks / Like

Well said...Divacat80! My only regret is that we could never afford to take our three kids when they were young. The middle child (now age 29) went with the high school band, but now she says..."been there, done that...no desire to go back!" Our youngest child (now 28) was crazy about Mickey Mouse as a child but no longer has any interest in Disney. Now our oldest daughter LOVES Disney....and so does all of her family. Not sure where our other two kids hatched from but it is sure strange that they have no desire whatsoever to go to Disneyworld!
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Genie1953 View Post
    Well said...Divacat80! My only regret is that we could never afford to take our three kids when they were young. The middle child (now age 29) went with the high school band, but now she says..."been there, done that...no desire to go back!" Our youngest child (now 28) was crazy about Mickey Mouse as a child but no longer has any interest in Disney. Now our oldest daughter LOVES Disney....and so does all of her family. Not sure where our other two kids hatched from but it is sure strange that they have no desire whatsoever to go to Disneyworld!
    i know what you mean, i'm sure we won't be able to afford a visit to WDW with our kids (we don't have children yet though...) but we'll do our best to take them to DLRP, though we know that might still be impossible...

still, having disney-hater kids would be our nightmare!!!! XD i'm secretly worried about boring my future kids with disney and i know my dh is as worried as i am hehehe
    they'll either become disney-lovers or disney-haters we know that for sure...

it's good that your daughter and her family love disney, you might get to share your love of disney with your grandchildren

(btw, sorry for my bad English!I'm trying to improve it )

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: